Eating is one of the few things that reduces my symptoms temporarily - At what point would eating every few minutes be detrimental?

Callmestar

I've posted many times about an ongoing issue of depletion. dehydration, thirst, frequent urination. It feels like I have an inability to hold on to minerals, nutrition and fluid. Eating temporarily gives me a little relief in symptoms in that I feel slightly less depleted, thirsty temporarily and my frequent urination reduces temporarily.

Often I don't feel hungry but still feel depleted. I'm wondering if literally forcing myself to eat every 10 minutes or so might be worth a try? Maybe it might eventually lead to a sustained reduction symptoms. It feels like my body has lost it's ability to balance minerals, hold nutrition and retain water.

My only concern is the risk if this, my cholesterol is slightly high, it's come down somewhat since starting thyroid. I'm in half decent shape muscle wise but have developed a lot of belly fat and some chest fat which seem disproportionate to the rest of my body. I might not have any other option but to try this but does it sound like a reasonable idea? To note my symptoms did start shortly after long periods of PTSD and a water fast. I've had endless medical tests / blood tests which never throw up any obvious cause for my symptoms.

If anyone has any ideas or would want to write me a diet plan, I can pay.

I've posted many times about an ongoing issue of depletion. dehydration, thirst, frequent urination. It feels like I have an inability to hold on to minerals, nutrition and fluid. Eating temporarily gives me a little relief in symptoms in that I feel slightly less depleted, thirsty temporarily and my frequent urination reduces temporarily.

Often I don't feel hungry but still feel depleted. I'm wondering if literally forcing myself to eat every 10 minutes or so might be worth a try? Maybe it might eventually lead to a sustained reduction symptoms. It feels like my body has lost it's ability to balance minerals, hold nutrition and retain water.

My only concern is the risk if this, my cholesterol is slightly high, it's come down somewhat since starting thyroid. I'm in half decent shape muscle wise but have developed a lot of belly fat and some chest fat which seem disproportionate to the rest of my body. I might not have any other option but to try this but does it sound like a reasonable idea? To note my symptoms did start shortly after long periods of PTSD and a water fast. I've had endless medical tests / blood tests which never throw up any obvious cause for my symptoms.

I am going to assume since all of these negative things started when you started taking thyroid that you stopped taking it?

OP
C

Callmestar

I am going to assume since all of these negative things started when you started taking thyroid that you stopped taking it?

The symptoms didn't start after taking thyroid, I had the symptoms many years before taking thyroid. Not sure how you drew that conclusion but sorry if how I worded it came across that way. Thyroid has probably had a subtle benefit, in that my appetite is slightly more normal and my cholesterol has come down but it hasn't helped my symptoms nor made them worse.

Peatful

Hi there
Remember me?
From your very first post a long while ago

I don’t recall exactly what i wrote dietary wise
Meaning specifics

But i can give you some ideas if interested

I would want you to define “forcing” yourself before any advice given of course

High cholesterol is a classic hypothyroid symptom
So there’s that

Anyway
Go back and read what i wrote on my first interaction with you
I guess that was 1.5 years ago or so

Best

Normal Human

Haven't followed your whole story, but I'm assuming you've had bloodwork to rule out Type 1 diabetes or Diabetes Insipidus? Your symptoms a lot like those conditions.

Diabetes insipidus

OP
C

Callmestar

Hi there
Remember me?
From your very first post a long while ago

I don’t recall exactly what i wrote dietary wise
Meaning specifics

But i can give you some ideas if interested

I would want you to define “forcing” yourself before any advice given of course

High cholesterol is a classic hypothyroid symptom
So there’s that

Anyway
Go back and read what i wrote on my first interaction with you
I guess that was 1.5 years ago or so

Best

Hi, I do remember you and your posts. I will go back and look more closely at them later but I recall you were on the track of EAT MORE, better foods, more regularly etc. Basically stop f*kin myself up with poor foods and low calories especially after having done fasts previously.

