Low test, low SHBG, High DHEA - Fatigued and unwell for years, what to do?

Gustav3Y

81 nmol/L Vit D is actually 32.4 ng/mL basically way lower than previous remarks and not very high by current standards.

OP
C

Callmestar

81 nmol/L Vit D is actually 32.4 ng/mL basically way lower than previous remarks and not very high by current standards.

Hmmm. Crazy how they class the 81 as in optimal range then on that blood test. Their 'adequate' range sounds as though it would be very low in reality.

Although having checked the ranges for Ng/ml for vit D, most say between 20-40 is adequate so mine could be higher but isn't low. I'll definitely up my vit d again though.

peateats1

Creatinine is more kidney related I believe(although thyroid function does control kidney function) while creatine kinase is a muscle enzyme that signals muscle wasting injury or breakdown causing that enzyme to appear in the blood. My creatinine was normal but ck was 5000. I was reading on a physicians network website of some sort and they had a list of five things that could cause elevated ck. Those were hypothyroidism, infection, electrolyte imbalance, mineral deficiencies, and cancer I think.

I know your situation is complicated and most of the advice you're receiving isn't necessarily making a difference, but I just thought I'd throw in my experience to add to the discussion. I feel for you and hope you get this fixed and start feeling better!

OP
C

Callmestar

Creatinine is more kidney related I believe(although thyroid function does control kidney function) while creatine kinase is a muscle enzyme that signals muscle wasting injury or breakdown causing that enzyme to appear in the blood. My creatinine was normal but ck was 5000. I was reading on a physicians network website of some sort and they had a list of five things that could cause elevated ck. Those were hypothyroidism, infection, electrolyte imbalance, mineral deficiencies, and cancer I think.

I know your situation is complicated and most of the advice you're receiving isn't necessarily making a difference, but I just thought I'd throw in my experience to add to the discussion. I feel for you and hope you get this fixed and start feeling better!

Thanks mate. I genuinely appreciate the advice from everyone even if it might appear I don't take all of it on board. I try to but can only explore a few avenues that don't conflict with each other at one time.

Yes you are right on the difference between creatine and creatine kinase but I think creatine can also indicate muscle breakdown. The usual question when the doctor sees the result is "do you go to the gym/weight lift" "Do you have a lot of muscle mass" as that can be a cause for high creatine......and I'm like no, I can't even go to the gym now and my creatinine is far higher now than it ever was when I was going to the gym and had more muscle mass, clearly indicating there's a problem.

Maybe it is all thyroid related. I've started cynoplus half a tab in the morning, half a tab late afternoon. Can't say I've noticed anything yet but think I need to keep going and keep the right foods going in to see if it has any impact.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals