Anxiety And Depression, Need Advice

OP
M

Maxen93

mostly just anxiety, drug was weed but that was many years ago

Giraffe

even carrot salad seems to give me anxiety maybe triggers hypoglycemia.

I have a doctors apointment at 4/20 so if you have any suggestions for any medicine or tests I can ask for I would appreciete it.
Ask your doctor for Mirtazapine to help with depression, anxiety and sleep.

I assume that it helps with food tolerance, too. (This effect is often reported by people who take Cyproheptadine; Mirtazapine is a similar drug and much easier to get a prescription for.)

Greg says

Digestive symptoms alone will cause anxiety/depressive symptoms. As will hypoglycaemia. And gluten sensitivity; Leaky gut and high endotoxin. A lot of general anxiety can be simply a case of bad digestion. If I eat a lot of bread (or drink alcohol) I get butterflies and start to feel anxious. I then will start analysing the anxious thoughts and just go round in circles...when it is really just a physical thing, not a mental thing.

Careful with supplements; even supplements specifically used to target anxiety. Pregnenolone caused me anxiety. Their effect is all about the context of current state of health.

I uncovered an underlying anxiety disorder after a drug incident in my teens and spent many years feeling I'd caused 'brain damage induced madness'. This just made the anxiety worse and it became a vicious cycle. It sounds like your life/environment is not the cause. I think becoming more 'nutritionally mature' is a key for people with a more fragile mental state. It really is true that you are what you eat. State management is important which gives you a sense of empowerment. Some people just cannot afford to eat whatever, whenever (like most busy people do).

I would avoid valium like the plague. Valium was part of the cocktail which triggered my crash. It's hellish to come off (as is phenibut). Before you think about medication make sure you cover all the basics, like adequate B vits, protein, vits/minerals etc. exercise, breathing.

What drug did you use? how did you feel before? are your parents anxious? how does the depression/ anxiety manifest? Do you feel it's a body thing? or your thoughts? where do you feel anxious?

Anxiety/depression is all too common and people are self-medicating left, right and centre. It will get better.

dookie

Minocycline 50 mg/as-needed, and occasionally Coffee (even decaf) are two things which work for me, to remove anxiety and depression. They don't always work, but often do. Cyproheptadine I haven't found so useful, in the short run it lowers anxiety, but then it comes back strong within a day or two

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin

Giraffe

What dose of mirtazapine would you recommend?
Go by symptoms. Neither my doctor nor the pharmacist recommended a specific dose: The doctor thought I might want to try 10-15 mg. (I'm a small female). The pharmacist adviced me to start on a low dose and increase it after 7-10 days, this is to avoid that you get sedated too much. She also adviced to tapper down if I wanted to discontinue it later.

I ended up taking a quarter of a 30 mg tablet (7.5 mg) per day. More than that made my RLS worse. I used it to treat insomnia. I noted that my mood and motivation improved after about four weeks. My sleep also has improved a lot.

If you are into it, and not taking MAO inhibitors, I would try methylene blue. It makes me feel wonderful at 2mg or 3mg per day dose. For depression I'd try much higher dosages (gradually increasing). Be careful to avoid wine, aged cheese etc. And scale way back on coffee.

tara

I am a 22 year old male with a anxiety and depressions since about 18. anxiety triggered from bad drug trip. I have a doctors apointment at 4/20 so if you have any suggestions for any medicine or tests I can ask for I would appreciete it.

Have you assessed you general metabolism? There are various ways to get an indication, some you can measure yourself, such as by measuring body temps and resting heart-rate, how much you eat (although since at your age you are still growing, you shouldn't be 'maintaining' weight, but increasing it), how much water you evaporate (don't know anyone who actually measures this). And there are lab tests for various thyroid hormones.

There might be other contributors to how you are feeling, but if general energy supply is low, that can leave the brain with too little energy to function optimally. Bear in mind that it likes to use about 20% of your energy.

Brasica

Had the exact same thing from 19-22.

What helped me in order of impotance:

1. Going to bed early consistently (11 no later than midnight)

2. Enough (carb) calories

3. Exercise daily

4. 100% sobriety (even too much caffeine would trigger anxiety)

Now my mental health has stabilised I can do most things within reason and not suffer mentally.

whit

I don't know where you live but most places have a park.
Take some time and plant a garden or just one seed.
Time in the sun and fresh air can be the best therapy.

Digestion is likely the issue but we all have to start somewhere.
Moving outside bearfoot can be very therapeutic if you can manage.

OP
M

Maxen93

Thought id make an update how my life is going. :) I went to the doctor and got a prescription for mirtazapine and been taking it since, it's been really great and my anxiety is almost completely gone and enjoying life. appreciete all the tips I got from this thread.:angelic:

whit

Thought id make an update how my life is going. :) I went to the doctor and got a prescription for mirtazapine and been taking it since, it's been really great and my anxiety is almost completely gone and enjoying life. appreciete all the tips I got from this thread.:angelic:

Thanks for the update. Glad you're doing better now. ;)

kaybb

I also thank you for the update. Please keep us posted. Great news on your improvement

DaveFoster

Maxen, I'm also taking mirtazapine. What dosage do you take? I'm going very slow; I just upped it to 2.5 mg, but I felt really good at 1.5 mg, but this could just have been transient.

OP
M

Maxen93

Hey Dave , i starten at 7.5 for like a week then went to 15mg and been taking IT since.

GreekDemiGod

The Danny Roddy Weblog

In fact, serotonin is responsible for one of the most serious stress states, learned helplessness.

Learned helplessness can be induced by increasing levels of serotonin in animals.[18] Likewise, exposing animals to inescapable stress increases serotonin.[19] Active thyroid hormone, triiodothyronine or T3, reverses the phenomenon.[20] Moreover, low levels of serotonin are associated with playfulness,[21] while high levels are associated with aggression and anxiety.[22,23]

In summary, we propose that depressed states are high serotonin phenomena

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals