Anxiety and Depression are out of control. What anti-depressant Pharma drug would be safest?

mostlylurking

What worries me about Thiamine is that it gives energy and I already have trouble falling asleep,
Thiamine isn't like taking amphetamines. You're more likely to find yourself relaxing and taking a deep breath, then exhaling deeply and realizing your head's clearer than it's been in a while.

The only negative response I ever got from taking thiamine hcl was when I tried taking 1.25 grams 2Xday (=2.5 grams). When I went to bed that night I couldn't go to sleep because I kept having shooting electrical zapping pains in my thighs. This experience showed me that I had taken too much thiamine hcl so I went back to taking 1 gram 2Xday; this is my optimum dose. You aren't supposed to have any negative symptoms from taking thiamine hcl. I do take some magnesium glycinate too.

mostlylurking

All your mental problems are psychosomatic and the increased mental and internal conflict is causing physical stress, aggravating and even being at the root of some of your physical ailments.
How can you possibly divine that? You have never laid eyes on this person.

It must be great to be so brilliant that you can make a snap diagnosis like that. WOW!!

redsun

How can you possibly divine that? You have never laid eyes on this person.

It must be great to be so brilliant that you can make a snap diagnosis like that. WOW!!
I have PMed him for a while. Lots of back and forth messages has made this abundantly clear. I would not say this otherwise.

Peatress

Whatever you decide be informed

Restlessness/Akathisia:

The use of sertraline has been linked to a distressing restlessness and need to move, often being unable
to sit or stand still (akathisia). This is most likely to occur during the first few weeks of treatment.
Increasing the dose may be harmful so if you develop such symptoms you should talk to your doctor

Last edited:

Korven

From what I'm reading online, amitriptyline seems to work by raising serotonin.. is this true? I also read that it can make people suicidal, though I think this is the case with most anti-depressants. This is what makes me scared to go on them.

Yes to some extent but it also inhibits re-uptake of norepinephrine, it has antihistaminergic properties, acts on a bunch of receptors in the brain including NMDA, sodium, potassium channels. It's a sedative drug which can help soothe anxiety.

And the walks in nature were not mentioned as an afterthought! When I was going "out of my mind" with anxiety and depression I found that walks in nature would bring anxiety levels down from 10/10 to 8/10, which is not perfect but at least a little bit better. Being consistent with these daily walks will lower rumination and anxiety. I got better without taking any antidepressant or anxiolytic drug so it's possible to recover without them, but as redsun mentioned they can be helpful tools just to get back to some semblance of normal functioning and get some respite from constant anguish and tormenting thoughts.

Alexanders

Looking at OTC supplements Ashwagandha and Rhodiola might help, based on my personal experience they will make it easier to cope with stress and anxiety. Relora and pharmaGABA might help too, but I have no experience with those supplements. Other anxiolytics that come to mind are Kava Kava, Kratom and Phenibut.

Looking at prescription drugs benzos will work as a temporary relief. My personal favorite is Xanax, but I really don’t recommend benzos, they’re very addictive and decrease your cognitive abilities. A better more long term solution to benzos is Gabapentin or Lyrica.

SamYo123

Bang a few more woman that should help you, and also try to work out why she left you that might reveal some behaviours on your side that causing you to have physiological responses

I think men who overly invest and break up, get the same symptoms as you do compared to the guys who moves on because of purpose being his focus

Last edited:

Peatress

How lowering estrogen and serotonin could resolve insomnia

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHi-xBFGTVs&t=6062s

Anything that cleans up your intestine will lower your cortisol and estrogen

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fVx5yk73t4&t=683s

Dr Peat discussing the use of methylene blue for depression

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxnaRs0CUgE&t=1149s

Dr Peat discussing the use of naloxone for depression

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBaBZGcPyAE&t=1158s

SamYo123

"Anything that cleans up your intestine will lower your cortisol and estrogen"

Oatbran...

And dairy significantly increases estrogen even with a good gut, messes up my skin

Peatress

"Anything that cleans up your intestine will lower your cortisol and estrogen"

Oatbran...

And dairy significantly increases estrogen even with a good gut, messes up my skin
I think Dr Peat would say if you don't tolerate them then avoid them.

ChetnikPeater

After a breakup with the love of my life (she left me several months ago), I have no been able to cope at all. It has destroyed my life. Have trouble getting out of bed, am ridden with anxiety and panic (mornings are the worst), and so deeply depressed because I can't handle that she's gone, and even running errands in life like going grocery shopping or to the pharmacy has become overwhelming experiences where I feel too down/anxious and panicked.

I have tried all the natural stuff but without much improvement. I have already been on low dose trazodone which helps with sleep but is also an anti-depressant. I only take a half pill at present. It didnt do much for the anxiety/depression/panic but it does help me get some sleep. Prior to that I would get 1 or 2 hours a night tops. Now I get more but still wake up a couple times in the night. Also I've been doing therapy.

At this point I have no where else to turn but try pharm antidepressants and anti anxiety pills. But I am worried about side effects.. especially fibrosis which I hear SSRI's can cause. My hairloss is another significant player in my mental health and currently, I have decent hair, so I don't wanna risk making that worse with anti-depressants if it can cause fibrosis. So what can I try that won't raise serotonin or cause fibrosis and would be the safest? This I all assuming my GP is willing to prescribe it.
Buy @haidut 's camphosal and do an antibiotic course, daily carrot/bamboo shoot salad, and possibly cyproheptadine. If all else fails shoot gear until your humanity has left you.

Sampa

I've tried almost every single natural way, but nothing makes my emotions so stable and under complete self control as clomipramine.

Santosh

After a breakup with the love of my life (she left me several months ago), I have no been able to cope at all. It has destroyed my life. Have trouble getting out of bed, am ridden with anxiety and panic (mornings are the worst), and so deeply depressed because I can't handle that she's gone, and even running errands in life like going grocery shopping or to the pharmacy has become overwhelming experiences where I feel too down/anxious and panicked.

I have tried all the natural stuff but without much improvement. I have already been on low dose trazodone which helps with sleep but is also an anti-depressant. I only take a half pill at present. It didnt do much for the anxiety/depression/panic but it does help me get some sleep. Prior to that I would get 1 or 2 hours a night tops. Now I get more but still wake up a couple times in the night. Also I've been doing therapy.

At this point I have no where else to turn but try pharm antidepressants and anti anxiety pills. But I am worried about side effects.. especially fibrosis which I hear SSRI's can cause. My hairloss is another significant player in my mental health and currently, I have decent hair, so I don't wanna risk making that worse with anti-depressants if it can cause fibrosis. So what can I try that won't raise serotonin or cause fibrosis and would be the safest? This I all assuming my GP is willing to prescribe it.

DHEA
Testosterone
B vitamins
Coffee

Any of these or all 4.

PopSocket

Homeopathic Ignatia amara has been used for over 2 centuries to help people who are experiencing extreme grief/anxiety/depression especially after some inciting incident such as death of a loved one, losing a friend, relationship breakup, etc.
I was not a big believer in homeopathy but recently had a massive event that put me in a constant anxiety/anger mode and my sister who has a private homeopathy consultant gave me 200c ignatia amara and it did work better than benzos. I was shocked how strong of an effect it had. Can confirm it does work when the issue is death/serious health issues of a close person. Not sure about Love matters.

To OP: I am sorry to hear you are suffering so much at the moment. Hope things get better quickly.

After Love, Comes New Love.

I heard an interview of Ray Peat and when asked how to deal with this kind of situation he suggested the best remedy is a new person to fall in Love with. I tend to agree. Easier said than done though.

thirdcatgy

IMO, there's no replacement for weight training, sunlight and grounding in these situations (any form of bereavement). In particular, weight training has the ability to take alot of that mental/neural activity and redistribute into other areas of the body. It also helps to restore quality sleep and sanity. Sunlight and Grounding are not far behind. You're brain will find something else to focus in on if you give it enough distraction therapy.

SamYo123

IMO, there's no replacement for weight training, sunlight and grounding in these situations (any form of bereavement). In particular, weight training has the ability to take alot of that mental/neural activity and redistribute into other areas of the body. It also helps to restore quality sleep and sanity. Sunlight and Grounding are not far behind. You're brain will find something else to focus in on if you give it enough distraction therapy.
Just lift the correct way, not how they teach you in gyms abusing the sagital plane over the transverse will keep an organism in an anxious state

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/CnCp_IRJu_P/

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals