Can improving overall health affect personality/narcissism?

jnklheimer

The problem is that those people (narcissistic) have to take very simple decisions to have it reasonably good in life, but instead they are running around making everyone they touch unhappy and miserable. It looks like they are very stupid. And very nasty. And greedy.
They are very stupid. The person with narcissistic traits who I know treats his family members pretty badly on an emotional level. Then when they blow up at him and he can’t handle the stress of being yelled at after the target of his abuse has had enough, he will whine and ask nobody in particular what he has to do to get relief.

Now that I recognize that this person feeds off the conflict and gives meaning to his life via the negative emotions he conjures up, I do a better job of not being triggered by their stupidity.

PolishSun

Maybe those are stupid people who have no strong leader ? Because dogs become nasty if there is no strong pack leader sometimes.

LucyL

Well now I know. The person that I helped is feasting on organic fruit, wild shrimp and litres of goat milk kefir while they feed their partner with debilitating inflammatory condition non organic frozen Mexican bean mix fried in sunflower oil. It’s disgusting.
Why do they feed their partner that? Is it an intention to keep the person sickly? Or is that all the partner will eat?

OP
U

ursidae

Why do they feed their partner that? Is it an intention to keep the person sickly? Or is that all the partner will eat?
It’s not all the partner will eat. I suspect they’re indifferent and they don’t purposely want to make them sick, but they don’t want to put in the effort even though they know it’s inflammatory and it’s cheaper even though money isn’t at all an issue. They do like the idea of being healthier than/outliving everyone else.

Jessie

Narcissism isn't a pathology, so if you take a narcissist, and make them healthy with lifestyle alterations, it will just mean they feel even better. Which wouldn't result in them treating others better, lol. There's just morally corrupt and generally bad people in the world, and from a pathological standpoint nothing is wrong with them.

One thing I do find that's interesting is that a neuroscientist, James Fallon, presents a hypothesis that psychopaths (little different from narcissist, but there's overlap) are saturated with an over abundance of serotonin while they're still in the wombs of their mother. It makes me wonder what large dosages of a serotonin antagonist might do to them.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom