Good alternative to anti anxiety medication?

Jem Oz

Worth doing a forum search on high dose niacinamide. And what about upping your mag? I will say that I have an emergency supply of Ativan, and in an anxiety crisis it works insanely well and lasts for about 8 hours. But seems you’re talking more about a general, persistent anxiety. I’ll also ask the boring question; how’s your thyroid? Cos hypo definitely increases anxiety propensity

OP
D

dq139

Worth doing a forum search on high dose niacinamide. And what about upping your mag? I will say that I have an emergency supply of Ativan, and in an anxiety crisis it works insanely well and lasts for about 8 hours. But seems you’re talking more about a general, persistent anxiety. I’ll also ask the boring question; how’s your thyroid? Cos hypo definitely increases anxiety propensity
Interesting, I will definitely look up Ativan...as far as my thyroid I never got it tested, but I feel warm most of the time but sometime I get cold hands & feet but it isnt chronic. I eat alot of coconut oil and eggs salt milk & coffee so that probably helps I guess right?

Jem Oz

Interesting, I will definitely look up Ativan...as far as my thyroid I never got it tested, but I feel warm most of the time but sometime I get cold hands & feet but it isnt chronic. I eat alot of coconut oil and eggs salt milk & coffee so that probably helps I guess right?
Might be helpful to spend 2 weeks tracking your waking temp. Don't discount the possibility of a mild hypothyroidism contributing to the anxiety. Saying that from direct experience. Also for the record I'm not actively recommending Ativan. It aint 'Peaty' as they say. But an amazing circuit breaker in a crisis.

Adnada

Niacinamide came to my mind as well. Also, diphenhydramine (Benedryl, sleep aid) may help. I take it as an acute anxiety therapy, 1-2 low dose pills a month, not daily. It reduces serotonin.

Charger

Surprised no one mentioned Taurine.

Ginger & L-Lysine as well.

5a-DHP as far as haidut stuff goes.

Last edited:

DMF

Stay away from benzodiazepines as well as SSRI's > STAY AWAY from ALL drugs - in the long run they only worsen your whole being.
Anxiety is a horrible hell - and I'm thinking your upbringing had something to do with it. How are your current relationships - are you isolated - do you have a therapist?
If your able to stomach it, Kave Root gives the same relief as lorazapam.
But again, people and a purpose may what you need.

OP
D

dq139

Stay away from benzodiazepines as well as SSRI's > STAY AWAY from ALL drugs - in the long run they only worsen your whole being.
Anxiety is a horrible hell - and I'm thinking your upbringing had something to do with it. How are your current relationships - are you isolated - do you have a therapist?
If your able to stomach it, Kave Root gives the same relief as lorazapam.
But again, people and a purpose may what you need.
I agree I dont want to go on SSRIs & ruin my health even more, I only want to improve my life...Yes it is a living hell & yes my upbringing did cause this & I can't afford a therapist right now unfortunately..I have a stuttering problem all my life and was mercilessly beat up and abused by my peers as a kid, I learned boxing/mma so I faught back but you can't fight everybody mistreating u and have life turn out good, so I let alot of unjustified things go which mentally ruined me. My family loved me & are good people mostly but they would subconsciously do things to put me down as well and be negative...I was brought up in a very toxic enviroment and was a target because of my handicap and still am in a somewhat toxic enviroment, ive accepted it as normal life but my obsessive anxiety & anger is slowly killing me...I Isolate myself now at 30 because I found out my "long time friends" of my teens & 20s who I trusted/loved where snakes who hated me & low key taking advantage of my kindness..But Im naturally a social person, but my trust issues & anxiety are keeping me alone now, which is a upgrade to toxic people, sorry for being longwinded. Just wanted to give you more insight on my problem.....ive tried Kava Kava powder before it really tastes bad lol and doesnt give me any relief really. Ashwaghanda helps calm me but its effects only lasts about a week then goes away.

jzone56

200mg magnesium glycinate
1g taurine
200mg theanine

all taken tg works very well

DMF

I agree I dont want to go on SSRIs & ruin my health even more, I only want to improve my life...Yes it is a living hell & yes my upbringing did cause this & I can't afford a therapist right now unfortunately..I have a stuttering problem all my life and was mercilessly beat up and abused by my peers as a kid, I learned boxing/mma so I faught back but you can't fight everybody mistreating u and have life turn out good, so I let alot of unjustified things go which mentally ruined me. My family loved me & are good people mostly but they would subconsciously do things to put me down as well and be negative...I was brought up in a very toxic enviroment and was a target because of my handicap and still am in a somewhat toxic enviroment, ive accepted it as normal life but my obsessive anxiety & anger is slowly killing me...I Isolate myself now at 30 because I found out my "long time friends" of my teens & 20s who I trusted/loved where snakes who hated me & low key taking advantage of my kindness..But Im naturally a social person, but my trust issues & anxiety are keeping me alone now, which is a upgrade to toxic people, sorry for being longwinded. Just wanted to give you more insight on my problem.....ive tried Kava Kava powder before it really tastes bad lol and doesnt give me any relief really. Ashwaghanda helps calm me but its effects only lasts about a week then goes away.
Try looking into a community mental health facility or inquire at your nearest Department Of Human Services for a therapist. They may only charge you based on your income - you don't need a Park Avenue Psychiatrist.
There is a way out - but it doesn't happen in one day or one year. 'Takes alot of hard work & nerve & commitment to change.
Keep trying
Don't give up

Jem Oz

If you can't afford therapy, a couple of choice books might help. Never as good as an empathetic fellow human being, but better than nothing. Consciously carving out time for yourself to relax, get some sun, meditate or get lost in a killer tv show, although when you're anxious and down, such suggestions seem impossible or trivial (from my own vast experience). I've heard terrific things about theanine. Never tried, but I've just ordered some. Cypro always calms me down and makes me feel like my life is manageable, although it comes with side effects. I've heard great things about tianeptine. I tried it for 2 days last year and had a bit of a freak out on it, but might be worth experimenting with. I'd recommend starting a low dose. There are people who say it changed their life and relieved suffering like nothing else.

I feel for you man and really hope you find a workable way forward. If nothing else, you have good insight into your situation. Ultimately that matters more than anything.

OP
D

dq139

Try looking into a community mental health facility or inquire at your nearest Department Of Human Services for a therapist. They may only charge you based on your income - you don't need a Park Avenue Psychiatrist.
There is a way out - but it doesn't happen in one day or one year. 'Takes alot of hard work & nerve & commitment to change.
Keep trying
Don't give up
Thank you for the help/ advice, it really means alot

OP
D

dq139

If you can't afford therapy, a couple of choice books might help. Never as good as an empathetic fellow human being, but better than nothing. Consciously carving out time for yourself to relax, get some sun, meditate or get lost in a killer tv show, although when you're anxious and down, such suggestions seem impossible or trivial (from my own vast experience). I've heard terrific things about theanine. Never tried, but I've just ordered some. Cypro always calms me down and makes me feel like my life is manageable, although it comes with side effects. I've heard great things about tianeptine. I tried it for 2 days last year and had a bit of a freak out on it, but might be worth experimenting with. I'd recommend starting a low dose. There are people who say it changed their life and relieved suffering like nothing else.

I feel for you man and really hope you find a workable way forward. If nothing else, you have good insight into your situation. Ultimately that matters more than anything.
Thank you for the info/help I really appreciate it!..im thinking of buying tianeptine, how did it make u freak out? Like a adrenaline/paranoid effect? I Definitely don't need that lol