When I say forcing myself, I just mean say for example his morning, i'm not hungry at all, no food seems appealing to me, i'm just thirsty. So should I "force" myself to eat? Or just generally throughout the day, there will be times when i'm hungry so I eat but many times where I feel depleted, deficient, dry...but not hungry, so should I still eat when I feel those things even though my body isn't hungry.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Hmmm wondering if it might be copper toxicity.

Peatful

Hi, I do remember you and your posts. I will go back and look more closely at them later but I recall you were on the track of EAT MORE, better foods, more regularly etc. Basically stop f*kin myself up with poor foods and low calories especially after having done fasts previously.

When I say forcing myself, I just mean say for example his morning, i'm not hungry at all, no food seems appealing to me, i'm just thirsty. So should I "force" myself to eat? Or just generally throughout the day, there will be times when i'm hungry so I eat but many times where I feel depleted, deficient, dry...but not hungry, so should I still eat when I feel those things even though my body isn't hungry.
Ok
Yes
Eat
Eat more food
Less liquids
But i never said “better” foods
I actually healed on the opposite of sorts

Regarding the “forcing” oneself question

I think we replace the word forcing with healing
Healing oneself

No appetite is simply stress hormones
No surprise there
So yes
Of course you must eat
Not drink water
Not drink coffee

Consider a slow entry into the day with the beloved adrenal cocktail
Only do this if the thought of food repulses you at the beginning

Adrenal cocktail is OJ, collagen, coconut milk and a pinch of salt
Like an Orange Julius
If you get crazy
Put in a blender with an egg yolk

Then after a while
Eat a breakfast that is tasty to you and you digest well

We can talk specifics if you like later

Too much data at one time usually isn’t helpful

Im so glad you are seeing the medicinal value of food
“Let food by thy medicine”….

OP
C

Callmestar

Hmmm wondering if it might be copper toxicity.

Hmmm, your post actually triggered a memory. I think it's very unlikely I copper toxicity, but, I do now recall I was wearing these copper bracelets for there supposed health benefits near when I became unwell. I will definitely explore this even if very unlikely. Can I ask what made you think of this?

OP
C

Callmestar

Ok
Yes
Eat
Eat more food
Less liquids
But i never said “better” foods
I actually healed on the opposite of sorts

Regarding the “forcing” oneself question

I think we replace the word forcing with healing
Healing oneself

No appetite is simply stress hormones
No surprise there
So yes
Of course you must eat
Not drink water
Not drink coffee

Consider a slow entry into the day with the beloved adrenal cocktail
Only do this if the thought of food repulses you at the beginning

Adrenal cocktail is OJ, collagen, coconut milk and a pinch of salt
Like an Orange Julius
If you get crazy
Put in a blender with an egg yolk

Then after a while
Eat a breakfast that is tasty to you and you digest well

We can talk specifics if you like later

Too much data at one time usually isn’t helpful

Im so glad you are seeing the medicinal value of food
“Let food by thy medicine”….

Thank you. And you make me laugh. Funnily enough I resorted to OJ this morning. I'll try the cocktail.

On the belly fat and cholesterol, what would you say, just bear with it for now and allow them to increase in order to heal if they have to?

Peatful

Thank you. And you make me laugh. Funnily enough I resorted to OJ this morning. I'll try the cocktail.

On the belly fat and cholesterol, what would you say, just bear with it for now and allow them to increase in order to heal if they have to?
The cocktail part is important for blood sugar regulation

You are stressing your adrenals with sugar spikes and falls with just OJ
Plus
Liquids don’t do much in healing secondary digestion issues

No OJ alone
I prefer food
But the cocktail is a great gateway for you to get in touch with hunger again

Belly fat could simply be what I just addressed
Stressed adrenals
High cortisol
Unbalanced hormones

Once you heal
The thyroid kicks in
You become balanced
And that goes away effortlessly

That fat is a protective mechanism
Your body is fighting for you
You need to help it

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Can I ask what made you think of this?
The crazy thirst. The excessive peeing. This could be the kidneys trying to get the copper out because the liver is not able to keep up.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
And the eating making the symptoms better for a bit would make sense because your body would pump out bile and whatever toxicity is present would be in the bile, taking the burden off the kidneys for a bit.

Have you tried charcoal? This could add another point of info that could help you better understand if this is what is going on. Also to make sure you are getting some kind of soluble fiber with every meal. However, if copper toxicity is in play then beans you need to be careful with. Psyllium husks could be tried again to find another point of info.

OP
C

Callmestar

The cocktail part is important for blood sugar regulation

You are stressing your adrenals with sugar spikes and falls with just OJ
Plus
Liquids don’t do much in healing secondary digestion issues

No OJ alone
I prefer food
But the cocktail is a great gateway for you to get in touch with hunger again

Belly fat could simply be what I just addressed
Stressed adrenals
High cortisol
Unbalanced hormones

Once you heal
The thyroid kicks in
You become balanced
And that goes away effortlessly

That fat is a protective mechanism
Your body is fighting for you
You need to help it

I hear you.

I'm on thyroid, is that going to be an issue? When you say "thyroid kicks in£. My TSH was up to 8.6 and my cholesterol very high despite me not being overweight, other than the belly, so I felt I had to go thyroid as things were getting out of hand. My cholesterol has come down and appetite has improved some so I think I likely needed it even if I don't want t be on it.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
my cholesterol very high
Possibly vitamin A toxicity. My cholesterol was sky high on a Ray Peat diet, the dr said he never saw anyone higher. Within a few months on low vitamin A my cholesterol went to perfect, and has stayed there since.

Peatful

I hear you.

I'm on thyroid, is that going to be an issue? When you say "thyroid kicks in£. My TSH was up to 8.6 and my cholesterol very high despite me not being overweight, other than the belly, so I felt I had to go thyroid as things were getting out of hand. My cholesterol has come down and appetite has improved some so I think I likely needed it even if I don't want t be on it.
Being on thyroid in your current state is only adding stress to a stressed metabolism

You need to feed your thyroid by feeding your body
You need to calm your stress hormones down

There is always time for thyroid in your future
But now is not the time imo

Eating constantly is a good thing only if you don't get endotoxin. The good part is that by eating small amounts the chances decrease, but at the same time it accustoms your gut to small quick digestions. You may find yourself sometimes not having time to eat and after few hours you get a big portion of rice which will give you endotoxin.

Going to the other extreme by eating every 10 minutes I think it's not optimal. You won't be able to keep it in the long run. What I advice you is to improve glucose oxidation by decreasing fat intake. This is what changed completely the way I feel. For example, eating 400g carbs and 100g fat with 70g of protein will make me feel worse than 400g carbs 50g fat and 70g protein even if I may lose weight on option 2.

Starches are known to deplete minerals as Peat says. The most energy I have is on full sugar.

OP
C

Callmestar

Being on thyroid in your current state is only adding stress to a stressed metabolism

You need to feed your thyroid by feeding your body
You need to calm your stress hormones down

There is always time for thyroid in your future
But now is not the time imo

I would love to agree with you on thyroid and for the record I wish I wasn't on it, but my Cholesterol had gone up to 9mmol/L or there abouts and my appetite was that of one large meal a day. I had to do something about it as just eating more was putting the cholesterol up further. I think my thyroid may be screwed due to the 4 or so CT scans, videofluorscopies, xrays etc I've had in the area due to head and beck issues. Not sure I can just ignore a TSH on 8.6 and such high cholesterol.

If we are suggesting most of my issue is due to my own thyroid not working well then I would think I might be permanently screwed.

Peatful

I would love to agree with you on thyroid and for the record I wish I wasn't on it, but my Cholesterol had gone up to 9mmol/L or there abouts and my appetite was that of one large meal a day. I had to do something about it as just eating more was putting the cholesterol up further. I think my thyroid may be screwed due to the 4 or so CT scans, videofluorscopies, xrays etc I've had in the area due to head and beck issues. Not sure I can just ignore a TSH on 8.6 and such high cholesterol.

If we are suggesting most of my issue is due to my own thyroid not working well then I would think I might be permanently screwed.
Most of your problems are due to a stressed metabolism.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals