Need advice for bad ptsd & anxiety

dq139

Hey everybody,

This might be a little long winded, but I am currently fighting daily demons of ptsd & anxiety which is slowly killing me. My sleep is bad, I'm constantly in fight or flight which is ruining my stomach and I'm constantly angry. Ive been chain smoking tobacco & weed to get short term relief from traumatic thoughts of the past. At this point I'm looking into steroids, drugs ECT. Ive tried to fix my diet, but the only thing that brings me some reliefs test boosters and they arent too helpful. I'm at the end of my rope so to speak.

What caused this was when I was younger (I'm 30 now) I was picked on & beaten up badly because I have a stuttering problem & I was good natured. I was actually a very skilled boxer/martial artist from youth but maybe due to low testosterone or a mental blockage I could never effectively use my fighting skills against bullies who targeted me and I was blind sided twice & sent to the hospital from a bully who was enraged that I defended myself. This enraged me also but I couldnt mentally free myself to do up most damage to these ppl for fear of jail or retaliation to my family ect..because of this I hate myself deep down & I never feel safe even years later. Ive always been a target because of the way I am. Even when I was strong, lifing weights & practicing boxing/Jujitsu almost daily..raising my testosterone helped me alot, but there was always a mental block with defending myself & ive had my share of street fights & pain mentally/physically in my youth...now at 30 for some reason its raised its ugly head again & the paranoia, injustice of my past is killing me because I fear I'm still powerless...

I'm hear to ask you guys what diet changes or Androgenic steroids I can try to fix my mind and body so that maybe I can defend my family & myself and have less fear & more confidence. I'm not particularly afraid of death, not with the mental suffering ive experienced. Theres just a part of my mind that wont be fixed no matter what I do even though I'm physically capable. Hopefully certain hormones can help me maybe.

If you read this far I appreciate it, for anyone that knows what PTSD is like its hell on earth that nobody should experience.

Anyway if you have any advice for me thanks for the help as always.

Hey everybody,

This might be a little long winded, but I am currently fighting daily demons of ptsd & anxiety which is slowly killing me. My sleep is bad, I'm constantly in fight or flight which is ruining my stomach and I'm constantly angry. Ive been chain smoking tobacco & weed to get short term relief from traumatic thoughts of the past. At this point I'm looking into steroids, drugs ECT. Ive tried to fix my diet, but the only thing that brings me some reliefs test boosters and they arent too helpful. I'm at the end of my rope so to speak.

What caused this was when I was younger (I'm 30 now) I was picked on & beaten up badly because I have a stuttering problem & I was good natured. I was actually a very skilled boxer/martial artist from youth but maybe due to low testosterone or a mental blockage I could never effectively use my fighting skills against bullies who targeted me and I was blind sided twice & sent to the hospital from a bully who was enraged that I defended myself. This enraged me also but I couldnt mentally free myself to do up most damage to these ppl for fear of jail or retaliation to my family ect..because of this I hate myself deep down & I never feel safe even years later. Ive always been a target because of the way I am. Even when I was strong, lifing weights & practicing boxing/Jujitsu almost daily..raising my testosterone helped me alot, but there was always a mental block with defending myself & ive had my share of street fights & pain mentally/physically in my youth...now at 30 for some reason its raised its ugly head again & the paranoia, injustice of my past is killing me because I fear I'm still powerless...

I'm hear to ask you guys what diet changes or Androgenic steroids I can try to fix my mind and body so that maybe I can defend my family & myself and have less fear & more confidence. I'm not particularly afraid of death, not with the mental suffering ive experienced. Theres just a part of my mind that wont be fixed no matter what I do even though I'm physically capable. Hopefully certain hormones can help me maybe.

If you read this far I appreciate it, for anyone that knows what PTSD is like its hell on earth that nobody should experience.

I am so sorry that people have been so cruel to you. Children can be so terrible to other children. I just can't understand that. I am glad you are being trusting enough to bare your soul to us all. I would say that it is a great first step to healing. Keep talking things out. I have discovered these homeopathic $6 a bottle Rus Tox pills to be amazing for anxiety and sleep problems from anxiety. 3 little pills every 8 hours does the trick!

"It can help clear some deep/past grief, fear or anger that is holding back healing. Typically patients don’t get a constitutional remedy from me until their 3rdvisit, as the first two visits we focus on detoxification and rebalancing the organs and hormones."

Here is a link to some other homeopathic remedies.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220209-000749_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20220209-000749_Samsung Internet.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 27
OP
D

dq139

I am so sorry that people have been so cruel to you. Children can be so terrible to other children. I just can't understand that. I am glad you are being trusting enough to bare your soul to us all. I would say that it is a great first step to healing. Keep talking things out. I have discovered these homeopathic $6 a bottle Rus Tox pills to be amazing for anxiety and sleep problems from anxiety. 3 little pills every 8 hours does the trick!

"It can help clear some deep/past grief, fear or anger that is holding back healing. Typically patients don’t get a constitutional remedy from me until their 3rdvisit, as the first two visits we focus on detoxification and rebalancing the organs and hormones."

Here is a link to some other homeopathic remedies.

Thank you so much for the info, It really means a lot. Its good seeing that there are good people out there that care...I will definitely look into these, I always went with more natural and Homeopathic supplements in the past because I believed they are ofcourse healthier for the body. Only now that I'm desperate to ease my mental pain that I'm looking into meds & steroids. Hopefully Homeopathic supplements will help me so I dont have to resort to unnatural things.

Peatful

Hey everybody,

Hi.

I don’t know PTSD - I am unversed regarding that dx- but I do know a low metabolic state certainly won’t allow healing; and further you down a rabbit hole of despair.

High stress = low thyroid.
Undereating = high adrenal activity (for blood sugar purposes) and low thyroid activity.

With this, I thoroughly believe and wholeheartedly recommend to let food be your medicine.

Pharmaceuticals and supplements can be helpful to an extent - but you need a strong foundation.
And most times when that foundation becomes strong- you find you don’t need the rx or supplements at all.

Being in constant fight or flight is a vicious monster of an existence.
See how the medicine of tobacco helps bring that cortisol and adrenaline down- but it fixes nothing?

Eat for heat. Eat robustly. Feed your thyroid. Nurture yourself.

You will see on the other side- how this terrible wrong that was done unto you- has made you better and stronger that 98% of us.
Be a warrior and be well.
You’ve got this.

P

Peatness

Sorry that you are having such a difficult time. I believe that you know that diet is the key to your recovery – but making changes can be scary when stress is high. I am attaching some documents that you might find helpful. One thing I know about is nicotine – it uses up vitamin c and b vitamins in the detox process. Smoking makes anxiety worse. It is probably acting as a surrogate for thyroid. If you are able to work with a practitioner to check your thyroid that would be ideal – if not then following a diet that will boost your thyroid and keeping your blood sugar stable should help. @mostlylurking has some great posts on thiamine, tobacco use (nicotine) impairs cellular use of thiamine.

Attachments

• Magnesium-and-zinc-involvement-in-tobacco-addiction.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 30
  • L-theanine_inhibits_nicotine-induced_dependence_vi.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 27
  • Niacinamide Anxiety - Prousky.pdf
    107.1 KB · Views: 38
  • Ray peat quotes on Niacinamide.docx
    18.3 KB · Views: 29
OP
D

dq139

Hi.

I don’t know PTSD - I am unversed regarding that dx- but I do know a low metabolic state certainly won’t allow healing; and further you down a rabbit hole of despair.

Undereating = high adrenal activity (for blood sugar purposes) and low thyroid activity.

With this, I thoroughly believe and wholeheartedly recommend to let food be your medicine.

Pharmaceuticals and supplements can be helpful to an extent - but you need a strong foundation.
And most times when that foundation becomes strong- you find you don’t need the rx or supplements at all.

See how the medicine of tobacco helps bring that cortisol and adrenaline down- but it fixes nothing?

You will see on the other side- how this terrible wrong that was done unto you- has made you better and stronger that 98% of us.
You’ve got this.
I appreciate the info. I have been experimenting with different diets and practiced Ray peats principles for awhile know. It does help somewhat I will admit. Its just hard for me with work & suffering with PTSD I dont have much of an appetite anymore as my stomach most of the time is upset & I get acid reflux from constantly being angry & having random adrenaline fight or flight spikes...I will definitely try to eat more though and workout to get strong again. Depression & a injury has kept me out of the gym for over a year which lowered my confidence I guess.

OP
D

dq139

Sorry that you are having such a difficult time. I believe that you know that diet is the key to your recovery – but making changes can be scary when stress is high. I am attaching some documents that you might find helpful. One thing I know about is nicotine – it uses up vitamin c and b vitamins in the detox process. Smoking makes anxiety worse. It is probably acting as a surrogate for thyroid. If you are able to work with a practitioner to check your thyroid that would be ideal – if not then following a diet that will boost your thyroid and keeping your blood sugar stable should help. @mostlylurking has some great posts on thiamine, tobacco use (nicotine) impairs cellular use of thiamine.
Thanks for checking in! I know chain smoking is terrible, but its the only thing that seems to give me enough dopamine to get out of a bad mental state for a short while..I do take Zinc everyday usually, and I have taken Niacinamide from idealabs and to be honest I didnt feel any different. I tried DHT transdermal liquid for a month at low doses because I was scared of taking steroids at that time. Now I'm whiling to try Steroids if it helps me...doesnt Green tea have L-theanine? I drink Green tea daily to possibly lessen my chances of cancer due to the fact ive been Smoking & drinking so much lately..I remember I took Taurine at high doeses at one time all it did was give me a slight energy boost which is good.

Peatful

I appreciate the info. I have been experimenting with different diets and practiced Ray peats principles for awhile know. It does help somewhat I will admit. Its just hard for me with work & suffering with PTSD I dont have much of an appetite anymore as my stomach most of the time is upset & I get acid reflux from constantly being angry & having random adrenaline fight or flight spikes...I will definitely try to eat more though and workout to get strong again. Depression & a injury has kept me out of the gym for over a year which lowered my confidence I guess.
Im glad you wrote back.

Following a Peat inspired diet- whatever each person decides that to be- is not fully what im recommending.
Im encouraging you to eat literally whatever you want that tastes good, that calms your nervous system down- and that you can digest.

Im saying rebuild through diet- zero through working out at this stage.

You’re undereating. Not sleeping. In a flight or fight response- and we have to calm that chaos down.

Nourishing, easy to digest foods can do that if done gradually and consistently.

Many more folks will probably respond.
But mostly, I want to give you hope- and simplify it for you.

Your body wants to heal. You need to give it what it needs.
Stage 1: stopping the stress response.

Best to you.

P

Peatness

Thanks for checking in! I know chain smoking is terrible, but its the only thing that seems to give me enough dopamine to get out of a bad mental state for a short while..I do take Zinc everyday usually, and I have taken Niacinamide from idealabs and to be honest I didnt feel any different. I tried DHT transdermal liquid for a month at low doses because I was scared of taking steroids at that time. Now I'm whiling to try Steroids if it helps me...doesnt Green tea have L-theanine? I drink Green tea daily to possibly lessen my chances of cancer due to the fact ive been Smoking & drinking so much lately..I remember I took Taurine at high doeses at one time all it did was give me a slight energy boost which is good.
It took me a long time to get off nicotine but once I learnt about thiamine I had no choice but to act - fast. The loss of appetite might be connected to thiamine. Please look into it especially if you are drinking alcohol as well.

Thank you so much for the info, It really means a lot. Its good seeing that there are good people out there that care...I will definitely look into these, I always went with more natural and Homeopathic supplements in the past because I believed they are ofcourse healthier for the body. Only now that I'm desperate to ease my mental pain that I'm looking into meds & steroids. Hopefully Homeopathic supplements will help me so I dont have to resort to unnatural things.
My husband used that Rhus Tox and we were amazed at how well it calmed him his extreme anxiety. If you get to using it let us know how it works for you :)

InChristAlone

Hi.

You’ve got this.
?❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Thankful you are on this forum.

InChristAlone

I've been in the throes of adrenaline as well. For me it was burnout PTSD, insane panic attacks, insomnia, no appetite whatsoever. I recovered by simply forcing myself to eat. Even if you have to sit there shaking and crying you eat. I also followed the D.A.R.E. approach. Which is Defuse the anxious thoughts and feelings by saying "so what!" and then Accept and Allow it to be there with you throughout the day don't fight it, anxiety lives in the resistance. Once you stop resisting it falls away. It's the strong willed people that get in the loop of fear of fear. Run towards the anxiety not away from it. And then Engage in your life regardless of how you feel. This rewires the brain and it can take a while so settle in to these steps everyday no matter how long it takes.

When my feelings are overwhelming I listen to these songs:

InChristAlone

If you need help with the DARE steps you can find them here:

P

Peatness

Are you alcohol dependent?

OP
D

dq139

T
I've been in the throes of adrenaline as well. For me it was burnout PTSD, insane panic attacks, insomnia, no appetite whatsoever. I recovered by simply forcing myself to eat. Even if you have to sit there shaking and crying you eat. I also followed the D.A.R.E. approach. Which is Defuse the anxious thoughts and feelings by saying "so what!" and then Accept and Allow it to be there with you throughout the day don't fight it, anxiety lives in the resistance. Once you stop resisting it falls away. It's the strong willed people that get in the loop of fear of fear. Run towards the anxiety not away from it. And then Engage in your life regardless of how you feel. This rewires the brain and it can take a while so settle in to these steps everyday no matter how long it takes.

When my feelings are overwhelming I listen to these songs:

Thats a interesting way to think of it. I always though I needed to be more strong minded but come to think of it ive always been kinda stubborn & maybe thats what its giving me this mental agony

OP
D

dq139

Are you alcohol dependent?
no not really. I'm more dependant on cigarettes at this point. Its Been something I stopped multiple times but went back to whenever I felt too stressed out..too much alchohol raises my serotonin too much & I fell terrible afterwards.

A

Adf

Hey everybody,

I've read that Black seed oil may potentially be good for PTSD.

Other than that, your mental state can be shifted by guided meditations, self affirmations and subliminal messaging. Meditations being the most powerful imo, you may want to look into Hemi-sync Gateway Experience, it's the strongest and most profound I've come across. Was even studied by the CIA.

I have subliminal affirmations on Youtube (AwakenAll Meditation & Subliminals) but stopped producing a while back when life got too busy. There's a few Alpha Male tracks on there.

There's no scientific study for this type of thing that I know of, and I don't know if subliminal audio messages actually do anything. So I expect a few people to chime in and call BS. But basically If you don't believe they'll work, they probably won't work. If you believe they'll work, they will work. Our thoughts and beliefs have much more control over us than most people like to believe, and not to mention placebo is a very powerful thing.

Some people have done seemingly impossible things because of placebo. Is there a limit to placebo? Nobody knows, yet placebo is constantly disregarded for some reason. People are more interested in the drug than in placebo, but what if you could somewhat control that placebo?

That's why I love meditation, you can gain better control over whatever force causes placebo.

P

Peatness

no not really. I'm more dependant on cigarettes at this point. Its Been something I stopped multiple times but went back to whenever I felt too stressed out..too much alchohol raises my serotonin too much & I fell terrible afterwards.
That's great that you are not alcohol dependent. Smoking does reduce the appetite but you don't have to force yourself to give that up for now. Start eating again and soon you will find yourself not wanting to smoking as much. When you smoke instead of eating it releases FFA into the blood and messes with your blood sugar.

One step at time - it can be done.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jonk

Eating enough calories helps. Buying a cheap kitchen scale and putting it the foods into cronometer to see how much you are actually eating. Working yourself up to 100g protein, double the carbs. Not really sure about fats. High amounts of Vit D and Calcium (I use eggshells). Tips when eating a lot of protein like beef - try to get calcium with (to counter phosphate) and I think Ray suggests coffee to counteract the high content of iron in meat. Maybe doesn't seem like enough of a solution for you but I also have anxiety problems and if my diet isn't up to par other things like ideallabs diamant or allopregnanolone or lisuride only works for max a couple of days. I used to be almost unable to go to the grocery store without having a panic attack, thinking of it while writing this, and that is no where near a problem at the moment.

That's great that you are not alcohol dependent. Smoking does reduce the appetite but you don't have to force yourself to give that up for now. Start eating again and soon you will find yourself not wanting to smoking as much. When you smoke instead of eating it releases FFA into the blood and messes with your blood sugar.

One step at time - it can be done.

I would caution giving up "vices" too quickly with anxiety issues, it can make things a lot worse.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals