Energin - Custom, Liquid Dietary Supplement With B Vitamins

Discussion in 'IdeaLabs' started by haidut, May 14, 2014.

1. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Well, I try to make a supplement that would meet daily needs. For crazy megadosing, individual vitamins will probably have to be bought as that is not something most people are interested in.

2. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Thanks, noted. If you feel like being brave again, I would repeat that experiment and only use B2 as it is supposed to antagonize endotoxin.

3. Lucenzo01

Lucenzo01 Member

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I'm interested in megadose B1 and B2. Not too crazy but looking at the studies you posted higher doses are maybe needed.

4. Lucenzo01

Lucenzo01 Member

What about using energyn on scrotum? No homo.

5. japanesedude

japanesedude Member

6. skominac

skominac Member

That is A LOT of Biotin. In fact, it is over 30 times the RDA, which is 0.03 mg. Biotin is a wonderful thing, but it is needed in trace, microgram amounts. Any more than RDA is just anti-androgen. Biotin is used to treat Androgenic Alopecia because it is anti-DHT in high amounts.
    I think 1 mg is good for MS and Diabetes patients. Also, as @haidut pointed out Biotin is one of the B vitamins that has a tendency to accumulate, so taking 1 mg daily for months is probably more anti-androgen than anything else. @haidut, is it even possible to have an amount smaller than 1 mg in a supplement? 1 mg is the smallest amount I have seen among supplements. Something like 0.20 mg would be awesome.

7. johnwester130

johnwester130 Member

8. johnwester130

johnwester130 Member

9. paracelsus

paracelsus New Member

Personal anecdote - my morning commute always feels a little stressful, and I'm easily agitated. I noticed energin in the morning with coffee, milk and sugar (sometimes gelatin) has helped with this. I generally feel less anxious at work too. I come from a habit of undereating though, probably has something to do with that. I think energin with meals helps me take in more calories effectively.

10. Amazoniac

Amazoniac Member

@haidut - why do you think that in all of the vitamins tested the animals fared better with oral supplementation? Wasn't the dose enough to match the oral? Liver stores and distributes better? Good thing is that oral and topical were from supplements, so it's not a matter of foods being compared to purified nutrients.

11. johnwester130

johnwester130 Member

why not use NADH ?

"This is a naturally occurring molecule found throughout the human body. It is a coenzyme involved in the manufacture of energy in the Krebs or citric acid cycle. NADH is an important electron carrier. Niacin (nicotinic acid) is converted to niacinamide, which is converted in the body to NAD. When NAD+ picks up 2 hydrogen electrons it makes NADH. NADH has a special role generating ATP (energy) through the oxidation of food molecules."

12. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Because NADH is the reduced version. Every person with a health issue (except pellagra) has too much NADH and not enough NAD. We have mentioned the NAD/NADH ration as a health indicator quite a few times on this forum. It is NAD that we need and not NADH. But NAD is unstable in solution so a precursor like niacinamide is needed. Another option would be take methylene blue whith reoxidizes NADH back to NAD.

13. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

It was probably from improved liver function. Oral vitamins preferentially target the liver.

14. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Excellent, thanks for sharing!

15. Salmonamb

Salmonamb New Member

How much of each ingredient is in Energin? Should I look at the photo on the website, or at the description info on page 1?