Hypothetical: What Would Someone Who Seems To Be Experiencing Some Symptoms Of Heart Failure Do?

redsun

Not asking for me but a close relative. I know quite a lot of peat theory and what not but I feel more comfortable if someone more versed would also chime in and let me know if I'm missing something. Also I would preferably not want to rely on supplements except for vitamins and minerals, so this is going in terms of diet. Perhaps what fruits are the most nutrient dense, Im not quite sure myself.

I believe the main task is to reduce FFAs in the blood and fuel glucose properly, so fruits and protein is a good place to start?

She drinks a lot of soda and craves sugar constantly(helps reduce FFA temporarily I guess) but i think all the empty calories are degenerating her. My first assumption is to encourage replacement of empty sugar with fruits. She already eats plenty of dairy so calcium isnt an issue.

She is not a big eater of meat and never has been and likely this lack of protein and animal nutrients(bioavailable minerals, b6, b12 mainly) has been catching up to her(tests showed hypo, also has basically all symptoms of hypo). I got her on methylcobalamin and b6 there has been benefit in mood and energy so thats a start but providing good quality sugar to the heart is the priority to prevent further heart problems.

Let me know if I hit the dime or if theres something im missing. Thanks in advance.

lampofred

I think bag breathing would help to relax blood vessels and improve circulation. Keeping protein intake high should reduce serotonin/inflammation, which will reduce blood coagulation. Fruits are also very beneficial for the heart because of flavonoids and other anti-estrogenic substances. Aspirin will reduce clotting and will change the hormonal balance in a beneficial way.

I think Dr. Peat said the main issue in heart failure is low CO2 production which makes the heart get waterlogged and take up calcium, leading to a weak heart beat. But I don't know if directly supplementing thyroid is appropriate when the heart is already showing signs of failure. I would email Dr. Peat directly if you think there is a high chance of a heart attack in the near future.

ken

Someplace Peat says than he's known people who lived for decades by having a spoonful of urea in their juice everyday. i found an old scientific paper that said an old drug,urea, was the latest thing for heart failure. The paper was from 1925.

nad

I think bag breathing would help to relax blood vessels and improve circulation. Keeping protein intake high should reduce serotonin/inflammation, which will reduce blood coagulation. Fruits are also very beneficial for the heart because of flavonoids and other anti-estrogenic substances. Aspirin will reduce clotting and will change the hormonal balance in a beneficial way.

I think Dr. Peat said the main issue in heart failure is low CO2 production which makes the heart get waterlogged and take up calcium, leading to a weak heart beat. But I don't know if directly supplementing thyroid is appropriate when the heart is already showing signs of failure. I would email Dr. Peat directly if you think there is a high chance of a heart attack in the near future.
I have a same situation,which seems to get worse since I start thyroid etc. Fill like I'm killing myself.. Could you please tell how to ask Dr. Peat by email? Do you or somebody have his email?

Beastmode

Ray Peat suggested once in an email that 1 mcg of T3 per hour can be very effective for someone who's heart is failing.

We had a family member who was experiencing this and the strategy seemed to really help.

nad

Ray Peat suggested once in an email that 1 mcg of T3 per hour can be very effective for someone who's heart is failing.

We had a family member who was experiencing this and the strategy seemed to really help.
thank you! And which is this working brand? And how often? Each hour? How many times/day you use it? And every day? Please

Beastmode

thank you! And which is this working brand? And how often? Each hour? How many times/day you use it? And every day? Please

Cytomel brand is what was used.

We followed Ray's advice of every hour until symptoms subsided.

nad

Cytomel brand is what was used.

We followed Ray's advice of every hour until symptoms subsided.
Thank you, so you use only when symptoms here, and on the other time do you use some NDT to prevent?

Beastmode

Thank you, so you use only when symptoms here, and on the other time do you use some NDT to prevent?

No, this was just in the specific case that was occurring in my family member. We've never used NDT.

TeaRex14

Heart failure is one of the many ways energy failure can manifest itself. Lowering free fatty acids, desiccated thyroid, dietary sugar, salt, bag breathing (or other CO2 treatments), and niacinamide are some of the best ways to reverse energy failure. So you've got the general idea when lowering FFAs. The only thing I would add is it's highly crucial that the body properly converts glucose into pyruvate, and not lactate. So taking a high quality source of thiamine and biotin would be very helpful in this process of properly using glucose.

rei

Heart needs saturated fatty acids. This can be absent in some people's diet. For instance if they stay at hospital. This places extra burden on creating them oneself.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals