I Feel Like I'm On Cocaine

Runenight201

My brain is always tingling, I have so much more energy, I'm pooping like 5 times a day. I've been doing this for 2 days.

I'm drinking OJ, sugar, skim milk, honey, and gelatin by the buckets. Occasional cheese and supplementing E,D, and K.

What is this magic. Have Thyroid on the way and I don't even know if I should bother. I still have stress responses, but every time I feel them coming on I drink some sugar and its insane how much it attenuates it.

I am frequently consuming liquid calories which is kind of unfortunate because I'm peeing every 40 minutes, and I'm not really sure where my temps are at, because they've been chronically low I don't really bother. I think I have a long way to go to raise them, but I'm really enjoying the process.

Vinero

I am frequently consuming liquid calories which is kind of unfortunate because I'm peeing every 40 minutes
You want to urinate as little as possible. Frequent urination, especially if it's very clear like water, is a sign of high stress-hormones.
Try eating more solid foods and increasing your sodium intake.

OP
Runenight201

Runenight201

Aren't all fruits high in water? I'm attempting the zero starch thing for now so not looking to add those back in for the moment. Also could it be a thing that decreases as my hormonal situation improves? I'll add more salt into my OJ, and my gelatin is usually very salty.

Also its only during the day, I'm not waking up in the middle of the night to go pee. In fact last night was the best nights rest I've gotten in a loooong time. I was able to sleep 7 hours straight and not have to take a nap again after waking. Still got stress hormones to deal with, but I definitely am positive for the future.

lampofred

Just a warning that I felt this way at first too but it doesn't last long. After you do it for a while, the stress hormones go down and you crash, but that's when the real improvement starts and you slowly gradually start getting better at basically everything. (At least this is what happened in my case.)

OP
Runenight201

Runenight201

Just a warning that I felt this way at first too but it doesn't last long. After you do it for a while, the stress hormones go down and you crash, but that's when the real improvement starts and you slowly gradually start getting better at basically everything. (At least this is what happened in my case.)

Alright, alright, alright, alriiiiiight.

Do you mind giving an estimate of the amount of time you spent in each period?

lampofred

Alright, alright, alright, alriiiiiight.

Do you mind giving an estimate of the amount of time you spent in each period?

Lol don't kill the euphoria by worrying about the comedown

But if you really want to know the euphoria lasted a few months for me and I've been in the constant, gradual increase in sharpness and alertness phase for over a year

You say you’re doing zero starch, would this euphoric mood be a result of eliminating it? I’m curious and if that’s a correlation I’d like to try.

OP
Runenight201

Runenight201

I think my euphoric mood is more of a factor of my really high sugar intake.

Oh boy it's gonna be a long way... ups and downs my friend

sladerunner69

You want to urinate as little as possible. Frequent urination, especially if it's very clear like water, is a sign of high stress-hormones.

Do you have a source on this? Preferably from Ray?

Frequent urination can be mitigated by consuming more salt in my experience. I used to have this issue when starting Peat as well. Now I urinate every few hours, and not clear stuff. I always add salt or baking soda to my juice.

Vinero

Frequent urination can be mitigated by consuming more salt in my experience. I used to have this issue when starting Peat as well. Now I urinate every few hours, and not clear stuff. I always add salt or baking soda to my juice.
No source, just my experience.

raypeatclips

+1, I too feel terrible when urinating very frequently. Salt wasn't able to help me much, solid foods was the key. I've a feeling this might not end well for OP, feeling like you're on cocaine isn't desirable surely?

, "Ray Peat" <> wrote:
Inflammation causes the bowel to extract too much water. Thyroid, sugar, and other antiinflammatory things usually help.

kyle

It's not bad to urinate frequently. But it is a good sign when you're not. Definitely a distinction there.

Constatine

That's great but be sure to eat a variety of nutritious foods as well. The crash people are talking about is likely due to nutritional deficiencies from a limited diet that stimulates the metabolism (higher metabolism means use nutrients more efficiently but also more rapidly). So don't forget your oysters, liver, etc.

mujuro

Forum Supporter
Oh boy it's gonna be a long way... ups and downs my friend

Preach.

You will probably hit a bump in the road. Almost everyone does. As Constantine said, a high metabolism will quickly reveal your deficiencies. Then you collect yourself, dial things down and start again. I've started from scratch more times than I can remember. The stresses of life never relent.

LUH 3417

Nothing can kill this vibe man. I actually don't believe it will happen to me. I'll keep hitting this sugar high until I die.
Well if healing is about rejuvenation maybe you’re reversing into your previous cocaine life phase to heal some of the damage that went on then

OP
Runenight201

Runenight201

I would love to poop more too, twice per day would be great.
Coffee and magnesium should be your friends.

That's great but be sure to eat a variety of nutritious foods as well. The crash people are talking about is likely due to nutritional deficiencies from a limited diet that stimulates the metabolism (higher metabolism means use nutrients more efficiently but also more rapidly). So don't forget your oysters, liver, etc.
I had a bad experience with liver. There was a period where I ate it 2-3 days in the row because I learned it was so good for you and I broke out in really bad cystic acne. I definitely over did it, but it honestly tastes really bad to me (this is cheap farmers market frozen liver tho). Idk how to get high quality liver or oysters, but I'll probably introduce them on a bi-weekly basis starting next week. I also have been eating bananas, grapes, different fruits, and spinach, mushrooms, and peas. I understand Ray's position on different foods, but at a certain point it gets borderline orthorexic and I'd rather just eat different things that I think can provide different micronutrients/flavanols to the table while minimizing the overt cons of certain foods. As long as the bulk of the diet are "safe" Peat foods I think that suffices.

+1, I too feel terrible when urinating very frequently. Salt wasn't able to help me much, solid foods was the key. I've a feeling this might not end well for OP, feeling like you're on cocaine isn't desirable surely?
Haha the extreme self-confidence, dopamine rush, feeling like you can accomplish anything is pretty powerful. I may have been slightly hyperbolic as I tend to be sometimes but I do feel really good. I'll ride this as long as I can, introduce thyroid VERY slowly, and proceed from there.

Preach.

You will probably hit a bump in the road. Almost everyone does. As Constantine said, a high metabolism will quickly reveal your deficiencies. Then you collect yourself, dial things down and start again. I've started from scratch more times than I can remember. The stresses of life never relent.

By reveal your deficiencies, how do you know if you're deficient in a given micronutrient? As long as I'm consuming micronutrient food such as OJ, milk, gelatin, cheese, fruits, some veggies, wouldn't that cover bases? Occasional Oyster and liver too I guess X.X....

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals