Is Progesterone the reason that women gravitate more towards mentally-stimulating/abstract subjects moreso than men ?

JamesGatz

I notice when my progesterone is high I become a lot better with art - my art that I do when I am high Progesterone/somewhat high DHT vs just high DHT is light-years different - there is a lot more attention to detail and it feels like my mind is generally more abstract - I notice that Dr. Peat seems to be quiet the artist himself and he seems to have my dream job - something stimulating that you care about that you can do on your computer while still making a lot of money

25b.jpg

Interestingly enough - the girls in my family - many are artists and seem to be or better than me - when I worked in a school I would notice on my assignments the girls were usually more visually-focused (i.e. their work was generally a lot more interesting to look at where the guy assignments looked like it was done like if they didn't care) on the assignments and I was thinking of this in the context that in the real world women tend to have much higher progesterone than men.

Interestingly enough - when I am high progesterone I do not like/want to work a real job whatsoever and dislike putting in much effort in doing any physical activity and only focusing on mentally-stimulating activities - I am thinking of the most ideal jobs for one that is peating and I am thinking maybe something that puts to use these abstract concepts while also working for themselves - but I am also thinking -

Is progesterone the main reason that women seem to gravitate towards subjects/jobs that are more focused on mental stimulation/abstraction rather than physical work ?

I noticed back in college women's majors were almost always mentally-focused subjects (such as communications/graphic art/psychology) and that the men were focused on (mathematics/engineering/etc) -

college-majors-by-gender.jpg

I am thinking is progesterone the main driver here in influencing on what your mind is generally interested in focusing on ?

When I am high progesterone I have a heavy interest in creating art or something that is creative/abstract in general

T

TheBeard

Any amount of progesterone makes me apathetic, lazy, and bitter.
The opposite of a creative mind.

K

Kayaker

I notice when my progesterone is high I become a lot better with art - my art that I do when I am high Progesterone/somewhat high DHT vs just high DHT is light-years different - there is a lot more attention to detail and it feels like my mind is generally more abstract - I notice that Dr. Peat seems to be quiet the artist himself and he seems to have my dream job - something stimulating that you care about that you can do on your computer while still making a lot of money
Artists are financially poor.
Interestingly enough - the girls in my family - many are artists and seem to be or better than me - when I worked in a school I would notice on my assignments the girls were usually more visually-focused (i.e. their work was generally a lot more interesting to look at where the guy assignments looked like it was done like if they didn't care) on the assignments and I was thinking of this in the context that in the real world women tend to have much higher progesterone than men.
Women care more about appearance in general, which includes fashion.
Interestingly enough - when I am high progesterone I do not like/want to work a real job whatsoever and dislike putting in much effort in doing any physical activity and only focusing on mentally-stimulating activities - I am thinking of the most ideal jobs for one that is peating and I am thinking maybe something that puts to use these abstract concepts while also working for themselves - but I am also thinking -
Half of the population are women, and most of the remaining population have low DHT as well. So it's wiser to invest in what others can't. As Peat said, "Progesterone is not a male hormone".
Is progesterone the main reason that women seem to gravitate towards subjects/jobs that are more focused on mental stimulation/abstraction rather than physical work ?
Women have weaker bodies, so physical work is harder for them.
I noticed back in college women's majors were almost always mentally-focused subjects (such as communications/graphic art/psychology) and that the men were focused on (mathematics/engineering/etc)
Women are more likely to be feelers (in MBTI) than men, who are more likely to be thinkers.
I am thinking is progesterone the main driver here in influencing on what your mind is generally interested in focusing on ?

When I am high progesterone I have a heavy interest in creating art or something that is creative/abstract in general
Math is as abstract as it gets.

johnwester130

View attachment 30736

I noticed back in college women's majors were almost always mentally-focused subjects (such as communications/graphic art/psychology) and that the men were focused on (mathematics/engineering/etc) -

View attachment 30737

Ray Peat's awareness of society and how it functions is also incredibly high, is this also progesterone?

Nomane Euger

Ray Peat's awareness of society and how it functions is also incredibly high, is this also progesterone?
in a high energy low serotonin associated state,you care way less about other djugements,"god"judgment,you realise how maleable are your own tendencies,thoughts,behaviors,you are way less driven by fear,shame,guitiness,worrying about others djugement,you have way better intuitions,better perception,better reasoning and the fruits of your reasonings are more relevant,you realise your own "nature",you realise others"nature"we are all the same in most aspects.
a high energy high progesterone low serotonin associated state,the one i experienced,it increased my sensitivity and empathy drastically to the highest degree i have experienced,both give you new perspectives on everything including society,higher androgens low serotonin associated state make you more "pragmatic" less sensitive,still aware,some degree E2/Serotonin associated characteristics increase your agression/violences tendencies(can still be enjoyable) still aware.

low energy high serotonin relative to other hormones i mentionned associated state,you are not aware,others judgments,"god"judgment,fear,shame drastically influence your thoughts and reasonings independently of your will,you acessory have some degree of "grandiose delusion" feeling that you are special,that you have something special to bring to this word,you are delusional about many things,including your impact on others,the perceptions that others have about you,you have very little empathy to 0,your intuitions and perceptions are mediocre,you are vunerable to theories/claims/perspectives from others whever health,religions,"science" with out even realising how negative they can be for you and others specifically when it comes from someone that you consider a higher authority than you,and you experience negative feelings way more than other states

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals