Essential Oils From Garlic And Other Herbs Kill 'persister' Lyme Disease Bacteria

Mito

“Oils from garlic and several other common herbs and medicinal plants show strong activity against the bacterium that causes Lyme disease, according to a study by researchers at Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. These oils may be especially useful in alleviating Lyme symptoms that persist despite standard antibiotic treatment, the study also suggests.”
Essential oils from garlic and other herbs kill 'persister' Lyme disease bacteria

“Lyme disease is the most common vector borne-disease in the United States (US). While the majority of the Lyme disease patients can be cured with 2–4 weeks antibiotic treatment, about 10–20% of patients continue to suffer from persisting symptoms. While the cause of this condition is unclear, persistent infection was proposed as one possibility. It has recently been shown that B. burgdorferi develops dormant persisters in stationary phase cultures that are not killed by the current Lyme antibiotics, and there is interest in identifying novel drug candidates that more effectively kill such forms. We previously identified some highly active essential oils with excellent activity against biofilm and stationary phase B. burgdorferi. Here, we screened another 35 essential oils and found 10 essential oils (Allium sativum L. bulbs, Pimenta officinalis Lindl. berries, Cuminum cyminum L. seeds, Cymbopogon martini var. motia Bruno grass, Commiphora myrrha (T. Nees) Engl. resin, Hedychium spicatum Buch.-Ham. ex Sm. flowers, Amyris balsamifera L. wood, Thymus vulgaris L. leaves, Litsea cubeba (Lour.) Pers. fruits, Eucalyptus citriodora Hook. leaves) and the active component of cinnamon bark cinnamaldehyde (CA) at a low concentration of 0.1% have strong activity against stationary phase B. burgdorferi. At a lower concentration of 0.05%, essential oils of Allium sativum L. bulbs, Pimenta officinalisLindl. berries, Cymbopogon martini var. motia Bruno grass and CA still exhibited strong activity against the stationary phase B. burgdorferi. CA also showed strong activity against replicating B. burgdorferi, with a MIC of 0.02% (or 0.2 μg/mL). In subculture studies, the top five essential oil hits Allium sativum L. bulbs, Pimenta officinalis Lindl. berries, Commiphora myrrha (T. Nees) Engl. resin, Hedychium spicatum Buch.-Ham. ex Sm. flowers, and Litsea cubeba (Lour.) Pers. fruits completely eradicated all B. burgdorferi stationary phase cells at 0.1%, while Cymbopogon martini var. motia Bruno grass, Eucalyptus citriodora Hook. leaves, Amyris balsamifera L. wood, Cuminum cyminum L. seeds, and Thymus vulgaris L. leaves failed to do so as shown by visible spirochetal growth after 21-day subculture. At concentration of 0.05%, only Allium sativum L. bulbs essential oil and CA sterilized the B. burgdorferi stationary phase culture, as shown by no regrowth during subculture, while Pimenta officinalisLindl. berries, Commiphora myrrha (T. Nees) Engl. resin, Hedychium spicatum Buch.-Ham. ex Sm. flowers and Litsea cubeba(Lour.) Pers. fruits essential oils all had visible growth during subculture. Future studies are needed to determine if these highly active essential oils could eradicate persistent B. burgdorferi infection in vivo.”
Identification of Essential Oils with Strong Activity against Stationary Phase Borrelia burgdorferi

danielbb

A friend sent this to me in an e-mail asked me to post this for them:
"I have done it all, and am done fighting my Lyme. The herbs almost killed me with their strong herxheimer reactions. I did four yrs. in hell on the Cowden Protocol. As far as the garlic, I smelled so bad during my 6 mo. stint on the Zhang Protocol (one of many I tried) that my husband would not come near me. Oils may help, but the ones that really work, like oregano oil, can destroy already damaged guts, and w/o strong basic herbal killers like Samento, I don't think they can work alone. I did not see Hottuynia mentioned and that is pretty essential as is artemisia. Also nattokwinase, and/or serreptase for biofilms, and so much more. It is a rich person's disease. A typical cure in Stage II costs about $250K. I am in Stage IV, which is not curable. I am 95% free of symptoms within 30 hrs. of starting Metronizadole, every time I am given it, but can't get any doc to give it to me long term, not even if it is pulsed, since they say it will destroy my liver. Lyme toxins destroy the liver too, and quality of life is way more important to me than quantity, but as you know, we are not a free society. In Mexico, I could just walk into any pharmacy and buy metronizadole for myself w/o seeing a doc or getting a script, and at much lower prices."

davidgraham

A friend sent this to me in an e-mail asked me to post this for them:
"I have done it all, and am done fighting my Lyme. The herbs almost killed me with their strong herxheimer reactions. I did four yrs. in hell on the Cowden Protocol. As far as the garlic, I smelled so bad during my 6 mo. stint on the Zhang Protocol (one of many I tried) that my husband would not come near me. Oils may help, but the ones that really work, like oregano oil, can destroy already damaged guts, and w/o strong basic herbal killers like Samento, I don't think they can work alone. I did not see Hottuynia mentioned and that is pretty essential as is artemisia. Also nattokwinase, and/or serreptase for biofilms, and so much more. It is a rich person's disease. A typical cure in Stage II costs about $250K. I am in Stage IV, which is not curable. I am 95% free of symptoms within 30 hrs. of starting Metronizadole, every time I am given it, but can't get any doc to give it to me long term, not even if it is pulsed, since they say it will destroy my liver. Lyme toxins destroy the liver too, and quality of life is way more important to me than quantity, but as you know, we are not a free society. In Mexico, I could just walk into any pharmacy and buy metronizadole for myself w/o seeing a doc or getting a script, and at much lower prices."
Sorry i know this old post but how did you heal your lyme disease?

Back
Top Bottom