Lyme Disease Treatment

RMH

What dose did you use and how long did it take to clear it?

Each antibiotic was introduced gradually but at peak dosages I was taking 100mg mino 3x/day, 500 mg ceftin 2x/day, 500 mg flagyl 2x/day (M-Tr, off F-Sun). First 6 weeks mino only, weeks 6-12 mino + ceftin, weeks 12-18 mino + ceftin + flagyl, weeks 18-22 mino + ceftin, weeks 22-26 mino. Symptoms 75% resolved at 18 weeks, 95% resolved at 26 weeks.

Peater Piper

How did you actually kill it?
I was given intravenous Doxycycline at the diagnosis, plus two weeks of it orally. I found an LLMD, but decided just to hope for the best, because I didn't want to go through 2-3 months of at least 3-4 antibiotics. The Doxycycline alone was already giving me gastrointestinal distress, plus it was the middle of summer and I couldn't even go out in the sun. Whether that was the right call, I don't know. I already had some issues prior to the infection, and I developed a chronic headache 6 months following the infection. Is the headache a result? Maybe. My instinct is no single antibiotic will wipe out the infection completely, especially if it's taken hold. Even multiple antibiotics may just knock down the population enough that it won't be too problematic. The very slow growth rate makes it harder to kill, but if co-infections are eliminated and the immune system is still functioning, it's possible the infection will stay suppressed. I know there's some LLMDs that will even give a short course of antibiotics periodically in patients that are more or less better, just to make sure the infection can't take hold again.

TubZy

Each antibiotic was introduced gradually but at peak dosages I was taking 100mg mino 3x/day, 500 mg ceftin 2x/day, 500 mg flagyl 2x/day (M-Tr, off F-Sun). First 6 weeks mino only, weeks 6-12 mino + ceftin, weeks 12-18 mino + ceftin + flagyl, weeks 18-22 mino + ceftin, weeks 22-26 mino. Symptoms 75% resolved at 18 weeks, 95% resolved at 26 weeks.

Interesting, thanks. I take it your not 100% yet though?

Would be interesting to see if you used tinidazole instead of flagyl and included fluconazole as well to see how much better it would work.

davidgraham

How did you actually kill it?

Also, from the link you mentioned they don't say anything about minocycline or tinidazole. I also didn't see any references to the author's blog post to the study he mentioned.

According to this study, mino and tini would be superior to doxy and metro (flagyl). It also looks like doxy could potentially make lymes worse due to the increase in round bodies.

Doxycycline versus Minocycline - eMedExpert.com
Evaluation of in-vitro antibiotic susceptibility of different morphological forms of Borrelia burgdorferi

• "Doxycycline treatment increased round bodies by ~275% (Figure 3B). Out of this population ~270% were alive and only ~5% were dead.
  • Tinidazole treatment reduced round bodies by ~94%, but in the remaining 6% of the population only ~2% were dead.
  • Tigecycline treatment reduced round bodies by ~96%, but in the remaining 4% of population only ~1% were dead.
  • Metronidazole treatment reduced round bodies by ~68%, but in the remaining 32% of the population ~15% were dead.
  • Amoxicillin treatment reduced round bodies by ~32%, but in the remaining 68% of the population ~30% were dead (Figure 3B)."

I know this is an old post but how did you heal lyme?

Hairfedup

Lyme is transmitted by ticks right? How does one come into contact with a tick and not know? I have all the symptoms of chronic lyme but I think it may just be other gut bacteria as other users have suggested to me.

I had / have Lyme . When I got my tick bite initially I was in some sort of freaky denial and didn't get it treated. Soon after I was given Clindamycin which almost killed me - (for a dental surgery. ) I randomly took Huma Worm herbs about 2 years later to do a parasite cleanse. Very strong herbs ... and I really didn't know what I was doing. I had HUGE parasite die off, candida, and it made it all worse. I did MMS even, the Kinghart protocol, fen ben, horse wormers, food-grade peroxide, ivermectin, ... you name it I did it. I MURDERED my gut with all that stuff and when I went to an allopathic doctor, he gave me CIPRO/ FLAGYL and I was dumb enough to take that too. RIP gut lining etc. I then worked on rebuilding while still doing parasite herbs on new and full moons. Eventually, 2 years later .... of coffee enemas, eating Peat-ish, raising my Vit D and b12 , I am still alive. throw in about 4 master cleanses in ... that helped too. I would tell you to do none of the above ( lol ) but thats what I did to deal with the aftermath of that tick bite, Lyme, a massive parasite infection, relentless candida ...

Hairfedup

I had / have Lyme . When I got my tick bite initially I was in some sort of freaky denial and didn't get it treated. Soon after I was given Clindamycin which almost killed me - (for a dental surgery. ) I randomly took Huma Worm herbs about 2 years later to do a parasite cleanse. Very strong herbs ... and I really didn't know what I was doing. I had HUGE parasite die off, candida, and it made it all worse. I did MMS even, the Kinghart protocol, fen ben, horse wormers, food-grade peroxide, ivermectin, ... you name it I did it. I MURDERED my gut with all that stuff and when I went to an allopathic doctor, he gave me CIPRO/ FLAGYL and I was dumb enough to take that too. RIP gut lining etc. I then worked on rebuilding while still doing parasite herbs on new and full moons. Eventually, 2 years later .... of coffee enemas, eating Peat-ish, raising my Vit D and b12 , I am still alive. throw in about 4 master cleanses in ... that helped too. I would tell you to do none of the above ( lol ) but thats what I did to deal with the aftermath of that tick bite, Lyme, a massive parasite infection, relentless candida ...

Damn, really sorry to hear about your troubles. Glad you're doing better. I don't think I have Lyme but very similar symptoms including swollen lymph nodes in my neck aorund 6-9 months before the real symptoms began. Other knowledgeable members have recommended safe antibiotics like penicillin+ethyromycine for around 10 days, but I have no clue what I'm doing so I'm still hesitant and go on suffering. Thorne B complex, aspirin and K2 help a lot. Especially the B complex for my stomach/gut. Would you say the penicillin+ethyro combo is okay? I can say a near fatal bout of Dengue fever 4 years ago changed me completely and I've never been the same. No idea what it did to my body though so I look to more knowledgeable folks on here. Sorry to bother you with this lol

Jon2547

Would mimosa pudica be applicable for treating Lyme? I have also read that using Stevia is good.

Bart1

Lyme is transmitted by ticks right? How does one come into contact with a tick and not know? I have all the symptoms of chronic lyme but I think it may just be other gut bacteria as other users have suggested to me.
Lyme can be transmitted by mosquitoes, flies, ticks, sex etc So it's not a "tickborne" illness per se

I have chronic Lyme and coinfections, a lot of neuro symptoms, it's pretty bad. I'm trying the Buhner protocol instead of antibiotics

ChelsBells

Lyme can be transmitted by mosquitoes, flies, ticks, sex etc So it's not a "tickborne" illness per se

I have chronic Lyme and coinfections, a lot of neuro symptoms, it's pretty bad. I'm trying the Buhner protocol instead of antibiotics
How are ya doing now @Bart1?

Dutchie

I don't have experience with the treatment, but there is this book Toxic by Neil Nathan MD, which some Lyme members were raving about.

Bart1

Any updates on your health? I would look into the Stephen Buhner Protocol if you are still struggling with your health.
I have used Buhner with success, irradiated the Lyme.. unfortunately it hasn't resolved most of my issues but working on it, thanks for asking!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals