How Can I Become More Mentally Strong?

J

James IV

A lot of sunlight and being outside in general. Spend your entire days outside if you can. Also having proper neurostroid profile, gut health, and mitochondria health is an absolute must. Collagen (or glycine) can improve neurostroid profile, cascara sagrada can improve gut health, and for improved mitochondria health vitamin k2 is a favorite of mine.

This is all good advice. Also staying well fed creates confidence.

Ideonaut

Story of my life, I learned there's no cure for that, only alcohol to forget. Sorry I can't help.
Just because you didn't find a cure doesn't mean there is no cure. Maybe shorinji kempo https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shorinji_Kempo or something like that. It includes training in mental toughness. Alcohol is a non-Peaty, anti-solution, in my opinion. Go to a good hypnotist, meditate, do EST, join the marines; there are lots of ways to increase mental toughness.

Frankdee20

Just because you didn't find a cure doesn't mean there is no cure. Maybe shorinji kempo https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shorinji_Kempo or something like that. It includes training in mental toughness. Alcohol is a non-Peaty, anti-solution, in my opinion. Go to a good hypnotist, meditate, do EST, join the marines; there are lots of ways to increase mental toughness.

Theoretically yes, but I live within a schematic of existential futility

Waynish

Do you realize you've made a post about how to become mentally strong without including any of the practices you've done to try this. Have you done any mental training that you believe causes mental strength, or do you believe that you have no idea what causes it?

opethfeldt

Keep serotonin low, keep estrogen balanced (not too high or low) and increase androgens. That will all help make you mentally resistant to mental and physical stress. Basically, follow all the advice given on this forum.

Wagner83

Keep serotonin low, keep estrogen balanced (not too high or low) and increase androgens. That will all help make you mentally resistant to mental and physical stress. Basically, follow all the advice given on this forum.
So given what you experienced that means supplement with 11-keto-dht, androsterone, pansterone , I would not say that what you did to temporarily improve your health is what is generally recommended around here. Achieving those goals without those supplements is much harder and who knows , maybe not possible for some.

opethfeldt

So given what you experienced that means supplement with 11-keto-dht, androsterone, pansterone , I would not say that what you did to temporarily improve your health is what is generally recommended around here. Achieving those goals without those supplements is much harder and who knows , maybe not possible for some.
I did most of the generally recommended stuff here and only noticed progress from supplements that increase androgens. It just happened to be my personal issue. I had similarly lacking mental strength as the OP and found I made progress with things like Pansterone. I think that some of us, especially those with bad childhoods, may not be able to produce high androgens naturally.

Frankdee20

Your probably right, steroids are much more powerful than regular nutraceuticals. Awaiting my labs to see if I've made progress. I'm 37, and walking around this Earth with a 410 Testosterone. Absurd ! I don't understand how I don't have a vagina.

Badger

Looks like becoming mentally strong is an uphill battle:

Western IQs drop by 14 points in last century, study says
Western IQs drop by 14 points in last century, study says
"It’s not just you. People really are getting dumber, according to a new study. Research published online in the journal Intelligence on Thursday claims the IQ of people in Western nations has fallen by an average of 14.1 points over the past century."

They mention a drug that can add brain cells: "A new study shows that a diabetes drug helps to regrow brain cells in humans." But what it is is no mentioned in abstract.

Interesting quote from abstract: "Previous research has found that women of higher intelligence are having fewer children, meaning women of lower intelligence are driving population growth, according to the study."

Last edited:

Badger

No mention of brain-cell-adding diabetes drug in attached article mentioned above.

Attachments

• Were the Victorians cleverer than us The decline in general intelligence.pdf
    276 KB · Views: 2

Thoushant

Also, you're projecting your own problems on others. I do the same thing. You can make it through the whole day without having negative, hateful, and intrusive thoughts, but a healthy physiological state would be a prerequisite.
This

Make a journal, write bulletpoints of what specifically happend and what thought came about.

Now imagine what an average stranger's response would be in the situation. You can imagine several no problem.

Back to journal, you've uncovered you have a specific reaction, you can't possibly imagine other people would have.

Now you need to define your reaction, what specifically did you feel in that moment, don't be vague.
https://creativiteach.files.wordpress.com/2015/11/wheel-of-words.jpg
Review the emotion you have, did the situation reflect a guy being racist? or was it an old man that is distrustful in nature? Explanations are endless.
Ahh okay, so maybe whoever wasn't really racist, but maybe he is so worn out, he don't have compassion anymore, or he is hypoglycemic whatever.
Thank you emotion, you have defined where you values reside in life.
Set a goal for next time a smilair event happens around you, would you rather be disgusted by it, or choose to focus on being interested(or sarcastic..) in reasons for something happening.

Emotions often triggered by worldview and values you hold dear, But are you distorting current event to fit a narrative, challenge your narrative(EC/Concepts/distortions)
Emotional Competency - Appraisal
Emotional Competency - Life's guidance system
Emotional Competency - Concepts
Emotional Competency - Values

Lastly I would highly recommend this and her book:
https://karlamclaren.com/2013/03/07/understanding-multiple-emotions/

Constatine

I definitely think I have all this, but what can I do? I eat Peat and have tried everything to become more masculine. Maybe the 12% DHT would help?
Androgens would help but DHT is very hard on your metabolism and would require you to eat a whole lot of nutritious foods. I find that various quinones make me more masculine and increase mental endurance-resilience in general. Vitamin k2 and anything supported by William Koch helps.

Constatine

Hypnotists are a real thing? How do they work?
Hypnosis is a real thing. It normally starts by relaxing you and slowly opening you up to the possibility of suggestions. From there a hypnotist can provide suggestions that a person will either take or refuse depending on his/her level of openness or willingness. It can be useful for some, but people who alanyze everything will find it difficult to fall into hypnosis.

it's behavior that changes behavior.

There are supporting players, but behavior is the key to changing behavior.

InChristAlone

How often do you go on Facebook? How often do you speak your truth even if you might be criticized for it?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals