Anxiety, Stress, Metabolism. NEED Answers!

ginny-red

Dear All,

3 months ago I suffered from severe serotonin syndrome (huge anxiety, heart palpitations, tremors etc.).
I described this in post:
Chronic Serotonin Toxicity? Need A Help!
I tried a lot of supplements and visited a lot of docs, but I'm still suffering from anxiety and high stress and need a help.
What I tried (and a lot of more):
- cyproheptadine (4-8mg) for 2 weeks
- tianeptine (37.5 mg) for 2 weeks
- niacinamide 500mg
- taurine
- pregnenolone 50mg

My actual symptoms:
- constipation
- chills
- anxiety
- feel of guilt
- low appetite
- still in "fight or flight"
- racing thoughts (bad memories, intrusive thoughts which create feel of guilt, etc.)

Summarizing, I'm still anxious, in the evening I feel better and I sleep well. The worst is morning and few first hours of a day. I feel chills, I'm constipated, when I think about/hear something stressful (which was not stressful for me before SS, but now I recall all stressful situations from my life) my heart is pounding immediately, like a small panic attack, it lasts a moment, then I'm trying to relax and it's better but I still feel anxious. I feel like I'm in some kind of trauma, regretting all of my bad moves in life.

My actual blood test from June:
FT4 - 1,18 ng/dl, Norms: 0,93 - 1,7
TSH - 1,440 µIU/ml, Norms: 0,27 - 4,2

Blood test from May:
Progesterone - 0.12 ng/ml
Estradiol - <5 pg/ml

Blood test from April:
FT4 - 1,57 ng/dl, Norms: 0,93 - 1,7
TSH - 3.5 µIU/ml, Norms: 0,27 - 4,2
FT3 - 3.23pg/ml, Norms: 2 - 4,4

My hormones are so low because I've been on birth control pills for two years and one month ago I decided to not taking them again, so now I'm one month birth control free. I don't know if this has any impact on my mood.
From 2 days I tried med like Cynoplus as I have hypo symptoms (constipation, cold feet, low metabolism, falling hair) but I think that I feel more anxious with it and my heart is pounding after meals - some type of adrenaline rush with high pulse. Looking for my lab test, my thyroid is improving, difference is 2.0 in TSH in 2 months, also I have quite high FT3 - maybe my thyroid is overstimulated?
Also I'm trying with pregnenolone 50mg from few days and progesterone cream (20mg) but do not see any improvement.
My huge problem is my low appetite (very low), I feel stressed and fearful, I have a wrong startle response (even "buh" makes me jump on a chair), it's hard for me to wake up in morning but I fall asleep easily. I don't even know if these are still symptoms of serotonin toxicity or something else.

What do you recommend for me? Is it possible that I messed up with my GABA through serotonin syndrome? How to treat my anxiety and my stress responses? How to be stress proof after this kind of trauma for organism (serotonin syndrome)?

raypeatclips

I can't see your diet in either of the first two first posts, have you described it somewhere?

Edit: I see you posted a line or two saying you eat everything and a few foods. How many calories do you get in a day? What are your macros (carbs fat protein) amounts for the day? Do you exercise much? Have any hobbies, any fun? Have a job do you like it/hate it?

OP
G

ginny-red

I can't see your diet in either of the first two first posts, have you described it somewhere?

Edit: I see you posted a line or two saying you eat everything and a few foods. How many calories do you get in a day? What are your macros (carbs fat protein) amounts for the day? Do you exercise much? Have any hobbies, any fun? Have a job do you like it/hate it?

I'm trying to get about 2500 calories per day, but it's sometimes hard because of my low appetite.
I do not have any stricted diet with macros - I'm trying to gain some weight (I'm really thin) so it's hard to measure it because it depends on a day.
I do not exercise much, I have few hobbies but I cannot focus on them because of anxiety. I have some fun like walking, traveling, meeting with friends but because of anxiety I don't enjoy it like before.
I have a job in office, actually I don't hate it and I don't like it - job like others.

Regina

Dear All,

3 months ago I suffered from severe serotonin syndrome (huge anxiety, heart palpitations, tremors etc.).
I described this in post:
Chronic Serotonin Toxicity? Need A Help!
I tried a lot of supplements and visited a lot of docs, but I'm still suffering from anxiety and high stress and need a help.
What I tried (and a lot of more):
- cyproheptadine (4-8mg) for 2 weeks
- tianeptine (37.5 mg) for 2 weeks
- niacinamide 500mg
- taurine
- pregnenolone 50mg

My actual symptoms:
- constipation
- chills
- anxiety
- feel of guilt
- low appetite
- still in "fight or flight"
- racing thoughts (bad memories, intrusive thoughts which create feel of guilt, etc.)

Summarizing, I'm still anxious, in the evening I feel better and I sleep well. The worst is morning and few first hours of a day. I feel chills, I'm constipated, when I think about/hear something stressful (which was not stressful for me before SS, but now I recall all stressful situations from my life) my heart is pounding immediately, like a small panic attack, it lasts a moment, then I'm trying to relax and it's better but I still feel anxious. I feel like I'm in some kind of trauma, regretting all of my bad moves in life.

My actual blood test from June:
FT4 - 1,18 ng/dl, Norms: 0,93 - 1,7
TSH - 1,440 µIU/ml, Norms: 0,27 - 4,2

Blood test from May:
Progesterone - 0.12 ng/ml
Estradiol - <5 pg/ml

Blood test from April:
FT4 - 1,57 ng/dl, Norms: 0,93 - 1,7
TSH - 3.5 µIU/ml, Norms: 0,27 - 4,2
FT3 - 3.23pg/ml, Norms: 2 - 4,4

My hormones are so low because I've been on birth control pills for two years and one month ago I decided to not taking them again, so now I'm one month birth control free. I don't know if this has any impact on my mood.
From 2 days I tried med like Cynoplus as I have hypo symptoms (constipation, cold feet, low metabolism, falling hair) but I think that I feel more anxious with it and my heart is pounding after meals - some type of adrenaline rush with high pulse. Looking for my lab test, my thyroid is improving, difference is 2.0 in TSH in 2 months, also I have quite high FT3 - maybe my thyroid is overstimulated?
Also I'm trying with pregnenolone 50mg from few days and progesterone cream (20mg) but do not see any improvement.
My huge problem is my low appetite (very low), I feel stressed and fearful, I have a wrong startle response (even "buh" makes me jump on a chair), it's hard for me to wake up in morning but I fall asleep easily. I don't even know if these are still symptoms of serotonin toxicity or something else.

What do you recommend for me? Is it possible that I messed up with my GABA through serotonin syndrome? How to treat my anxiety and my stress responses? How to be stress proof after this kind of trauma for organism (serotonin syndrome)?
I think you might also try inosine and Magnoil. Also more salt. I take SaltStick Vitassium, which has sodium, chloride and potassium. I try to keep up making a batch of oxtail broth. That's been my breakfast for a couple of weeks. A bowl of oxtail broth with two egg yolks, a raw carrot and mandarin oranges. Take glycine if not getting enough gelatin broth every day. There are GABA supplements available. Pure Encapsulations has one with 700mg GABA in a gelatin capsule.

OP
G

ginny-red

I think you might also try inosine and Magnoil. Also more salt. I take SaltStick Vitassium, which has sodium, chloride and potassium. I try to keep up making a batch of oxtail broth. That's been my breakfast for a couple of weeks. A bowl of oxtail broth with two egg yolks, a raw carrot and mandarin oranges. Take glycine if not getting enough gelatin broth every day. There are GABA supplements available. Pure Encapsulations has one with 700mg GABA in a gelatin capsule.
As I read, GABA supplements do not cross the BB barrier. Also I won't down regulate my GABA receptors, actually I want to up-regulate them if that's the issue.
@haidut @charlie @Constatine - you're the best in serotonin/metabolism/receptors/thyroid issues. Could you please help?

theLaw

Sounds like you're overthinking this. Usually, it's best to start with the basics, then get more complex if those don't work.

Basics (in your situation):

1. You're not eating enough calories (your statement about 2500 calories per day has all kinds of qualifiers, which means that you're probably not getting anywhere near that - There's no magic bullet for low calories)

Solution: Add dense calorie low pufa foods along with your regular meals (ice cream/milkshakes/juice)

2. If your anxiety is connected to your gut bacteria, then antibiotics, activated charcoal, or a ton of carrot salads might be needed to sterilize your gut. Personally, I prefer AC as it just removes everything (search for more info)

3. Thyroid - There's a reason why Peat mentions it so frequently (I prefer Tyromix)IdeaLabs Online Store - Lab / R&D Chemicals

4. Blood sugar - Best way that I know to stabilize blood sugar is Juice + Taurine (up to 15G per day spread out).

All of those items could easily account for how you are feeling. Cheers! :D

raypeatclips

I'm trying to get about 2500 calories per day, but it's sometimes hard because of my low appetite.
I do not have any stricted diet with macros - I'm trying to gain some weight (I'm really thin) so it's hard to measure it because it depends on a day.
I do not exercise much, I have few hobbies but I cannot focus on them because of anxiety. I have some fun like walking, traveling, meeting with friends but because of anxiety I don't enjoy it like before.
I have a job in office, actually I don't hate it and I don't like it - job like others.

Could you tell us a daily example of your eating plan?

If you are very thin maybe you need even more than 2500 calories and should slowly try increasing how many calories you eat in a day. Chronically undereating can cause a whole host of problems.

You should try exercising more, it has been proven time and time again to help with various factors of peoples lives and symptoms.

I noticed you said you were constipated, are you eating much fibre daily? Carrot salad, mushrooms, vegetables?

Supplements won't be much help if the base of your health isn't good. For example if you eat very low calories a day, supplements will do nothing to help you. If you sit on a chair every hour of every day and have no movement, supplements aren't going to do much more you. It is a long and frustrating path trying to work out which supplements you need to do what based on things people have said online.

Eat big, move a lot, get a lot of sunlight (or incandescent) make sure you poop daily (exercise, fiber, sat fat) for a few months. It sounds simple but it has big effects.

Greg says

As I read, GABA supplements do not cross the BB barrier. Also I won't down regulate my GABA receptors, actually I want to up-regulate them if that's the issue.
@haidut @charlie @Constatine - you're the best in serotonin/metabolism/receptors/thyroid issues. Could you please help?
Haidut recently posted an article on how GABA not crossing the BBB was a myth perpetuated by big pharma.

OP
G

ginny-red

Sounds like you're overthinking this. Usually, it's best to start with the basics, then get more complex if those don't work.

Basics (in your situation):

1. You're not eating enough calories (your statement about 2500 calories per day has all kinds of qualifiers, which means that you're probably not getting anywhere near that - There's no magic bullet for low calories)

Solution: Add dense calorie low pufa foods along with your regular meals (ice cream/milkshakes/juice)

2. If your anxiety is connected to your gut bacteria, then antibiotics, activated charcoal, or a ton of carrot salads might be needed to sterilize your gut. Personally, I prefer AC as it just removes everything (search for more info)

3. Thyroid - There's a reason why Peat mentions it so frequently (I prefer Tyromix)IdeaLabs Online Store - Lab / R&D Chemicals

4. Blood sugar - Best way that I know to stabilize blood sugar is Juice + Taurine (up to 15G per day spread out).

All of those items could easily account for how you are feeling. Cheers! :D
Thank you for advices!
1. I know I’m not eating enough calories - it’s sometimes hard to remember to eat when there’s a lot of work in office, also lack of appetite... Still trying to improve it but it’s not easy. I eat more sugar, liver, fruits, vegetables.
2. I had some lab tests for my gut and I don’t have any „bad” bacteria in GI but as I remember RP says that all bacteria are bad and the best way to stay healthy is cleaning a gut from bacteria. Maybe I should try higher dose of charcoal.
3. Regarding thyroid - I’m taking 1/4 of tablet like Cynoplus, t4/t3 and I have some adrenaline response to it and really high pulse after meal. Is it normal or it’s just gonna stabilize after some time? Maybe dose is to high and I should take 1/8? I’m wondering if losing weight and anxiety may be hypo if these symptoms are considered as hyper.
4. I’m trying to eat a lot of sugar and drink OJ and milk with sugar before bed.

Last edited:
OP
G

ginny-red

Could you tell us a daily example of your eating plan?

If you are very thin maybe you need even more than 2500 calories and should slowly try increasing how many calories you eat in a day. Chronically undereating can cause a whole host of problems.

You should try exercising more, it has been proven time and time again to help with various factors of peoples lives and symptoms.

I noticed you said you were constipated, are you eating much fibre daily? Carrot salad, mushrooms, vegetables?

Supplements won't be much help if the base of your health isn't good. For example if you eat very low calories a day, supplements will do nothing to help you. If you sit on a chair every hour of every day and have no movement, supplements aren't going to do much more you. It is a long and frustrating path trying to work out which supplements you need to do what based on things people have said online.

Eat big, move a lot, get a lot of sunlight (or incandescent) make sure you poop daily (exercise, fiber, sat fat) for a few months. It sounds simple but it has big effects.
So should I still take thyroid (t4+t3) and pregnenolone or give up on them?
Regarding diet, I’m trying to eat a lof of vegetables, fruits, liver, etc. but also food that could help me with gaining weight (pasta, bread, meat).

theLaw

Thank you for advices!
1. I know I’m not eating enough calories - it’s sometimes hard to remember to eat when there’s a lot of work in office, also lack of appetite... Still trying to improve it but it’s not easy. I eat more sugar, liver, fruits, vegetables.
2. I had some lab tests for my gut and I don’t have any „bad” bacteria in GI but as I remember RP says that all bacteria are bad and the best way to stay healthy is cleaning a gut from bacteria. Maybe I should try higher dose of charcoal.
3. Regarding thyroid - I’m taking 1/4 of tablet like Cynoplus, t4/t3 and I have some adrenaline response to it and really high pulse after meal. Is it normal or it’s just gonna stabilize after some time? Maybe dose is to high and I should take 1/8? I’m wondering if losing weight may be hypo if these symptoms are considered as hyper.
4. I’m trying to eat a lot of sugar and drink OJ and milk with sugar before bed.

3. Without enough food, Thyroid is largely ineffective

4. You might try foods that are more appetizing to you vs those that look good on paper, especially liquids, which can be problematic early on. A pint of Haagen Dazs has nearly 1000 calories/78G carbs/67G fat/19G protein. If you melt it in the microwave, and drink it before bed, that will give you an idea of what stress reduction from food feels like.

Lurker

Your mornings sound like low blood sugar stress reaction. As mentioned ice cream or honey before bed, if you wake during the night try to eat (perhaps even set an alarm), and then eat something first thing when you wake. Maybe lay off the coffee at first until you can get your calories and metabolism stabilized. Thyroid would help tremendously with blood sugar regulation. However Cynoplus is just T4 which Peat has mentioned many many times women do not convert well to active T3 due to high estrogen. Excess T4 can actually inhibit thyroid. So taking small amounts of T3 frequently or using a T3/T4 mix will help a lot more.

Luckytype

Your mornings sound like low blood sugar stress reaction. As mentioned ice cream or honey before bed, if you wake during the night try to eat (perhaps even set an alarm), and then eat something first thing when you wake. Maybe lay off the coffee at first until you can get your calories and metabolism stabilized. Thyroid would help tremendously with blood sugar regulation. However Cynoplus is just T4 which Peat has mentioned many many times women do not convert well to active T3 due to high estrogen. Excess T4 can actually inhibit thyroid. So taking small amounts of T3 frequently or using a T3/T4 mix will help a lot more.
Cynoplus is T3/4 combo

EndAllDisease

First of all, I admire your drive to experiment and make changes. That sort of responsibility for your existence is admirable and what we need more of in this world.

As far as health goes, what I do, and what I think might be best, is to make large slow cooked stew meals at the start of each week and eat it for 4 or 5 days until it's done. New zealand lamb is good, organic broth, random vegetables, and lots of gelatin powder. I drink 1L raw milk a day, 2 eggs/day, liver once a week and lots of juice, dates, and raisins.

I think if you adopt a diet like that you'll be healed quite quickly. Of course, I always avoid pufa and use only coconut oil and butter. Oh and once a week I eat schwarma because I love middle eastern people and their cuisine.

Another thing I do is hit my thyroid and brain everyday with red light and it's been lifechanging.

Another thing I do is do bodyweight exercises everyday. 8-second reps x 3 of pushups, tricep pushups, pullups, chinups, and one-legged squats. That builds lots of muscle and strength and gets the muscles pumping out CO2 rather than estrogen.

My 2 cents. Hope you find it valuable in some way.

Lurker

Cynoplus is T3/4 combo

Sorry, the description I checked on MMDS is not the best and maybe lost in translation. Only Levothyroxine is listed for Cynoplus there. I guess you just have to know this stuff before you order. This isn’t easy to figure out!

Luckytype

Sorry, the description I checked on MMDS is not the best and maybe lost in translation. Only Levothyroxine is listed for Cynoplus there. I guess you just have to know this stuff before you order. This isn’t easy to figure out!

Glad you posted it then, i know some people have ordered some stuff and were sent other than what they ordered

Lilac

Your symptoms sound something like what my 86-year-old mother went through a while back. Dr. Peat recommended a large dose of progesterone (1/4 teaspoon), and that really helped her. So, as you are female, maybe try progesterone instead of the pregnenolone. (We use Progest-E.) I also second using ice cream as needed, to bring down the stress hormones and help sleep.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals