Lyme Disease/MSIDS Mental Effects: Anxiety And Depression

Ashoka

I've been struggling with Lyme disease for nearly a year now. While being very difficult all around (that's a staggering understatement) I managed with the physical and mental symptoms and found some strategies that helped enough for a while.

However in the last week while taking an herbal medicine (cat's claw) my symptoms became exponentially worse. Suddenly it was intolerable and pain and depression went from a 2-4 on a scale to an 8. I started having negative existential thoughts, being alone was intolerable, and any sense that I could just wait out the symptoms and observe them dispassionately was utterly intolerable as well.

The only reason I say "was" is because sometimes at night I get lucky to the degree that the infection seem to go to sleep. So sometimes by around 11-1am I feel better enough that I don't have a total meltdown and end up in a psychiatric facility.

I can't explain how truly crazy this has been. I've had health issues for three years, many of which improved over time, but the infections are the most vicious thing I've ever encountered.

Of course my new plan is to get on antibiotics as quickly as possible, although finding a knowledgeable doctor for Lyme disease in my area is going to be difficult.

In the meantime, I could use any help about what to do about depression and anxiety generally and related to chronic infections. I really need an immediately impactful solution.

I already take cyproheptadine, which I believe helps me eat and calms pain to an extent. But I really need to be doing much more.

Thanks

Candeias

This can hide spirochetes and the imune sistem cant get in, so the body can not handle everything . Like Root canals too

Search foi this:

Cavitat Scanner and Cavitation

"A cavitation refers to a hole in a bone, cavitations can be found in any bone in the body but are usually found in the jaw bone, often showing where a tooth has been extracted. Cavitations by their nature are highly toxic. They are breeding grounds for a number of small chemical toxins and bacteria, this in turn can have a systemic effect in the localized disease process."

Rivka

Peat is fine with wormwood, black walnut, cloves and cascara) short term or when required. You could try these. There may be a die off so you could use more magnesium or cascara or enemas where required.

InChristAlone

I've been struggling with Lyme disease for nearly a year now. While being very difficult all around (that's a staggering understatement) I managed with the physical and mental symptoms and found some strategies that helped enough for a while.

However in the last week while taking an herbal medicine (cat's claw) my symptoms became exponentially worse. Suddenly it was intolerable and pain and depression went from a 2-4 on a scale to an 8. I started having negative existential thoughts, being alone was intolerable, and any sense that I could just wait out the symptoms and observe them dispassionately was utterly intolerable as well.

The only reason I say "was" is because sometimes at night I get lucky to the degree that the infection seem to go to sleep. So sometimes by around 11-1am I feel better enough that I don't have a total meltdown and end up in a psychiatric facility.

I can't explain how truly crazy this has been. I've had health issues for three years, many of which improved over time, but the infections are the most vicious thing I've ever encountered.

Of course my new plan is to get on antibiotics as quickly as possible, although finding a knowledgeable doctor for Lyme disease in my area is going to be difficult.

In the meantime, I could use any help about what to do about depression and anxiety generally and related to chronic infections. I really need an immediately impactful solution.

I already take cyproheptadine, which I believe helps me eat and calms pain to an extent. But I really need to be doing much more.

Thanks
How are you doing now?

D

danishispsychic

She is on a paleo diet. Isn’t that the complete opposite of Ray Peat land
I didn't say that she should go paleo or follow it to the letter but she has a great blog and recovery story.

OP
Ashoka

Ashoka

How are you doing now?

I was doing well for a while but I took several steps back. I'm going through a really tough breakup and I just dropped everything. I've lost a lot of weight, going from 150 - ~125 lbs. Struggling with lots of things: apathy, anhedonia, libido stuff, brain fog, fatigue. It may just be a setback but since I've been acting this way for months, the turnaround is going to take a while.

I have a lot of weird ideas about what to do, but I was just going to try some simple things like getting diet back to normal and supplementing monolaurin, magnesium chloride, DHEA, red light, and alka seltzer gold (the latter is a common Lyme recommendation). Also maybe vitamin D, E, and K in there. And perhaps for depression some theanine/tyrosine type combination. I also considered lapodin and methylene blue, but that seems more intense.

How are you?

Vinero

I was doing well for a while but I took several steps back. I'm going through a really tough breakup and I just dropped everything. I've lost a lot of weight, going from 150 - ~125 lbs. Struggling with lots of things: apathy, anhedonia, libido stuff, brain fog, fatigue. It may just be a setback but since I've been acting this way for months, the turnaround is going to take a while.

I have a lot of weird ideas about what to do, but I was just going to try some simple things like getting diet back to normal and supplementing monolaurin, magnesium chloride, DHEA, red light, and alka seltzer gold (the latter is a common Lyme recommendation). Also maybe vitamin D, E, and K in there. And perhaps for depression some theanine/tyrosine type combination. I also considered lapodin and methylene blue, but that seems more intense.

How are you?
Are you taking antibiotics for Lyme? I think most people with Lyme start with Doxycycline and a macrolide such as Azithromycin. For example 200 mg doxycycline daily + 250 mg azithromycine M/W/F.

OP
Ashoka

Ashoka

Are you taking antibiotics for Lyme? I think most people with Lyme start with Doxycycline and a macrolide such as Azithromycin. For example 200 mg doxycycline daily + 250 mg azithromycine M/W/F.

Hey, chronic Lyme treatment is a controversial subject. There’s also the issue that most people have multiple infections and Lyme borrelia is only one of them. I also had high EBV, babesia, and mycoplasma. I might consider taking some minocycline at some point, but only as another ingredient in getting myself to a better place along with diet and lifestyle. That doesn’t sound like a bad combination of abx to me, but apparently azithromycine can cause severe heart issues in rare cases so it’s scared me off until further notice. I appreciate the recommendation though.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals