Blossom

Forum Supporter
A key turning point in my condition was when a busy psych Dr in the hospital spent some time from her lunch with me and pointed out to me I had 'classic anxiety' when I was convinced I had something worse/life threatening.
Yes, there are some very caring helpful clinicians. It’s hardly the individual practitioners fault that the system is set up in such a way that there is not adequate time to spend with their patients. I’m glad you found someone willing to take time from their lunch break to help you get better!

Beefcake

I was recently prescribed propranolol for a recent bout of crippling anxiety and panic attacks.

The idea that something I ingested was slowing my heart rate triggered another, nightmarish, panic attack. This was alongside a small dose of diazepam.

I don't want to touch the stuff again. But I haven't had a panic attack in a few weeks, my anxiety is still there albeit manageable with no meds, just good sleep has been tremendous and daily exercise.

A key turning point in my condition was when a busy psych Dr in the hospital spent some time from her lunch with me and pointed out to me I had 'classic anxiety' when I was convinced I had something worse/life threatening. I believe that my distrust in doctors and paranoia over health has not stemmed but has been encouraged from this site.

Yes propanolol in my opinion dont have much anxiolytic effect and the effect can make you feel weird thus might scare you. GABA agonist just kills anxiety

aguilaroja

That's what the study authors said as well, yet these are their findings and they stand by them.
"..“The effects are pretty amazing,Dr. Soeter said.Everything is treatable. It’s almost too good to be true, but these are our findings.”"

AFAICT the interview quotes from Soeter are contained in the non-formal report below. Beg pardon, I did not see the link in @haidut's original post:
Single-dose propranolol tied to ‘selective erasure’ of anxiety disorders

MCurtone

@haidut I believe this can explain why some users have cured themselves of PFS using GHB.

GHB not only induces a state of complete relaxation, but in high enough doses, also puts the user to sleep. Not just any sleep, but all stages of sleep including the deepest stages, which most people, especially PFS sufferers are missing.

I have PFS myself and I noticed my stress response improved dramatically after only a couple nights use of high dose GHB to sleep deep for 3-4 hours at a time.

What are your thoughts? I've linked studies below regarding GHB and neurosteroids as well. GHB has a whole host of beneficial purposes, if one is able to get their hands on it. Chronic use with more than 2 doses per day will quickly lead to addiction, but 1 or 2 regular nightly-doses do not seem to cause addiction or withdrawal.

GHB Use Increase Neurosteroids & Their Precursors
The effects of gamma-hydroxybutyrate on sleep. - PubMed - NCBI
https://warddeanmd.com/ghb-powerful-growth-hormone-secretagog/
Discover The Regenerative Effects of GHB, the Elixir of Life

"Some people have reported 1/2gm, used occasionally, is effective as an anti-anxiety aid, or to restore emotional equilibrium after an intense shock or emotional 'blow up."

Last edited:

Elize

It did not work out for me. Made me feel worse and got. Severe tremors and restless legs

ebs

I've used this years ago for a while during study when I had extreme social phobia. It did have a calming effect but mainly physically. I also think it made me sweat more easily even though that was mainly caused by social anxiety. Needless to say I didn't like it. But perhaps now that I've improved my health and no longer have that same kind of extreme anxiety it may work better now.

I'm als wondering how effective aldosterone would be for this matter as it's supposedly anti-adrenalin. I'm suprised no one has mentioned it alreafy. I've a bottle coming soon.

Elize

[QUOTE="ebs, post: 427144, member

I've a bottle coming soon.

Which product are you using?

Thanks

Elize

Elize

Doesn’t propanol make hairloss worse too?
Yes a friend of mine lost his hair and developed angina as he too was given it for hyper thyroid that caused anxiety. He has had heart surgery as well. I think it is bad to use.

RobertJM

I've done propranolol many times and it works a treat for fear based responses to public speaking.

TheGoogler

I wonder if using proponolol in conjunction with psilocybin would be beneficial for those having difficulty identifying the cause(s) of their anxieties.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut I believe this can explain why some users have cured themselves of PFS using GHB.

GHB not only induces a state of complete relaxation, but in high enough doses, also puts the user to sleep. Not just any sleep, but all stages of sleep including the deepest stages, which most people, especially PFS sufferers are missing.

I have PFS myself and I noticed my stress response improved dramatically after only a couple nights use of high dose GHB to sleep deep for 3-4 hours at a time.

What are your thoughts? I've linked studies below regarding GHB and neurosteroids as well. GHB has a whole host of beneficial purposes, if one is able to get their hands on it. Chronic use with more than 2 doses per day will quickly lead to addiction, but 1 or 2 regular nightly-doses do not seem to cause addiction or withdrawal.

GHB Use Increase Neurosteroids & Their Precursors
The effects of gamma-hydroxybutyrate on sleep. - PubMed - NCBI
https://warddeanmd.com/ghb-powerful-growth-hormone-secretagog/
Discover The Regenerative Effects of GHB, the Elixir of Life

"Some people have reported 1/2gm, used occasionally, is effective as an anti-anxiety aid, or to restore emotional equilibrium after an intense shock or emotional 'blow up."

I can see it helping some people. GHB is a great chemical, but unfortunately is highly illegal and actually gets prosecuted actively unlike say amphetamines or cocaine because GHB has a reputation of being used as a date-rape drug. Personally, I think serotonin antagonist can also help PTSD and in fact cyproheptadine has some good evidence for stopping nightmares in PTSD patients. Given the importance of sleep the study above mentions, I think this is a good indication that cypro is working in the right direction. Also, I think proppranolol has some anti-serotonin effects as well that are not widely known but are likely also part of the benefit it provides for PTSD.
Propranolol - Wikipedia
"...In addition to blockade of adrenergic receptors, propranolol has very weak inhibitory effects on the norepinephrine transporter and/or weakly stimulates norepinephrine release (i.e., the concentration of norepinephrine is increased in the synapse).[59][55] Since propranolol blocks β-adrenoceptors, the increase in synaptic norepinephrine only results in α-adrenoceptor activation, with the α1-adrenoceptor being particularly important for effects observed in animal models.[59][55] Therefore, it can be looked upon as a weak indirect α1-adrenoceptor agonist in addition to potent β-adrenoceptor antagonist.[59][55] In addition to its effects on the adrenergic system, there is evidence that indicates that propranolol may act as a weak antagonist of certain serotonin receptors, namely the 5-HT1A, 5-HT1B, and 5-HT2B receptors.[60][61][46] The latter may be involved in the effectiveness of propranolol in the treatment of migraine at high doses.[46]"
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0924933897847955
The effect of propranolol on the serotonin concentration in the portal plasma after vagal nerve stimulation in the cat. - PubMed - NCBI
Interaction of propranolol with central serotonergic neurons. - PubMed - NCBI

Risingfire

@Makrosky @James b @ecstatichamster @KellyP
If adrenaline is indeed the culprit, then the drug clonidine should also work. Ray calls it "the antistress drug" in one of his articles and even though it lowers adrenaline levels instead of blocking the beta receptors, the effects should be the same.
If one suspected adrenaline to be the culprit and purchased clonidine. What would be a safe dose?

miki14

I got propranolol today. Great first effect. I took thyroid for a long time and it helped raising my temps to 37,0C (from 36,0C at wakening)but whenever I experienced high stress my temps dropped, cold sweat & strong aggressions plus brain fog or migraines. I haven't taken any thyroid in the last 24h and with 10mg of prop my temps are at 36,9C. Hands & feets are warm, a light tingling in the skin. I hope this continues when I get into more stressful situations. I think if someone is conditioned to overreact to stress he can profit from lowering adrenaline with beta-blockers. Chronicly high adrenaline can restrict bloodflow to the extremities and lower metabolism so that you can have hypo symptoms even with your thyroid blood values in range.

Elize

Propanalol binds thyroid hormone, lowers your heart rate and with time could make you more hypo

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals