Need advice for bad ptsd & anxiety

P

Peatness

I would caution giving up "vices" too quickly with anxiety issues, it can make things a lot worse.
Which is why it's one step at a time. The effects of alcohol and nicotine on thiamine is not to be underestimated. Furthermore, they give the illusion of relief yet

Last edited by a moderator:
"It is due to a circuit of neurons in the brain. The team discovered that a region of the brain is activated and causes anxiety when one stops smoking. The neurons receive inputs from two brain regions. The first area of the brain is commonly associated with the effects of gratification that follow after taking drugs."

"Many medical professionals suggest ninety days as a general estimate for dopamine recovery. However, the damage from drugs can last longer, requiring a year or longer for dopamine levels and brain cells to recover."

Which is why it's one step at a time. The effects of alcohol and nicotine on thiamine is not to be underestimated. Furthermore, they give the illusion of relief yet

You are so right! It is a hot mess undoing addictions, and the process getting to the other side is much more complicated than people realize.

P

Peatness

You are so right! It is a hot mess undoing addictions, and the process getting to the other side is much more complicated than people realize.
I'm an ex smoker. I used nicotine patches to help me give up but it wasn't easy.

I'm an ex smoker. I used nicotine patches to help me give up but it wasn't easy.

I think most people can get through it easier than others. For people with anxiety, anger issues and/or depression issues it can be disastrous going cold turkey. I have personally witnessed it with two people in my life, both were probably better off keeping the habit than go cold turkey. It also depends upon the length of time of the addiction. With that being said their physical health was not better for keeping the habit though.

P

Peatness

I think most people can get through it easier than others. For people with anxiety, anger issues and/or depression issues it can be disastrous going cold turkey. I have personally witnessed it with two people in my life, both were probably better off keeping the habit than go cold turkey. It also depends upon the length of time of the addiction. With that being said their physical health was not better for keeping the habit though.
Which is why no one is suggesting going cold turkey.

I know many people who have quit smoking too, but they didn't have mental issues. For those people the anxiety quitting caused didn't bubble over to disaster.

InChristAlone

T

Thats a interesting way to think of it. I always though I needed to be more strong minded but come to think of it ive always been kinda stubborn & maybe thats what its giving me this mental agony
The most strong willed stubborn people will find it harder to recover from mental disorders because they fight their own body harder and harder until the fears and anxiety and stress is so strong they are in a pit of hell. Stress lives in the resistance.

The most strong willed stubborn people will find it harder to recover from mental disorders because they fight their own body harder and harder until the fears and anxiety and stress is so strong they are in a pit of hell. Stress lives in the resistance.

That is interesting sugarbabe, because it really rings true with the people I know with mental issues.

OP
D

dq139

I have quit cold turkey a few times and I was in absolute agony for about a week the most recent time. Migrane headaches, nausea, my stuttering & speak got so bad I almost couldnt talk at all & brain fog shot up. I almost hospitalized myself, but I toughed it out & compensated with excessive caffiene intake until I got better. Now I'm back to smoking again 2 years later :/...I researches Tobacco smoking & drug usage such as Cocaine, meth, Percs, Adderal, speed, PCP ECT. Raise Dopamine in people that have low Dopamine, are stressed out & miserable, and it gives them relief for a little while...I come from a low income area where alot of people use pills & hard drugs to get by..my parents raised me to never ever take hard drugs or even smoke cigarettes to be honest. (Unfortunately Ive let them down with Cigarettes) but through Herculian effort & the grace of God I never touched Drugs. Even though now if it would give me relief its mighty damn tempting. I know I must stay strong & try to fix myself in natural ways through diet, meditation ECT...I could never ever judge a drug addict that came from the Ghetto to be honest. The mental pain they probably experienced that drove them to drugs is probably worse than the people that judge them could ever imagine.....on a side note, what helped me stop smoking cold turkey years ago was idealabs Lisuride. I didnt take it consistently afterwards but the decrease of Prolactin took the place of what Nicotine does in my brain I suppose.

OP
D

dq139

I've read that Black seed oil may potentially be good for PTSD.

Other than that, your mental state can be shifted by guided meditations, self affirmations and subliminal messaging. Meditations being the most powerful imo, you may want to look into Hemi-sync Gateway Experience, it's the strongest and most profound I've come across. Was even studied by the CIA.

I have subliminal affirmations on Youtube (AwakenAll Meditation & Subliminals) but stopped producing a while back when life got too busy. There's a few Alpha Male tracks on there.

There's no scientific study for this type of thing that I know of, and I don't know if subliminal audio messages actually do anything. So I expect a few people to chime in and call BS. But basically If you don't believe they'll work, they probably won't work. If you believe they'll work, they will work. Our thoughts and beliefs have much more control over us than most people like to believe, and not to mention placebo is a very powerful thing.

Some people have done seemingly impossible things because of placebo. Is there a limit to placebo? Nobody knows, yet placebo is constantly disregarded for some reason. People are more interested in the drug than in placebo, but what if you could somewhat control that placebo?

That's why I love meditation, you can gain better control over whatever force causes placebo.
I have tried subliminals before and they do give me a good short term mental state afterwards. I am currently trying to do them consistently again. I dont know about the Alpha Male affirmations that I tried in the past though. Considering ive honestly never been a "beta male" type so to speak even though I'm naturally easy going. I was think about trying targeted hypnosis or brain washing. So that maybe I can clear this mental block or fear of extreme pain/violence from my past. Where I was raised I delt with alot of narcissistic psychopaths that might have been on pills or other drugs & decided they wanted to target & fight me to the death it seemed for no reason at all..I think that would put some fear in anybody considering I didnt really expect it & didnt want to end up in jail or crippled....I believe Hypnosis & subliminals work but it takes at least a year or 2 probably correct?..thats seems like an eternity for a PTSD sufferer. Its worth doing, but other things have to supplement it I think.

Donttreadonme

I would caution giving up "vices" too quickly with anxiety issues, it can make things a lot worse.
This is true. This VERY true. I gave up tobacco too quickly about 10 years ago and what a mistake that was dropping tobacco and prescription sleep medication (I have clinical long term insomnia) at the same time thinking that I was going to live a cleaner and healthier life.

Anyway, for anxiety, I have used phenibut for my insomnia and though I have no anxiety issues, I can definitely tell that if I did that phenibut would help. I have read about dependancy and withdrawl issues with phenibut but in 6 years of off and on use I have not experienced anything negative.

I have quit cold turkey a few times and I was in absolute agony for about a week the most recent time. Migrane headaches, nausea, my stuttering & speak got so bad I almost couldnt talk at all & brain fog shot up. I almost hospitalized myself, but I toughed it out & compensated with excessive caffiene intake until I got better. Now I'm back to smoking again 2 years later :/...I researches Tobacco smoking & drug usage such as Cocaine, meth, Percs, Adderal, speed, PCP ECT. Raise Dopamine in people that have low Dopamine, are stressed out & miserable, and it gives them relief for a little while...I come from a low income area where alot of people use pills & hard drugs to get by..my parents raised me to never ever take hard drugs or even smoke cigarettes to be honest. (Unfortunately Ive let them down with Cigarettes) but through Herculian effort & the grace of God I never touched Drugs. Even though now if it would give me relief its mighty damn tempting. I know I must stay strong & try to fix myself in natural ways through diet, meditation ECT...I could never ever judge a drug addict that came from the Ghetto to be honest. The mental pain they probably experienced that drove them to drugs is probably worse than the people that judge them could ever imagine.....on a side note, what helped me stop smoking cold turkey years ago was idealabs Lisuride. I didnt take it consistently afterwards but the decrease of Prolactin took the place of what Nicotine does in my brain I suppose.

This is a good thread for input from you and all of us so that people don't get themselves in more trouble thinking they are gonna get healthy right away quitting their vices. My mom's doctor warned me not to let my mom go off of her doctor prescribed morphine for her back pain cold turkey or she could have a heart. I learned from my cousin recently that is how his father, who is my uncle, died.

A

Adf

I have tried subliminals before and they do give me a good short term mental state afterwards. I am currently trying to do them consistently again. I dont know about the Alpha Male affirmations that I tried in the past though. Considering ive honestly never been a "beta male" type so to speak even though I'm naturally easy going. I was think about trying targeted hypnosis or brain washing. So that maybe I can clear this mental block or fear of extreme pain/violence from my past. Where I was raised I delt with alot of narcissistic psychopaths that might have been on pills or other drugs & decided they wanted to target & fight me to the death it seemed for no reason at all..I think that would put some fear in anybody considering I didnt really expect it & didnt want to end up in jail or crippled....I believe Hypnosis & subliminals work but it takes at least a year or 2 probably correct?..thats seems like an eternity for a PTSD sufferer. Its worth doing, but other things have to supplement it I think.

Oh man I'm sorry you've had to deal with all that. Honestly I don't know how long it would take to retrain your brain. It didn't take long for me at all, a few weeks using the Hemi-Sync gateway experience, but I don't have such a case of PTSD like yourself. I've had my fair share of trauma growing up but not on your level.

There's a few other things that have actually been studied. I haven't tried them because I had success with Hemi-sync, but you may want to look into Emotion Freedom Technique (EFT). Out of the things I list below, EFT is the most 'legit'.

"EFT becomes an efficacious tool in the hands of nurses who are seeking whole person approaches for the healing of a wide variety of psychological and physical conditions. A conceptual framework, mechanisms of action, evidence of safety, literature review, and case studies are also included."

There's also Havening

And Matrix Reimprinting
Matrix Reimprinting

OP
D

dq139

This is true. This VERY true. I gave up tobacco too quickly about 10 years ago and what a mistake that was dropping tobacco and prescription sleep medication (I have clinical long term insomnia) at the same time thinking that I was going to live a cleaner and healthier life.

Anyway, for anxiety, I have used phenibut for my insomnia and though I have no anxiety issues, I can definitely tell that if I did that phenibut would help. I have read about dependancy and withdrawl issues with phenibut but in 6 years of off and on use I have not experienced anything negative.
Where can I get my hands on good quality phenibut?..ive heard good things about it but never bought it. Is it addictive or is it generally safe to use as needed?...I have also known people who take Kratom & asked them where to buy some but I forgot the site they told me to buy it at.

OP
D

dq139

On a side note, can anybody tell me just for future reference what synthetic Androgens are good for Confidence, to rebuild some Mental strength and if need be aggression if I have to use it?... to be honest even though I'm very laid back & a little too empathetic for my own good to where I get targeted by the narcissists of the world..Ive always had a aggressive violent side that comes out when injustic is done to me or ppl I love. Thats why I exceled in combat sports. But there is just something thats blocked in my brain it must be fear or trauma. But whatever I had I have certainly lost it. And I feel scared for my family most of all as they depend on me to protect them. If my ptsd makes me innefective I can't be sure I wont mentally break down & potentially fail to protect them...Ive known some people in the past that went on cycles of Testosterone, DHT & estrogen blockers along with some DHEA and they were skinny picked on kids in theyre youth and they completely changed theyre personality. Some for the worst as they abused Roids & other drugs...also some bad people I had the misfortune of knowing used PCP, Percocets & Cocaine to kill any fear off when they did whatever crazy ***t they had to do in the street...thank god I was able to move to the suburbs where its more peacefull. But I never thought the past can mess a person up like this. It has to be a hormonal problem for me at least.

InChristAlone

Thiamine has been helping me with anxiety, I think its the most underrated nutrient of the body that when it gets too low everything goes wrong and no body can pinpoint exactly what is going wrong.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals