1. SALE EXTENDED!!! Thanksgiving Sale 10% Off LifeGivingStore.com Till Monday December 9th @ Midnight With Coupon Code: THANKS2019
    Click Here!
    Dismiss Notice

I Feel Like I'm On Cocaine

Discussion in 'Testimonials' started by Runenight201, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Herbie

Herbie Member

I would eat bananas and dried fruit due to less water content in order not to get side effects from too much starch.

I’ve experienced the frequent unrination, very stressful.

2. OP
    Runenight201

Runenight201 Member

Yes I love munching on bananas, not so much a fan of most dried fruits, I had a short stint with them and wasn't really a fan. Now that I know what energy states correspond with which foods, I know better than to make starch a principle carbohydrate source in my diet, and today I drastically increased the amount of apple sauce and pears I ate. I won't completely ditch starch, but find the balance of incorporating it into my diet. Potatoes do have quality protein and other vitamins/minerals after all.

3. Mufasa

Mufasa Member

Thanks for the quote!

Do you know if the dutch translation of over-excitation is “overprikkeling”?

4. Vinero

Vinero Member

Yes that is probably the best translation. A state of over-excitation that estrogen, cortisone, cocaine and other drugs provide might have short term benefits for some people, especially thoe who are hypothyroid and have high inflammation. These drugs can temporarily increase their perceived energy level and make them feel energetic, but at the cost of harming your body. The effects can also backfire and cause anxiety and seizures. Cocaine is classified medically as a cardiotoxin, meaning it is a toxin for the heart.

The substances Ray Peat talks about like progesterone, pregnenolone, thyroid etc promote the GABA inhibitory system, which oppose the excitatory sytems that estrogen promote.

5. bboone

bboone Member

i used to urinate maybe 7-8 times a day. after switching to this type of diet, i'm down to 2-3. i also never have to pee at night anymore

6. GreekDemiGod

GreekDemiGod Member

About the high bowel frequency, why do you guys say it's a good thing? I notice vegans are similar in this respect, always prideful on how they have periodic bowel movements.
    This is kind of a taboo subject for me, but I like going once / day to the bathroom, nothing more. This happend while I was on the Carnivore diet and I was pleased with it. Now, since peating, I'm going like 3 times / day (smaller stools), and let's just say it's not something I enjoy doing.

There is a joke in the Carnivore community on how the vegans contribute to global warming by using a lot of toilet paper, due to their high-volume stools (fiber effect)

7. OP
    Runenight201

Runenight201 Member

I would imagine it’s because it means that food isn’t sitting around constipating the gut, which is very detrimental. I think you could achieve the same effect on a low fiber diet without requiring so many bowel movements, since the food is broken down and used as energy, and there’s very little waste product needed to take up space in the GI and then subsequently expelled.