Headaches. Please Help

Greg says

Ok thanks man.

I had a headache from saturaday morning to monday morning last week. I lay on my bed the whole time pretty much. I get these a few times a year. last year i had one for two weeks none stop (when it started I also decided to stop tianeptine cold turkey which triggered the episode), behind the eyes, with fuzzy aura visuals, very painful. I think it is to do with Tianeptine. Same for me, tianeptine can help or make worse. I remember reading about serotonin rebound, but as someone brought to my attention Tianeptine being an SSRE has no affect on serotonin, so who knows... wiki says...

''The antidepressant tianeptine was once claimed to be a (selective) serotonin reuptake enhancer (SRE or SSRE), but the role of serotonin reuptake in its mechanism is doubtful. Tianeptine has no affinity for the serotonin transporter, neither increases nor decreases extracellular levels of serotonin in cortico-limbicstructures of conscious rats, and it didn't show any other long-term effect on the serotonin pathway.[1] Thus, tianeptine's role as an SSRE may have been the coincidence of a yet unknown mechanism of action.''

Any way, minocyline, cascara, and charcoal helped also. Sleep is usually the key factor that helps as the inflamed capillaries can subside. This didn't help last week though. Tension is also another factor, resting under a hot shower relaxes my head. Or weed releases the tension.

My sister has suffered terrible headaches her whole adult life and has just been prescribed propranolol and swears by it, never had a headache since.

Since last Sunday I stopped Tianeptine (still experiencing fragmented sleep, and the first three days intense restless leg in bed). I will use again but feel the need for a break (been taking since November last year).

Greg says

Hi @Makrosky, in addition to the great responses above, I would agree with high Serotonin. I have found 1500mgs of lysine and Aspirin to be stellar in this sort of situation.

Also, I would do the legs up the wall Pose with weight on forehead like a bag of rice. If still feeling rotten tag me again and I will post a few more yoga poses that I would use.

View attachment 5967
I do this pose everyday, not for headaches per se but because it just feels good.

OP
Makrosky

Makrosky

I had a headache from saturaday morning to monday morning last week. I lay on my bed the whole time pretty much. I get these a few times a year. last year i had one for two weeks none stop (when it started I also decided to stop tianeptine cold turkey which triggered the episode), behind the eyes, with fuzzy aura visuals, very painful. I think it is to do with Tianeptine. Same for me, tianeptine can help or make worse. I remember reading about serotonin rebound, but as someone brought to my attention Tianeptine being an SSRE has no affect on serotonin, so who knows... wiki says...

''The antidepressant tianeptine was once claimed to be a (selective) serotonin reuptake enhancer (SRE or SSRE), but the role of serotonin reuptake in its mechanism is doubtful. Tianeptine has no affinity for the serotonin transporter, neither increases nor decreases extracellular levels of serotonin in cortico-limbicstructures of conscious rats, and it didn't show any other long-term effect on the serotonin pathway.[1] Thus, tianeptine's role as an SSRE may have been the coincidence of a yet unknown mechanism of action.''

Any way, minocyline, cascara, and charcoal helped also. Sleep is usually the key factor that helps as the inflamed capillaries can subside. This didn't help last week though. Tension is also another factor, resting under a hot shower relaxes my head. Or weed releases the tension.

My sister has suffered terrible headaches her whole adult life and has just been prescribed propranolol and swears by it, never had a headache since.

Since last Sunday I stopped Tianeptine (still experiencing fragmented sleep, and the first three days intense restless leg in bed). I will use again but feel the need for a break (been taking since November last year).

Greg, thanks! By the way... propranolol... that's for hipertension. She had hipertension ?

L

lollipop

I do this pose everyday, not for headaches per se but because it just feels good.
Awesome @Greg says - if you put a weight on the forehead and eyes (more weight in forehead) it can help lesson the intensity of the headache. I have used 10lb sandbag (not sure in kilos how much) and I have also used a 25lb round weight with one side on forehead and one side supported & propped up with a block or blanket against the top of the head to keep it in place. Good feeling.

Aidin91

I am really sorry that you had this kind of headache.
but it sounds very similar to my headache.I am suffering from it for 16 years since I was 8-9 years old.but the frequency is rising.
As far as I know the trigger is mainly anxiety or anything that makes you stressed and the pain origin is related to muscles that connect your shoulder to your neck. I think the best is to massage those muscles every day and avoid all kind of stress triggering events in your life.
also taurine and gelatin in the supplements helped me a little bit and I get great result from prozac
I hope you be better anytime soon

tara

I am worried I could have contracted Lyme disease or something like that because I was bitten by a tick on June 13 of this year. ****, that really scares me A LOT. I live in a country where I don't have access to very detailed Lyme tests, only IgG and IgM in blood. I'm gonna ask my GP tomorrow to do those ASAP.
If it is Lyme/borrelia, it's bacterial. In which case antibiotics can make a difference if you get them soon enough. I don't know how soon that has to be. Good idea to ask dr, IMO. Did you get the classic red rash? Lyme disease - Wikipedia

You are not over- or underhydrated?

If you are constipated, I second dealing with that - carrot salad and/or cascara sagrada to help move it on.

Amazoniac

Hi guys,

I have been having headaches for the past 15 days. Every day. At first it was only in the morning but now it's all day long. It's not the kind of migraine pain, it's low level constant aches. Also I find it difficult to concentrate. Like I'm a bit disoriented. I never had these kind of headaches. When I was more hypo/serotonindriven I had headaches but not similar to these.

I haven't changed anything in diet or supps. I am getting plenty of sunlight. In fact I haven't changed anything of what worked before.

I am worried I could have contracted Lyme disease or something like that because I was bitten by a tick on June 13 of this year. ****, that really scares me A LOT. I live in a country where I don't have access to very detailed Lyme tests, only IgG and IgM in blood. I'm gonna ask my GP tomorrow to do those ASAP.

My temp right now is 37ºC (0.2-0.3 more than normal) and pulse is 72 bpm. By the way I ran some blood tests for something else not related to this (work) and TSH came at 0.8 so it's pretty good.

Things I've thought about besides Lyme :
- Sudden intolerance to gluten ? I haven't had problems with it never
- Sudden intolerance to dairy ? We all know it's kind of absurd.
- Endotoxin ? I haven't changed diet and I don't have symptoms like gas or bloated belly or anything
- I was using Pansterone and K on balls for experimentation a few weeks ago but stopped. Could this be some downregulation or something ?
- Strong EMF where I live now (changed flat recently) or something like that ?
- Psychosomathic because of having a really depressive flatmate ?

Please help! I'm starting to get worried :-(

@haidut @TubZy @Giraffe @lisaferraro @Amazoniac @Such_Saturation @DaveFoster
The only times I get headaches is when I ingest excess calcium in relation to what I can handle, but how much I can handle varies a lot. And also when I realize that I forgot to celebrate Tarmander's life every 8th day of the month.
Changes can be taxing and can increase the requirements for nutrients until you stabilize the situation. Our priest mentioned adequate protein, fat-soluble vitamins, magnesium and the suggested aspirin to avoid problems with calcium.
Andrew Kim discussed a long time ago how calcium affects vit E, and on Ray's article about calcium going awry he also reminded that aspirin has similar effects to vit E.

--
Committee on Military Nutrition Research - NCBI Bookshelf

Last edited:
OP
Makrosky

Makrosky

I am really sorry that you had this kind of headache.
but it sounds very similar to my headache.I am suffering from it for 16 years since I was 8-9 years old.but the frequency is rising.
As far as I know the trigger is mainly anxiety or anything that makes you stressed and the pain origin is related to muscles that connect your shoulder to your neck. I think the best is to massage those muscles every day and avoid all kind of stress triggering events in your life.
also taurine and gelatin in the supplements helped me a little bit and I get great result from prozac
I hope you be better anytime soon
Thanks for your answer. I will try a massage yes. I don't have nor more nor less anxiety than normal. IN fact I have had more anxiety in other periods of my life. So I doubt it's that!

OP
Makrosky

Makrosky

If it is Lyme/borrelia, it's bacterial. In which case antibiotics can make a difference if you get them soon enough. I don't know how soon that has to be. Good idea to ask dr, IMO. Did you get the classic red rash? Lyme disease - Wikipedia

You are not over- or underhydrated?

If you are constipated, I second dealing with that - carrot salad and/or cascara sagrada to help move it on.
Hey tara, thanks for answering.

I don't think I'm over-under hydrated. I drink to taste just as always. And I'm not constipated, I get at least 1 BM per day. Some people would consider that constipation but really... I have had periods of more constipation.

Yeah I looked for the classical red rash and I never got it. The bite was in a visible part of my body so I would have noticed it. However apparently not everybody develops the red rash. A decent percentage of people never develops the rash.

I'll ask the Dr this afternoon but it's just a small town GP I'm not sure he'll be very supportive of these things.

Tarmander

The only times I get headaches is when I ingest excess calcium in relation to what I can handle, but how much I can handle varies a lot. And also when I realize that I forgot to celebrate Tarmander's life every 8th day of the month.
Changes can be taxing and can increase the requirements for nutrients until you stabilize the situation. Our priest mentioned adequate protein, fat-soluble vitamins, magnesium and the suggested aspirin to avoid problems with calcium.
Andrew Kim discussed a long time ago how calcium affects vit E, and on Ray's article about calcium going awry he also reminded that aspirin has similar effects to vit E.

--
Committee on Military Nutrition Research - NCBI Bookshelf
That's what happens when you slack in your devotion!

@Makrosky Sudden onset of headache...hierarchy of things to check: Environmental change first. Did a cell tower go up? New Smart meter? Bug spraying nearby? Look at everything environmental.

Then look at food changes in the same way. Did something go out of season, something come into season? Are you eating more or less of a headache food. Broth is one people do not think about. Check out Glutamate intake...just changing something from one brand to another can introduce some flavors or something that have a lot of glutamate in it.

Lastly, start down the supplement route to try and change it if you can't find it.

Xisca

Thanks for your answer. I will try a massage yes. I don't have nor more nor less anxiety than normal. IN fact I have had more anxiety in other periods of my life. So I doubt it's that!
Only very very slow! Whatever the cause, headache comes from tight jugular foramen. BUT streching those muscles triggers a reflex contraction!
So no pain and better if the massage makes you sleepy.

Also can try mint oil on temporales
Mind the eyes.
Very refreshing.
You can also take 1drop with meals.
Minta piperita in latin!

OP
Makrosky

Makrosky

That's what happens when you slack in your devotion!

@Makrosky Sudden onset of headache...hierarchy of things to check: Environmental change first. Did a cell tower go up? New Smart meter? Bug spraying nearby? Look at everything environmental.

Then look at food changes in the same way. Did something go out of season, something come into season? Are you eating more or less of a headache food. Broth is one people do not think about. Check out Glutamate intake...just changing something from one brand to another can introduce some flavors or something that have a lot of glutamate in it.

Lastly, start down the supplement route to try and change it if you can't find it.
Thanks Tarmander. I will check those.

Regarding food or supps...really...nothing has changed.

What worries me most is not just the headaches but the spacedout feeling and short memory problems, like I have a flu. It's not very severe yet but it's becoming worse as days pass by.

theLaw

You could dose 1/2-1T of sugar/fructose powder/honey each hour on the hour to see of it's a blood sugar issue.:confused:

Diokine

I've associated the cold water cravings with pituitary involvement and increased prolactin. Your other symptoms seem to point that direction as well. Suspect circadian disruption (sleep/meal timing) and gut problems. Pro-dopamine/anti-serotonin measures should help. Low dose nicotine will probably be very effective short term. One bowel movement per day may indicate sluggish transit and could be the main source of issue.

L

lollipop

I've associated the cold water cravings with pituitary involvement and increased prolactin. Your other symptoms seem to point that direction as well. Suspect circadian disruption (sleep/meal timing) and gut problems. Pro-dopamine/anti-serotonin measures should help. Low dose nicotine will probably be very effective short term. One bowel movement per day may indicate sluggish transit and could be the main source of issue.
Interesting @Diokine. Thank you for posting this.

OP
Makrosky

Makrosky

Hmmm.... Why such a sudden increase in prolactin ? I haven't changed anything. I have had other times in my life with more "distorted" circacidan disruption without affecting me.

Anyway I think aspirin is helping right now. I'm taking two 500mg tablets daily.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals