How Can I Become More Mentally Strong?

cyclops

How can I become more resilient in life? I feel mentally weak and too sensitive. I care too much what other people think.

Frankdee20

Story of my life, I learned there's no cure for that, only alcohol to forget. Sorry I can't help.

Constatine

A lot of sunlight and being outside in general. Spend your entire days outside if you can. Also having proper neurostroid profile, gut health, and mitochondria health is an absolute must. Collagen (or glycine) can improve neurostroid profile, cascara sagrada can improve gut health, and for improved mitochondria health vitamin k2 is a favorite of mine.

Luann

Hi cyclops, I am working on an issue similar to yours, for me it felt like my motivation and self-esteem would come in spurts which was great, except, the spurt would end with a huge down-time in which I felt tired, hopeless, and like a stranger to others. not good. long story short, I am getting better but it takes self-talk and actually taking manganese has helped me. Also when I took B6 pills or have a small potato each day, I really notice my "spurts" slowing down and a steady fuel taking its place, which allows me to talk to people a little more confidently and stay buoyant through the day. Hope you find answers and God bless.

Warrior_

Find your passion and follow it!

Surround yourself with positive and supportive people!

Become physically stronger and/or try martial arts training!

Embrase uncomfortable situations, and grow from them!

Crazycoco

I care too much what other people think.

That's natural. René Girard says That you desire what the others desire, lebon before him says That in a crowd your gonna make the same strange things than others, Hayek wrote that imitation is a decisive part of civilization process. Other always matters.

Regarding the "too much aspect" Spirituality might help good sexuality too.

Oh, and cut down on Facebook

A New, More Rigorous Study Confirms: The More You Use Facebook, the Worse You Feel

Peatful

You can look at The Internal System (Internal Family System Therapy).
So much is old stuff from childhood.

What is great is your awareness and seeking to change.

For me, having a spiritual foundation was the missing piece.

Warrior_

Peatful is right! Could be old stuff from childhood etc.

You got to work that out first, if there is something of course.

You are on the way to change. Now its time to take action!

OP
cyclops

cyclops

I think its just realizing how cruel and hate-filled people can be. I feel like I never realized it. But the internet has really shown me how cruel people can be and it's got me down. Makes me trust people less and gets me depressed. Didn't realize how bad things were.

milk_lover

When my gut is happy (less starch, more fiber in my diet etc.), my mood becomes so good any negative comment about me affects me none! I kid you not.

Peatful

I think its just realizing how cruel people can be. I feel like I never realized it. But the internet has really shown me how cruel people can be and it's got me down. Makes me trust people less and gets me depressed. Didn't realize how bad things were.
Hurt people hurt people.

Xisca

Hurt people hurt people.
Yes, very epidemic... What you say is true EVEN when it is NOT! Hurt people who do not hurt people ...do: they hurt themselves.
You can look at The Internal System (Internal Family System Therapy).
So much is old stuff from childhood.
A friend who did somatic experiencing told me this one was good too!
In the present time we still have memories and unfinished things that are still running on internally, and affects our present life.
When we unstuck this internal blockages, then we can more really be in the present time.
And this is the key to resilience!
I think its just realizing how cruel and hate-filled people can be. I feel like I never realized it. But the internet has really shown me how cruel people can be and it's got me down. Makes me trust people less and gets me depressed. Didn't realize how bad things were.
Well, you do not need to live stuff to be traumatized, and what you say is called secondary trauma.
Imagination is strong, so after it has used you to shock you, just use it to get yourself out of the mess!
Journey of transformation, alchemy....

meatbag

How can I become more resilient in life? I feel mentally weak and too sensitive. I care too much what other people think.

I can relate, I've been very unresilient since a bad brain injury couple years ago. I think the most important thing is too like yourself, just really believe in yourself and that what you do has meaning. Not in the way a Narcissist does, where one thinks they are perfect and can do no wrong. I mean like just knowing that you can take things on and make improvements. Easier said then done though :artist:

I agree with the anti facebook sentiments and would extend it to television, video games, and most of the internet

"Turn your head away from the screen" :)

DaveFoster

@cyclops

Progesterone, vitamin E, thyroid, adequate protein, a clean intestine (as milk_lover said), and sugar cravings will increase with increased energy demands. Pregnenolone can increase resilience to stress, but it doesn't have as direct of an effect.

Herbie

Can you give me an example Cyclops?

Exposure therapy can help.

Find a meetup around exposure therapy like this one:
Exposure Meeting (Outdoors!) - Social Anxiety Support Group of Rochester, NY (Rochester, NY) | Meetup

The point is that this is a BEHAVIORAL adjustment. People who are stuck in this "no grit" thinking need to change their BEHAVIOR.

Sometimes it's so much bla bla bla and not much "do do do".

If you get into situations that are awkward and difficult you can get used to it and see that it doesn't kill you.

Toastmasters is good too.
Toastmasters Meetups - Meetup

You give talks to a group of people. That gets you to prepare, meet deadlines, speak in public, etc.

Another HUGE one is dance lessons. I have found these CRUCIAL if you are single. Not to meet a potential romantic partner, but to learn how to interact with girls/boys and make eye contact and practice and show up and improve at something social and physical.

Kate

People have always been like this, but the internet has given them a way to put express what is in their sad little brains. Most would never say what they say online in person, but the internet is really making it easy for them to practice negative expression and behavior.

I understand how this can make you depressed, but you can't change it so there is no point of thinking about it. Continue being positive and acknowledge the amazing people in the world! Even though there are tons or mental people there are also many people who are kind and genuine. :D

OP
cyclops

cyclops

Progesterone, vitamin E, thyroid, adequate protein, a clean intestine (as milk_lover said), and sugar cravings will increase with increased energy demands. Pregnenolone can increase resilience to stress, but it doesn't have as direct of an effect.

How much progesterone would you recommend for a 31 year old man? Should I take Orally or Topically?

Can you give me an example Cyclops?

Seeing how racist and superficial people can be. Seeing the way that people talk to each other with so much disrespect and disregard for others feelings. Recognizing how many depressed people their are out there. Many people feel hopeless it seems and then take it out on others.

Last edited:
OP
cyclops

cyclops

People have always been like this, but the internet has given them a way to put express what is in their sad little brains. Most would never say what they say online in person, but the internet is really making it easy for them to practice negative expression and behavior.

Exactly. I feel this can have very negative consequences on people's minds and therefore the physical world. Words matter! People spend more and more time being negative and it snowballs and their minds become dark. It is depressing. I worry about the future.

DaveFoster

How much progesterone would you recommend for a 31 year old man? Should I take Orally or Topically?

Seeing how racist and superficial people can be. Seeing the way that people talk to each other with so much disrespect and disregard for their feelings. Recognizing how many depressed people their are out there. Many people feel hopeless it seems and then take it out on others.
It doesn't absorb well orally if it's just the powder, and your dose will vary greatly depending on your current hormonal state.

Also, you're projecting your own problems on others. I do the same thing. You can make it through the whole day without having negative, hateful, and intrusive thoughts, but a healthy physiological state would be a prerequisite.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals