Collagen Disorder Is Ruining My Family's Life. Help Me Break The Curse

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
So basically vitamin A toxicity is causing the scurvy. Here is what Grant Genereux said about it:

Vitamin C​

If there’s going to be more of the retinyl esters back flowing from the liver into serum, is there something else people can do to mitigate the harm? Unfortunately, I don’t have any great answers. But, I’ve since learned more about vitamin C. What’s interesting about vitamin C is that it appears to be only moderately beneficial when people are healthy. Conversely, where vitamin C really shines is when taken when people are sick. It is also reported to be very protective in the context of vitamin A toxicity. So much so, that I think, scurvy might just be misdiagnosed vitamin A toxicity. The reason that vitamin C plays such a critical role is that it facilitates the formation of collagen and bone rebuilding. These are two of the first tissues affected by vitamin A toxicity. Although vitamin C is not at all a direct antidote for vitamin A toxicity, it appears to play a critical role in accelerating the body’s repair process from it. Even though I had mentioned the need for vitamin C in my eBooks, I think I seriously underestimated its importance. Source

Motorneuron

Silicon, sulphur, glycine, vitamin C, copper

Not consume directly collagen

member11823

Think about it, sailors got scurvy being all day long under the sun (which will reduce vitamin A for sure)
They probably ate fish?

Basonh

high blood pressure its the medusa that turns men and women alike into stone.

OP
BearWithMe

BearWithMe

I was taking high dose of Vitamin C, 3x a day, for the past couple of weeks. The most obvious improvement is my digeston, which is huge because nothing else ever improved my digestion.

I'm handling both mental and physical stress much better and the recovery from physical exhaustion is much faster than before.

Also, a lot of my brain fog disappeared, I can think clearer and I feel way less autistic.

Not sure if this is related to the Vitamin C or not, but I made no other changes in my diet or supplement stack during that time.

One negative effect is that Vitamin C makes me urinate so much I have symptoms of dehydration. Maybe I'm taking too much and the body is dumping the excess through the urine?

Peatress

I had lots of connective tissue problems, including hyper mobile joints as a child. I got an optimized supplementation of natural desiccated thyroid (Acella brand) 6 years ago (at age 65) and my connective tissue issues have disappeared, including the scoliosis. I think you should consider getting your thyroid tested. Read up first: Programmable Search Engine

I also had very low stomach acid so had mineral absorption problems. This is also caused by hypothyroidism but can also be caused by a thiamine deficiency. Thiamine is really important and a deficiency can severely damage oxidative metabolism and cause lactic acidosis which causes inflammation. Thiamine must be taken with magnesium or supplementing it will increase serotonin and that makes inflammation worse.
Thank you I didn't know thiamine without magnesium increases serotonin.

mostlylurking

Thank you I didn't know thiamine without magnesium increases serotonin.
This post was written a few years back and I've slept since then; I've not been able to find a quick link for you to read that backs up my post, sorry. However, I can provide links that together explain the concept that magnesium is needed for thiamine function and thiamine helps clear serotonin from the brain; therefore, supplementing thiamine alone without magnesium could cause a magnesium deficiency which would hamper thiamine function which could cause serotonin to build up in the brain:

and Thiamine deficiency: selective impairment of the cerebellar serotonergic system - PubMed

This article discusses the benefit of magnesium for depression: Rapid recovery from major depression using magnesium treatment - PubMed

This topic is made more difficult to research because of the popular idea that serotonin is the happy hormone and is desirable to have; lots of articles are on line about magnesium "improving" serotonin levels. I'm inclined to believe Ray Peat about serotonin's negative effects and that something else is taking place that improves depression (via magnesium supplementation) other than the increase in serotonin.

member11823

My experience:
1 g liposomal vitamin c (mercola) per day at night with all my supps.
I'm missing breakfast or I drink orange juice instead of breakfast. Always before lunch, few hours latter this tooth mobility appears. My teeth start cracking, not too much but I can notice it.
2 g liposomal vit c - 1 g first thing in the morning - 1 g with all my supps. This cracking is gone. By grip is even stronger. My jar got even tighter. No way to cause bleeding gums, probably I need to use knife or something really sharp you know.
I have varicocele and inguinal hernia. Time ago, I had some minor hemorrhoids symptoms (not full blown ones). I don't warmup properly before boxing, I would experience this strange itching in the arse.
This feeling is gone, I think at such doses. Ray would be wrong about the estrogen probably. Also my butt and abdomen got slimmer probaby beacuse of the lecithin in the liposomal vitamin c. I hope it will solve my varicocele and inguinal hernia (which is almost gone).
God bless you guys

Summer

My experience:
1 g liposomal vitamin c (mercola) per day at night with all my supps.
I'm missing breakfast or I drink orange juice instead of breakfast. Always before lunch, few hours latter this tooth mobility appears. My teeth start cracking, not too much but I can notice it.
2 g liposomal vit c - 1 g first thing in the morning - 1 g with all my supps. This cracking is gone. By grip is even stronger. My jar got even tighter. No way to cause bleeding gums, probably I need to use knife or something really sharp you know.
I have varicocele and inguinal hernia. Time ago, I had some minor hemorrhoids symptoms (not full blown ones). I don't warmup properly before boxing, I would experience this strange itching in the arse.
This feeling is gone, I think at such doses. Ray would be wrong about the estrogen probably. Also my butt and abdomen got slimmer probaby beacuse of the lecithin in the liposomal vitamin c. I hope it will solve my varicocele and inguinal hernia (which is almost gone).
God bless you guys
I really wanted to try Mercola's liposomal C but the ingredients dissuaded me from doing so. I can't seem to find any liposomal C that doesn't have lecithin and seed oils.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals