Headaches - What Has Helped?

I would love to know what you did.

I used to get bad headaches in my left temple and a whole body feeling, after exercising vigorously, but only a day or so after, just when my muscles were most sore.

But now I get those same headaches quite often. Like every few days even.

They got better temporarily when I started the Peat type diet.

But they're still happening.

I take aspirin and usually it goes away although the malaise feeling in the whole body does not go away until the headache subsides.

Sometimes, it is really bad, and even aspirin or ibuprofen doesn't work that well.

I went months without taking anything, by practicing Open Focus which I recommend, but it doesn't really take them away.

I wonder if I should start bromocriptine or cypro. I have a theory it's tied into serotonin.

Carrot sometimes gives me the headaches. I thought they may be connected with psyllium fiber which I was taking for 20 years, but stopped taking. But that hasn't taken them away. They are a little better these days though they still happen.

Longest I've gone without a headache is 3 weeks, after starting Peat diet, when I was eating no starch at all.

lindsay

I have started getting headaches lately - not migraines, but really annoying sinus pain, nausea, and really just discomfort. I have never really experienced this much, but because of the nausea, I would attribute it to serotonin and histamine. It's prime allergy season right now too, which has made them worse. Also, they tend to happen when the overcast skies roll in. I have bad sinuses due to a narrow bent ear canal - apparently, I was prone to ear infections as a child. I've actually thought about going to a doctor recently to see if I have a mild ear infection - either I need Cypro or I need antibiotics. But really, I never used to get this when I took Cynoplus :( I just ordered Novotiral from Mexico and hoping it will be a good replacement. I hate taking thyroid supps, but I need to be able to function for work, so if that's what works......

OP
ecstatichamster
allergies are TERRIBLE where I live in the Spring (now), and I find l-theanine is amazing, much better than anything else I've ever taken, better than any antihistamine. But it doesn't get rid of the headaches, but it may help your allergies @lindsay

does asprin get rid of those headaches?

lindsay

allergies are TERRIBLE where I live in the Spring (now), and I find l-theanine is amazing, much better than anything else I've ever taken, better than any antihistamine. But it doesn't get rid of the headaches, but it may help your allergies @lindsay

does asprin get rid of those headaches?

Oooh! What brand of L-Theanine do you use? I will have to buy some! I think I have a slight infection though - my ears feel pressure, which they do not normally. Half doses of Benadryl help slightly, but the only thing that kicks a headache is clearing whatever is causing nausea in the gut. I had issues yesterday and I took three charcoal throughout the day, ate liver and finally it passed by the evening. Sometimes two advil help. Aspirin doesn't do anything for me. I wish it did. I find Advil works much better for inflammation in general, but I try not to take it unless I am miserable.

Sometimes a couple of drops of ginger oil helps, as it calms the nausea - I finally resorted to that yesterday and it worked great.

OP
ecstatichamster
Oooh! What brand of L-Theanine do you use? I will have to buy some! I think I have a slight infection though - my ears feel pressure, which they do not normally. Half doses of Benadryl help slightly, but the only thing that kicks a headache is clearing whatever is causing nausea in the gut. I had issues yesterday and I took three charcoal throughout the day, ate liver and finally it passed by the evening. Sometimes two advil help. Aspirin doesn't do anything for me. I wish it did. I find Advil works much better for inflammation in general, but I try not to take it unless I am miserable.

Sometimes a couple of drops of ginger oil helps, as it calms the nausea - I finally resorted to that yesterday and it worked great.

okay, so I was using Liftmode but I just bought some other l-theanine from Purebulk which I'll be trying. I am running out of Liftmode. It's awesome though.

Infection -- what I do is take large amounts of D and A and some E, like 50,000 units of D and 50,000 of E, 2 or 3 times in a day, then the next day, and I find this really helps get rid of infections, if it IS an infection. Allergies cause this EXACT same feeling though, and probably are tied to increasing the inflammation of the tight junctions leading to endotoxins, so there may be NO infection. Probably isn't. I've had this exact sort of trade-off between thinking it's infection, and it's allergies/endotoxins.

lindsay

okay, so I was using Liftmode but I just bought some other l-theanine from Purebulk which I'll be trying. I am running out of Liftmode. It's awesome though.

Infection -- what I do is take large amounts of D and A and some E, like 50,000 units of D and 50,000 of E, 2 or 3 times in a day, then the next day, and I find this really helps get rid of infections, if it IS an infection. Allergies cause this EXACT same feeling though, and probably are tied to increasing the inflammation of the tight junctions leading to endotoxins, so there may be NO infection. Probably isn't. I've had this exact sort of trade-off between thinking it's infection, and it's allergies/endotoxins.

Thanks for the info.! Does L-Theanine make you sleepy like antihistamines? Or just relaxed?

That's interesting about using the fat solubles - I think I would be scared to take so much in one day!! For what it's worth, today I took 3 enteric coated baby aspirin and 3 drops of Nascent iodine and I feel much better. My slight nausea went away and my nose started to release phlegm. I still think Iodine has a place - I was taking it daily all winter and I never got sick and had a lot of energy. It seemed to work like super T3 for me. But then I listened to the RP Iodine interview and read the studies he sent me and stopped taking it. I felt better taking the stuff. I think there's definitely something to incorporating iodine into the routine (with Selenium) for short amounts of time.