Sick Of The Depression And Anxiety

troubledtimes

I'm tired of going through this it's been about 4 years now. To be honest I'm in my 30s now and I can function and I haven't worked in years. I don't even want to work I just don't care about goals.been like this my whole life. I just want relief part of me wants to just take benzos like Ativan even tho addictive atleast it will take the edge off. Weed just gives me anxiety so I don't touch that. I've tried antidepressants which no longer work. I've touched out this mental agony for years just wasting away. I might as well try oxycottin or something. I know it sounds bizarre but when pych drugs don't cut it and u can't mind over matter ur mental issues because there that bad what do u do

Anders86

I'm tired of going through this it's been about 4 years now. To be honest I'm in my 30s now and I can function and I haven't worked in years. I don't even want to work I just don't care about goals.been like this my whole life. I just want relief part of me wants to just take benzos like Ativan even tho addictive atleast it will take the edge off. Weed just gives me anxiety so I don't touch that. I've tried antidepressants which no longer work. I've touched out this mental agony for years just wasting away. I might as well try oxycottin or something. I know it sounds bizarre but when pych drugs don't cut it and u can't mind over matter ur mental issues because there that bad what do u do

You are high serotonin. Try alot of coffee, collagen, milk, anti serotonins, no starch, oj, redlight/sunlight and more. Listen to Ray Peat podcasts and read his articles.

GreekDemiGod

Haven't worked in years? Lucky mofo, that's a luxury.
Seems like you are losing at the game of life, as harsh as it sounds.
Might as well hop on LDS and dopamine agonists

Jem Oz

Ketamine might be worth a try. I notice a patented version just got approved by the FDA - a nasal spray for depression. But it ain’t cheap so maybe hit the black market.

other than that, your dep and anxiety are actually healthy signs from your psyche that something huge inside needs attention, so try and find a kickass psychologist to be your guide on the most amazing journey of your life. It ain’t easy but it’s wild and worth it.

metabolic interventions can boost mood and provide some relief when needed - cypro, asp, niacinamide, avoiding certain foods etc. but ultimately if you want true healing I’d politely say you’re on the wrong forum. Good luck.

CoconutEffect

Ketamine might be worth a try. I notice a patented version just got approved by the FDA - a nasal spray for depression. But it ain’t cheap so maybe hit the black market.

other than that, your dep and anxiety are actually healthy signs from your psyche that something huge inside needs attention, so try and find a kickass psychologist to be your guide on the most amazing journey of your life. It ain’t easy but it’s wild and worth it.

metabolic interventions can boost mood and provide some relief when needed - cypro, asp, niacinamide, avoiding certain foods etc. but ultimately if you want true healing I’d politely say you’re on the wrong forum. Good luck.
Definitely not on “the wrong forum” can make case for that?

Try putting lots of salt on all your food and see what a difference it makes. Or make your own salt drink, following the Snake Juice recipe. Also drink strong chamomile tea sweetened with good honey.

These things (salt and chamomile) boost GABA, and having them as ritualistic depression-eliminators can have a positive semi-placebo effect as well.

You could also buy very bright light bulbs and keep them on, and take two long Epsom salt baths a day.

somuch4food

I don't tolerate Chamomile personally. I do better with Lemon Balm which has the same anti anxiety effects.

How's your gut/digestion?

aguineapig

I would start using tobacco before any of the drugs of abuse you listed. Nicotine and serotonin antagonists brought me out of a similar state in a few months.

aguineapig

Which serotonin antagonists

I use cypro (1mg at night) and Buspirone (10mg upon waking, 10mg immediately before turning in at night). These are some of the safest drugs and the effects are subtle, but after 5 months I feel better than I ever have in my life despite stresses piling up and not really going away. I take 10 or 15 pinches of nasal snuff per day which also helps make life more pleasant.

B___Danny

You’re asking for advice from the wrong source, a forum filled with people on big pharma drugs trying to recover their health. Dont listen to scumbags calling you names like @GreekDemiGod who’s been here for ages failing. You aren’t failing at the game of life any more than the average joe on the street chasing money and materialism. I’d say you’re better off than 90% of people because you aren’t working a deadend job. Pharma drugs only provide temporary relief to symptoms. You are young in age and have decades ahead of you to dominate and thrive.

My generalized anxiety and depression was a combination of the paradigm through which I was taught to see this realm and life + a cumulative energy deficit. I think you can start there if you chose.

Jessie

The drugs you're on are likely the reason you feel like s**t. They mess your hormones and neurotransmitters. SSRI medication is probably the worst drugs on the market, I would say they're worse then statins even. In fact that combo (ssri/statin) is likely the leading cause of chemically induced depression. They crash your hormone production by lowering cholesterol, then they put you on serotonin agonists. How many millions of people are probably on both those drugs I wonder?

Not saying this is your problem, just showing you how drugs can really mess you up. The opiates are bad too, they increase endorphins, estrogen, and prolactin. Weed can increase cortisol and estrogen.

My advice to you is to come off all that crap. Maybe spend a little less time looking at a screen and a little more time socializing with your comrades. We're social creatures.

lampofred

High calcium to phosphate and prostaglandin inhibitors might help

GutFeeling

Dopaminergics agent like methylphenidate may be worth trying and even benzos don't seem bad on your situation. Look at drug reviews, both of them seems work well on resistant depression.
An androgen/gabaergic like androsterone should be helpful. The classic combo of a good high carb diet and creatine+ exercise ( running, calisthenics ,etc) it's worth a shot if you didn't already.

Maljam

The drugs you're on are likely the reason you feel like s**t. They mess your hormones and neurotransmitters. SSRI medication is probably the worst drugs on the market, I would say they're worse then statins even. In fact that combo (ssri/statin) is likely the leading cause of chemically induced depression. They crash your hormone production by lowering cholesterol, then they put you on serotonin agonists. How many millions of people are probably on both those drugs I wonder?

Not saying this is your problem, just showing you how drugs can really mess you up. The opiates are bad too, they increase endorphins, estrogen, and prolactin. Weed can increase cortisol and estrogen.

My advice to you is to come off all that crap. Maybe spend a little less time looking at a screen and a little more time socializing with your comrades. We're social creatures.

Great post, completely agree. I wonder how much better the world would be if everyone took more time away from the screen. I remember Peat (and I think haidut) saying they take 1 day every now and then, a week or fortnight, where they don't go on computers or electronics at all. I think actually Peat said he doesn't read anything at all on that day. I have done this myself and it is surprisingly difficult.

shine

Agmatine would most likely give you almost instant relief. It is similar to ketamine in that it blocks NMDA receptors.
Higher dose Pregnenolone + low dose DHEA can be great for depression and anxiety too. Some people experience increased anxiety from them but in my experience you just have to soldier through that phase.
You could also educate yourself about psilocybin and LSD. Microdosing or even high dose experiences can be incredibly therapeutic. But don't take them when you're on SSRI drugs.