Headaches. Please Help

Giraffe

Just throwing out ideas...

A cold can cause headaches for me. Sometimes the only thing that helps are aspirin with vitamin C. (I used the effervescent powder by Bayer in the past.)

When my eyes are stressed/overworked I get headaches, and I am tired I am more prone to this when I am tired or stressed. (When did you last have your eyes checked?)

Hope you are better soon, @Makrosky .

Xisca

Hmmm.... Why such a sudden increase in prolactin ? I haven't changed anything. I have had other times in my life with more "distorted" circacidan disruption without affecting me.
Change is not needed. You never know when a drop ...colma el vaso!
May be look at dopamine from a behavioural point of view. It is said to be a motivational hormone. Are you more bored at Work? Doing something repetitive that is not satisfying though not stressful?
Here is my personal test:
When I want something, what is the % of probable success I need to tempt it? When dopamine is low, I need to be nearly sure of success to act.

OP
Makrosky

Makrosky

Just throwing out ideas...

A cold can cause headaches for me. Sometimes the only thing that helps are aspirin with vitamin C. (I used the effervescent powder by Bayer in the past.)

When my eyes are stressed/overworked I get headaches, and I am tired I am more prone to this when I am tired or stressed. (When did you last have your eyes checked?)

Hope you are better soon, @Makrosky .
Thanks Giraffe. I wear glasses for myopia. You mean my myopia could have increased and hence the headaches ?

OP
Makrosky

Makrosky

Change is not needed. You never know when a drop ...colma el vaso!
May be look at dopamine from a behavioural point of view. It is said to be a motivational hormone. Are you more bored at Work? Doing something repetitive that is not satisfying though not stressful?
Here is my personal test:
When I want something, what is the % of probable success I need to tempt it? When dopamine is low, I need to be nearly sure of success to act.
Good point of view Xisca, thanks!

Xisca

Thanks Giraffe. I wear glasses for myopia. You mean my myopia could have increased and hence the headaches ?
Ho Ho, what I said about being less motivated can also be linked to strain. And this is the cause of miopía: strained muscles around the eyes. Usually straining at school, so you can imagine the link with boredom and lack of motivation!
I have just gone to a workshop about somatic experiencing applied to the Bates method! It really can reverse sight problems.
First, I am shortsighted myself, though I decided to quit my glasses, for 2 years now. I was the only one Who experienced a big change in this short time, but it was a moving experience! During maybe 10mns, I could SEE as if with glasses. The place was ugly but I was looking as if it was the 8th marvel of the world! I was nearly crying, and laughing, and was sustaining me energetically a compañera Who got it fully and she wears no more her big glasses and SEE clearly.

tara

I guess you've had a look at whether you are running any obvious dietary mineral deficiencies?Eg getting enough magnesium?

I've sometimes been able to throw off or defer a headache with just a little coffee, but for me this tends to result in subsequent worse withdrawal headaches/migraines, so I generally avoid it. But if this is a one off, it's possible you could break a pattern with a little coffee to supplement the aspirin. Some places they sell caffeine and aspirin together for effective headache relief.
I also know people who get headaches when they drink too much coffee.

Giraffe

Yes, I do think that myopia can cause headaches and issues with concentration. I think that tension anywhere in the body can do this. People who work on a computer for their living are at high risk for strained eyes and/or bad posture. Tension, stress, tiredness can cause my eye-sight to worsen; relaxation exercises, even short breath holds make a difference. It's all connected somehow. A couple of years ago a co-worker solved my headaches by giving me a desk lamp.

I've sometimes been able to throw off or defer a headache with just a little coffee
My mom, too. And cheese is causing headaches for her.

OP
Makrosky

Makrosky

I guess you've had a look at whether you are running any obvious dietary mineral deficiencies?Eg getting enough magnesium?

I've sometimes been able to throw off or defer a headache with just a little coffee, but for me this tends to result in subsequent worse withdrawal headaches/migraines, so I generally avoid it. But if this is a one off, it's possible you could break a pattern with a little coffee to supplement the aspirin. Some places they sell caffeine and aspirin together for effective headache relief.
I also know people who get headaches when they drink too much coffee.
Thanks tara. I'll keep it in mind.

OP
Makrosky

Makrosky

Yes, I do think that myopia can cause headaches and issues with concentration. I think that tension anywhere in the body can do this. People who work on a computer for their living are at high risk for strained eyes and/or bad posture. Tension, stress, tiredness can cause my eye-sight to worsen; relaxation exercises, even short breath holds make a difference. It's all connected somehow. A couple of years ago a co-worker solved my headaches by giving me a desk lamp.

My mom, too. And cheese is causing headaches for her.
I'm not spending a lot of time in front of the computer ATM so..hmm... maybe the eyes, yes I will check them. I've checked them last september and they were as usual.

So cheese is causing headaches for her ? I remember when I was not used to eat dairy (I wrongly though I was lactose intolerant) as soon as I ate something with it I would have a headache. But it was a different kind of headache. Like short duration (2-3 hours) and also I had stomach discomfort and kind of feeling of malaise with it. It is very different than now.

Hmmmm

OP
Makrosky

Makrosky

Just for the record, my headaches went away.

Two things have changed basically :
- I made a new pair of glasses. Apparently the old ones were over graduated. It appears I reduced 0.25 my myopia plus I don't have astigmatism anymore. Strange but true. God Bless serotonin reduction! But the thing is I have had this reduction for, at least, one full year without developping any headaches. Why just a couple of months ago ? I don't know.
- I moved flat and don't live anymore with what I think it was a psychic vampire roommate (no kidding guys).

So either one of these things or both solved the problem. Fewwww!! Life is so much better.

Xisca

So goooooooooooood!
lol so you are away from the good personal exercises that your co-inquilino was giving you!
Well, classes are not for ever, so you are better off, and on a new class this september!
For myopia you are always better with less than what you need, just the reglamentary for driving seems fine.
I am better off my glasses totally actually, so I can understand that this was a big part of the problem.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals