Eating is one of the few things that reduces my symptoms temporarily - At what point would eating every few minutes be detrimental?

OP
C

Callmestar

Eating constantly is a good thing only if you don't get endotoxin. The good part is that by eating small amounts the chances decrease, but at the same time it accustoms your gut to small quick digestions. You may find yourself sometimes not having time to eat and after few hours you get a big portion of rice which will give you endotoxin.

Going to the other extreme by eating every 10 minutes I think it's not optimal. You won't be able to keep it in the long run. What I advice you is to improve glucose oxidation by decreasing fat intake. This is what changed completely the way I feel. For example, eating 400g carbs and 100g fat with 70g of protein will make me feel worse than 400g carbs 50g fat and 70g protein even if I may lose weight on option 2.

Starches are known to deplete minerals as Peat says. The most energy I have is on full sugar.

Yeah, 10 minutes is a bit extreme. But every time there's a hint of needing some nutrition I suppose I eat. Today i've been having cottage cheese, fruit, honey as a snack every 45mins or so with meals in between.

OP
C

Callmestar

And the eating making the symptoms better for a bit would make sense because your body would pump out bile and whatever toxicity is present would be in the bile, taking the burden off the kidneys for a bit.

Have you tried charcoal? This could add another point of info that could help you better understand if this is what is going on. Also to make sure you are getting some kind of soluble fiber with every meal. However, if copper toxicity is in play then beans you need to be careful with. Psyllium husks could be tried again to find another point of info.

I've tried Charcoal and various other binders for possible mould toxicity issues (another stab in the dark really). Can't say i've noticed any difference. Makes sense though and I'll look into the copper.

Peatful

And if my thyroid is permanently insufficient/not producing enough hormone, is that fixable?
A resounding yes.
Not permanent I believe.

You could have done this 1.5 years ago to not get you in this (deeper) pit.

If my memory serves me correctly
Please go back and read what I wrote

Im not claiming im all knowing
But there are some solid fundamentals there iirc

LadyRae

A resounding yes.
Not permanent I believe.

Can you link that thread please? Thank you🙂

Peatful

Pretty sure this is the one
Almost two years ago
Wow

OP
C

Callmestar

A resounding yes.
Not permanent I believe.

I mean, I did do it then. I didn't really get anywhere. I likely didn't persist for long enough or maybe I did need the thyroid medication which I'm now on. I'm not any worse now. I'm not any better either though. Every day is still a nightmare. But yes i'll keep at it.

Momma

This might be good reading for you. For anyone truly.

“Of all the problems that can affect physical or mental health, none is more common than thyroid gland disturbance. None is more readily and inexpensively corrected. And none is more often untreated, and even unsuspected.

Hypothyroidism -- low thyroid function -- is one of the gland disturbances that many people suffer from without even realizing it. It can be the cause of low energy or constant fatigue that is one of the most common complaints brought to doctors. It may be responsible for chronic headaches, repeated infections, unyielding skin problems, or circulatory difficulties. Even more frightening, it can be a major factor in heart disease, lung cancer, and emphysema. And it is responsible for many emotional and mental disturbances. Hypothyroidism: The Unsuspected Illness explains low thyroid function in easy, understandable language. It tells how it may be affecting your health and your life.

Dr. Broda Barnes and Lawrence Galton tell what the thyroid gland is, how it works, the problems its dysfunction can induce. They detail case histories of patients, often thought hopeless, whose problems were discovered to be related to hypothyroidism and were cured by Dr. Barnes's simple effective techniques. And they discuss whether you too may be hypothyroid, affected by a condition even a physician may not recognize.

Included is a simple test you can make at home to discover if hypothyroidism may be the real, previously unsuspected cause of your ill health.

If you know you are hypothyroid, Hypothyroidism: The Unsuspected Illness will answer your questions about your condition. If you suspect you maybe, if you are unsure what may be causing those chronic headaches, infections, fatigue and low energy, it may help you find the answer.”

Last edited:

Peatful

I mean, I did do it then. I didn't really get anywhere. I likely didn't persist for long enough or maybe I did need the thyroid medication which I'm now on. I'm not any worse now. I'm not any better either though. Every day is still a nightmare. But yes i'll keep at it.
Did you?
I remember none of that

I think i signed off / unfollowed
So that explains it possibly

You may have eaten Peaty foods or whatever the orthorexics call it
But the last i recall
You were not eating robustly
Nor with the ferocity i did to heal

The title of this thread is kinda
When i eat i feel better….

Signing off now

Best wishes for full health

LLight

Lol such patronizing.
Remember, if it didn't work, it's because you didn't try hard enough.

@Callmestar I know you have tried countless supplements but intuitively, I believe the cause must be a deficiency. That this issue developed after a fast and lasted until now is an hint of that, in my opinion.

The "it's stress" makes no real sense to me. A lot of people are stressed and didn't develop this rather specific issue.

Peatful

Lol such patronizing.

@Callmestar I know you have tried countless supplements but intuitively, I believe the cause must be a deficiency. That this issue developed after a fast and lasted until now is an hint of that, in my opinion.

The "it's stress" makes no real sense to me. A lot of people are stressed and didn't develop this rather specific issue.
Lol?

This is care.

Did you go read the original post of 29 pages of help we all offered?

I’m not faulting him

He has to figure this out on his own to truly heal.

Interesting that you have been here since 2018 and don’t understand the fundamental Peat concept of a stressed metabolism.

If I’m being truly honest
It is shtt like this that makes me participate less and less here

OP
C

Callmestar

Lol such patronizing.

Lol?

This is care.

I’m not faulting him

He has to figure this out on his own to truly heal.

Interesting that you have been here since 2018 and don’t understand the fundamental Peat concept of a stressed metabolism.

If I’m being truly honest
It is shtt like this that makes me participate less and less here

It's ok, I didn't take it as patronising. Sometimes people need reminding to get back on track and I'm often not consistent enough with the things I try.

LLight

In fact, I'm pretty sure I have read the whole thread and tried to help Callmestar, while you stated you had quit the thread after having delivered the truth. I'm also pretty sure it's not the first time I've seen a message of you being quite judgmental.

Ulcer is known to be a common effect of stress. Dehydration?

Momma

In fact, I'm pretty sure I have read the whole thread and tried to help Callmestar, while you stated you had quit the thread after having delivered the truth. I'm also pretty sure it's not the first time I've seen a message of you being quite judgmental.

Ulcer is known to be a common effect of stress. Dehydration?
I just read all 29 pages myself. I think he or she (@Peatful) made it to page 26 or 27. And the link above seems excellent regarding Peat’s views and teachings on the stress response or the stressed state.

LLight

@Momma I'm not against the solution brought by Peatful per se but the way this is conveyed. Moreover the stress metabolism cannot explain all diseases and doesn't provide a clear method.

Let's see what happen if he forces himself to eat.

Momma

@Momma I'm not against the solution brought by Peatful per se but the way this is conveyed. Moreover the stress metabolism cannot explain all diseases and doesn't provide a clear method.

Thx. I have understood Ray’s work to shine light on that very thing. A stressed metabolism brings all disease; hence, pro thyroid pro metabolic health.

I noticed too you were always there to offer a new idea in the said thread above. You came in with a new angle. Appreciate it.

OP
C

Callmestar

Thx. I have understood Ray’s work to shine light on that very thing. A stressed metabolism brings all disease; hence, pro thyroid pro metabolic health.

I noticed too you were always there to offer a new idea in the said thread above. You came in with a new angle. Appreciate it.

Genuinely appreciated everyone's input, even if we cant all be correct, it gives me things to try and some hope and keeps me going.

Honeycomb

Possibly vitamin A toxicity. My cholesterol was sky high on a Ray Peat diet, the dr said he never saw anyone higher. Within a few months on low vitamin A my cholesterol went to perfect, and has stayed there since.
Can I ask what foods did you cut out, if any, or reduce your intake of? And, how long was it before you saw an improvement in your cholesterol levels? Thank you!

OP
C

Callmestar

Ok, I've increased the carbs a lot and am eating say every 45mins or so or whenever there is an urge to. I eat 3 regular large meals, for breakfast, lunch, dinner and am having fruit, cottage cheese with honey, chocolate milk, skimmed milk and OJ for snacks in between. Early days but I can say I am feeling somewhat better. Not as depleted.

One issue, I seem to be getting a lot of reflux/heartburn since eating more regularly like this. Also I can see my belly and chest already starting to slowly increase in fat even from this short time of doing this. I can barely manage cardio, can do some light weights here and there but wondering on any recommendations of exercise to keep some of this fat off while I keep the carbs and nutrition high. I can't do anything too intense but need something I can get a sweat on with I think.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals