Supplements that help with anxiety?

K2000

Hi, bit of a strange one, but I normally wouldn't have thought of myself as suffering from anxiety, but I guess my understanding of anxiety is very basic and looking back on my life (I'm a fit and active 39-year-old male), I can see that perhaps it has been part of my life. If the table in Examine.com is anything to go by, I tick the following boxes:

-Difficulty concentrating
-Fear of social occasions or situations and in particular public speaking or big gatherings.

But, the main reason I'm keen to investigate it is that despite having rock climbed for years, I still always get quite nervous when climbing and struggle to 'get into the zone' and a climbing psychologist has mentioned that it could be anxiety manifesting itself. I've climbed at a reasonable level in the past, but find that these days, no matter how much time and effort I put in, I still get quite jittery on even modest climbs (that given my enthusiasm for it and time served, I should be cruising up), compared to many of my friends, who seem so relaxed whilst climbing, to the point that they can have a chat etc.

Does anyone have any recommendations for supplements or drugs that might help alleviate anxiety, please?

This Happy Camper cured my panic attacks, as well as many other's I have recommended it to. As a business owner, my husband would stress to the point of getting heart pains, and just a half dose (one capsule) calms his adrenals. It is nice because it calms without making you tired or slow. I have never had the need to take the full dosage as one capsule works for days!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210725-122323_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210725-122323_Samsung Internet.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 248
  • Screenshot_20210725-122349_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20210725-122349_Samsung Internet.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 246

GodsHound

During the 70s the USSR researched into various Siberian herbs. The 'ADAPT' formula, found as the most effective combination of herbs to improve concentration and performance, was implemented into the soviet space program.

The ADAPT formula consists of Eleuthero, Rhodiola and Schisandra.

The combination of these three herbs have been the most immediately effective supplement I have taken. They provide a state of calm lucidity. A crystal clear mind.

I have only ever used GAIA herb brand for Eleuthero and Rhodiola, and Wild Harvest for Schisandra.

For a very relaxed mood, I go for a Rhodiola and L-Theanine combo. (I have found 'Suntheanine' form best)

This Happy Camper cured my panic attacks, as well as many other's I have recommended it to. As a business owner, my husband would stress to the point of getting heart pains, and just a half dose (one capsule) calms his adrenals. It is nice because it calms without making you tired or slow. I have never had the need to take the full dosage as one capsule works for days!
Interesting, Rinse! Does this help with insomnia?

chickenmc

A simple Magnesium Chloride (Magnesium Oil) spray did a lot for my anxiety personally.

Interesting, Rinse! Does this help with insomnia?
I haven't tried if for sleep. RP says sugar and salt are natural anti-histamines, and sugar being very calming. He also says when the liver runs out of sugar at night it will wake you up looking for it. So he recommends proteins to be eaten earlier in the day, 6 hours before bed, because your will liver will keep you awake being busy digesting them. Fats and sugar at night are good for sleep. It has been good advice for me. I had sleep issues my whole life until the last few "Peating" years.

JamesGatz

For me, best thing I ever tried was Niacinamide (B3) I think it was from PureBulk. It is crazy how calm/focused from a very small dose I get - chases any serotonin demon right out of me. I would recommend eating it with really large meals because the metabolic boost I get from it is really high as well.

i think it's important to also track where it's coming from. Apples and starchy fruit mess me up pretty good - cooked or not and I stopped using B3 and any other supplement once I got rid of any serotonin demons in my way of eating

gaze

for me:

vitamin D, magnesium, vitamin b1.

reducing lactic acid is a big one. sometimes a food allergy can do it can cause it as well.

DrJ

Lysine

Charger

Cat's Claw, Forskolin, Phosphatidylserine, Androsterone.

Low estrogen, low cortisol, high dopamine should keep you feeling calm and confident.

Makrosky

Hi, bit of a strange one, but I normally wouldn't have thought of myself as suffering from anxiety, but I guess my understanding of anxiety is very basic and looking back on my life (I'm a fit and active 39-year-old male), I can see that perhaps it has been part of my life. If the table in Examine.com is anything to go by, I tick the following boxes:

-Difficulty concentrating
-Fear of social occasions or situations and in particular public speaking or big gatherings.

But, the main reason I'm keen to investigate it is that despite having rock climbed for years, I still always get quite nervous when climbing and struggle to 'get into the zone' and a climbing psychologist has mentioned that it could be anxiety manifesting itself. I've climbed at a reasonable level in the past, but find that these days, no matter how much time and effort I put in, I still get quite jittery on even modest climbs (that given my enthusiasm for it and time served, I should be cruising up), compared to many of my friends, who seem so relaxed whilst climbing, to the point that they can have a chat etc.

Does anyone have any recommendations for supplements or drugs that might help alleviate anxiety, please?
Have you tried quitting coffee? It is anxiogenic for a lot of people, including "peatarians".

Makrosky

During the 70s the USSR researched into various Siberian herbs. The 'ADAPT' formula, found as the most effective combination of herbs to improve concentration and performance, was implemented into the soviet space program.

The ADAPT formula consists of Eleuthero, Rhodiola and Schisandra.

The combination of these three herbs have been the most immediately effective supplement I have taken. They provide a state of calm lucidity. A crystal clear mind.

I have only ever used GAIA herb brand for Eleuthero and Rhodiola, and Wild Harvest for Schisandra.

For a very relaxed mood, I go for a Rhodiola and L-Theanine combo. (I have found 'Suntheanine' form best)
Interesting... I always found rhodiola the opposite : anxiogenic and I would even say mildly serotonergic.

GodsHound

Interesting... I always found rhodiola the opposite : anxiogenic and I would even say mildly serotonergic.
These Siberian herbs are kinda weird. For me, rhodiola chills me out and eleuthero hightens senses and provides focus, but I know others that report the other way round. Tbh I don't have a clue how they work on the body, often people discuss their ability to effect different imbalances within each person and refer to them as adaptogens. Also I would imagine allergens is always a concern.

OP
K

K2000

Have you tried quitting coffee? It is anxiogenic for a lot of people, including "peatarians".
Nope, but I guess even trying caffeine-free coffee for a while might make a difference.

youngsinatra

What are your other symptoms besides anxiety? Can you elaborate a little more on the specifics of the nature of your anxiety?

Makrosky

Nope, but I guess even trying caffeine-free coffee for a while might make a difference.
There are good posts about it in the forum. Briefly :
- Some times it is the coffee itself, not about if it is normal or decaf. So some people find caffeine pills equally good but without the anxiogenic part.
- Some times coffee after breakfast is anxiogenic because the body didn´t have time to replenish glycogen stores. Trying it after lunch (when you already had a good breakfast) changes it.

Only this could be the cause of your anxiety. It happens to me.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals