Lithium, Buspirone for extreme Anxiety

leighv

I’ve had extreme and I mean extreme anxiety which almost feels like manic symptoms but it’s not cus my life circumstances have been so intense lately that I had no choice but to act “manic” meaning I couldn’t and didn’t have a choice to slow down. Anyways my panic attacks, anxiety led to extreme depersonalization which then in turn led back to panic attacks cus I have a fear of “going crazy and ending up in the psyche ward” so it was like a repeated cycle. Pair this with financial issues and interpersonal conflicts. I am a HOT mess. I ended up having to quit my job yesterday cus I was so unstable. My question to you is, I’m going on the following meds (it’s been 3 days on them at the lowest dose) and I just want to make sure this is a good route and won’t mess up or cause excess serotonin. I’ve read bits and pieces on here that seem to be like I’m on the right track with these meds but all I need at the moment is to stabilize myself and get back in my body in a grounded and secure way.

Lithium Carbonate 300 mg ER
Buspirone 5mg split into 1/4’s for times a day
Propranolol (I barely take this because it causes anxiety but I break it in half and take it if my heart is facing)
I have hdroxyzine as well but I am trying to not take it as it makes me gain weight very fast.

I’m in therapy 3 times a months almost weekly. I eat somewhat peaty, take magnesium bysglycinate and I’ve also been diagnosed with PMDD (a horrible jacked up version of PMS).

Anyways I just hope at least the lithium and Buspirone helps to tone down the serotonin and perhaps will stabilize me. I have zero time and zero money to be checked into a psyche ward to just be drugged up. But the anxiety has been that bad!

Quitting the job should help in time, I hope. So I can start actually working out again, keeping my house clean and get sunshine.

OP
L

leighv

Oh and I should mention I also Vape a lot. Cus I don’t drink alcohol and I don’t have any “vices” maybe the vaping is not helping? And I have high blood pressure as well.

P

Peatness

Since you've been on the forum since 2018 I am going to presume you've got nutrition covered.

How long have you been vaping? What's in the vape? Could it be contributing to your symptoms?

Last edited by a moderator: