Day 4 of No Starch, I feel like I'm on cyproheptadine

Grouptose

I have never taken cypro in my life, but I imagine it would be very similar to how I feel right now. This is the most Anti-serotonin I have felt in my life, no social anxiety, I can feel things, I feel connected with things around, head feels clear, less anhedonia, more motivation, excitement and random hard ons in the morning. Starch (especially grains) were definitely made to keep people in a hyper serotonin state, I can confirm. Without starches, I developed this sense of Learned Hopefulness, which is exactly what it sounds like.

It hit me yesterday and it hit me even more today on day 4 with no starch, the thought of dying actually scares me now. This is a good improvement because I used to be very suicidal due to taking antidepressants, and even though I stopped being suicidal after the drug left my system, I still didn't care about dying that much. Now it sounds scary to me (which is normal because I used to be a big necrophobic, I always thought death was terrible and I never wanted to die before taking SSRIS)

What I ate today:

Fresh mince meatballs, half a papaya and 2 glasses of blood orange juice mixed with regular orange juice

Today I have this bliss feeling aswell, this also reminds me of how people feel after taking magic mushrooms, there's a video of some guy saying that when he went on a mushroom trip he went from being suicidal to being scared/sad about the thought of dying, probably due to the downregulation of serotonin. I'll link the video here 23:16 timestamp
View: https://youtu.be/7GtOxGJYCoI

cupofcoffee

Great results! Btw i think making a log thread where you put all your updates would be more time-efficient and easier to follow for people who want to read of your experience. I don't mean this in a bad way just a suggestion.

OP
Grouptose

Grouptose

Great results! Btw i think making a log thread where you put all your updates would be more time-efficient and easier to follow for people who want to read of your experience. I don't mean this in a bad way just a suggestion.
Yea you're right, good idea

Makrosky

I have never taken cypro in my life, but I imagine it would be very similar to how I feel right now. This is the most Anti-serotonin I have felt in my life, no social anxiety, I can feel things, I feel connected with things around, head feels clear, less anhedonia, more motivation, excitement and random hard ons in the morning. Starch (especially grains) were definitely made to keep people in a hyper serotonin state, I can confirm. Without starches, I developed this sense of Learned Hopefulness, which is exactly what it sounds like.

It hit me yesterday and it hit me even more today on day 4 with no starch, the thought of dying actually scares me now. This is a good improvement because I used to be very suicidal due to taking antidepressants, and even though I stopped being suicidal after the drug left my system, I still didn't care about dying that much. Now it sounds scary to me (which is normal because I used to be a big necrophobic, I always thought death was terrible and I never wanted to die before taking SSRIS)

What I ate today:

Fresh mince meatballs, half a papaya and 2 glasses of blood orange juice mixed with regular orange juice

Today I have this bliss feeling aswell, this also reminds me of how people feel after taking magic mushrooms, there's a video of some guy saying that when he went on a mushroom trip he went from being suicidal to being scared/sad about the thought of dying, probably due to the downregulation of serotonin. I'll link the video here 23:16 timestamp
View: https://youtu.be/7GtOxGJYCoI

Are you sure it is not stress hormones? Meatballs, half a papaya and 2 glasses of orange juice seem to be very few calories and also carbs/sugar.

OP
Grouptose

Grouptose

Are you sure it is not stress hormones? Meatballs, half a papaya and 2 glasses of orange juice seem to be very few calories and also carbs/sugar.
It could be possibly, I'm still increasing calories bit by bit so that I don't go from eating too little to eating too much fast. It is very hard to get a lot of carbs in with no starches, that's why I don't plan on doing this forever.

OP
Grouptose

Grouptose

also, what are your thoughts on refined orange juice and other drinks from shops, would they be fine to consume for extra carbs? Or should all carbs be from fresh juice only

Makrosky

also, what are your thoughts on refined orange juice and other drinks from shops, would they be fine to consume for extra carbs? Or should all carbs be from fresh juice only
Sorry, I don't drink orange juice normally and I find it very unhealthy and psicollogically derranged to base nutrition on liquids. And probably it is going to exacerbate the orthorexia problem you mentioned in other posts.

I would only use it temporarily to correct some ailment or to experiment. But not for daily nutrition.

Michael Mohn

A lot of juices have additives, like ascorbic acid, but I like grape juice and pineapple juice to up the calories. Dates and honey are concentrate caloric sources. Adding white sugar too juices is OK. Fresh ripe fruit is best but juices are good, cheap and convenient.

TheSir

Loving these no starch and no grain threads that have been popping up lately.

TobiNFHM

The nature of your post makes me thinks its stress hormones
I have been following Ray Peat's work since 2015 and experimented with so many different things in the past 6/7 (all with low PUFA of course). In the last couple of weeks it's the first time that I tried a moderate carb approach with low starches and nearly all my high serotonin symptoms are GONE. I didn't know b fore, how evil too many starches are for me...wow...
High carb diets make me gain weight (even with sugars).
I think, that I currently have found my perfect macros: I wanna lose the weight, that I gained in the last 2 - 3 years (about 20KG ?). So I am eating about 2500 calories. It's about 35% carbs, 45% fats and 20% protein. That's about 200 - 250g of carbs and all the bloating, fatigue, low dopamine etc... is gone. My stress hormones are so much lower, because I feel no anxiety anymore, am really relaxed and euphoric! One day I cheated and ate a lot more starches again. 2 - 3 hours later my serotonic symptoms came Back like hell. That was enough proof for me, that too many starches are toxic for my gut and brain.

VitoScaletta

Sorry, I don't drink orange juice normally and I find it very unhealthy and psicollogically derranged to base nutrition on liquids. And probably it is going to exacerbate the orthorexia problem you mentioned in other posts.

I would only use it temporarily to correct some ailment or to experiment. But not for daily nutrition.
What's wrong with OJ?

jet9

I have been following Ray Peat's work since 2015 and experimented with so many different things in the past 6/7 (all with low PUFA of course). In the last couple of weeks it's the first time that I tried a moderate carb approach with low starches and nearly all my high serotonin symptoms are GONE. I didn't know b fore, how evil too many starches are for me...wow...
High carb diets make me gain weight (even with sugars).
I think, that I currently have found my perfect macros: I wanna lose the weight, that I gained in the last 2 - 3 years (about 20KG ?). So I am eating about 2500 calories. It's about 35% carbs, 45% fats and 20% protein. That's about 200 - 250g of carbs and all the bloating, fatigue, low dopamine etc... is gone. My stress hormones are so much lower, because I feel no anxiety anymore, am really relaxed and euphoric! One day I cheated and ate a lot more starches again. 2 - 3 hours later my serotonic symptoms came Back like hell. That was enough proof for me, that too many starches are toxic for my gut and brain.
What are you eating for fats?

TobiNFHM

What are you eating for fats?
3 - 4 egg yolks per day, raw grassfed full fat milk (I love it), butter, dark chocolate, coconut cream and oil, some extra virgine olive oil, animal fat in general, sometimes a few nuts(especially macadamias) and fatty fish once a week. I am not afraid of natural occuring PUFA in high quality animal food. Most important is to stay away from seed oils. After lowering the carbs to moderate amounts and increasing fats, my mood lifted and my body temperature is higher!

JamesGatz

You feel like you're on cypro because your androgens are CRASHING due to your digestion begging for starch

Just added 2 more pounds of starch to my lunch after reading this thread

InChristAlone

I think what people describe as serotonin effects which happen very quickly are actually blood sugar dysregulation, they are very good at promoting insulin release but that's just a sign you have issues with reactive hypoglycemia not necessarily that you should avoid all starch the rest of your life. It can be solved.

outcast1979

I think what people describe as serotonin effects which happen very quickly are actually blood sugar dysregulation, they are very good at promoting insulin release but that's just a sign you have issues with reactive hypoglycemia not necessarily that you should avoid all starch the rest of your life. It can be solved.
how?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals