Low Toxin Videos Dr. David Stephens presentation

Peater

went to a family gathering of my husband’s family today and normally I get bad social anxiety in situations with tons of people. Sugar and coffee make that anxiety 100 times worse. Today I noticed I was completely at ease, didn’t feel self conscious, was socializing comfortably. I had zero adrenaline dumps. I was sipping my dextrose all day. Thats HUGE for me.
Really pleased for you! Thanks for the information about dextrose too. Hopefully we can start to build up a new area of knowledge here.

Hidden49

I've been getting pancreas pain since taking the dextrose, seems to be when I eat eggs or meat and in the gaps where I'm not taking the dextrose, I wasn't have any bad reactions to eggs before the dextrose and I've been eating them for a year so maybe it does slow down ALDH. Or it could be to do with the dextrose messing with my pancreas function as now my body is using glucose in a different way.

purple pill

I've been getting pancreas pain since taking the dextrose, seems to be when I eat eggs or meat and in the gaps where I'm not taking the dextrose, I wasn't have any bad reactions to eggs before the dextrose and I've been eating them for a year so maybe it does slow down ALDH. Or it could be to do with the dextrose messing with my pancreas function as now my body is using glucose in a different way.
What's you're dosing? I think it better to trust your sweet tooth on this one and go slow if you're body/brain isnt asking for it. I'm kinda treating it the same way I treat salt....salt to taste.

purple pill

Just an example of this....usually 50g in the morning is good for me, this morning however I ended up taking double, sure I could've taken more without issue tbh

lilrawhoney

Forum Supporter
Dr. Smith basically wrote in his usual manner:

"I think it is a mistake. Everything I'm finding indirectly suggests that the presence of excess glucose SLOWS ALDH, and therefore would slow bile production, and therefore would cause a Duration Paradox effect ("it feels so helpful and so amazing!!!"...just like a drug effect maybe? no one's ever made themselves feel better for a short time with SUGAR before, have they? that's SARCASM)"

Also "Make sure to blame Dr. Stephens and anyone else promoting this when it doesn't work out. Do not blame me. I will not hide my irritation when people come to me with problems after this nonsense. I am not surprised that Amanda Ross is involved with this at all. Until you realize I'm right, enjoy your slightly less sweet sugar."

He is stuck in some kind of program where he sees everyone else as dumb patients and himself as the wise doc that has to do the decisions. While his community has evolved into a mutual sharing of knowledge and information on equal levels, and he can't deal with that.

He also said he does not trust Dr. Stephens at all and that there are forces that are trying to corrupt the movement and destroy it from within.

He provided no evidence and just stated his opinion that it's not part of his program.

Lia Miller has collected several anecdotes from people who got healed permanently with this.

Thor wrote:

"I would say anyone who is afraid should not be doing it. They should only do it if they are comfortable and if it’s worth the risk / reward for them.

I think this definitely falls under the “crutch” category Dr Garrett Smith talks about. And I don’t think everyone needs it. Just people that are having brain and cognitive issues. Those that had concussions and or a lot of trauma."

Will is also backtracking:

"To be fair, I did sort of start this fad, but all the evidence points to what you say here."

Concerning how they are bowing down to him. That's not how knowledge is advanced.

Will now tries to find evidence contrary to his experiences with meaningless biochemistry mumbo jumbo instead of focusing on the empirical evidence and functions of glucose:

View: https://x.com/Will_of_Europa/status/1802916190727074091

That's why I avoid the man. I do appreciate that he has a clear path for himself and draws a clear line though. The problem is when too many people follow this and don't diverge out of fear of making mistakes. You always make mistakes, no matter whether you follow someone else, or yourself.

I say this a lot, but I have made many mistakes when it comes to nutrition. However, through each one of those mistakes I have learned something very valuable about my own body and have collected a puzzle piece that is helping me put together the whole picture. Those mistakes have also taught me humility, which I’m thankful for. I think there is something to be learned from everyone, and it’s impossible for any one person to be 100% right. Experimentation is a valuable tool, even when it doesn’t turn out the way you think it will. I think there are many people stuck in Garrett’s program who aren’t making any progress, because they are afraid to trust their own intuition and do what’s best for their own bodies. I’m definitely not saying that’s all on Garret, because we all possess free will, but it really rubs me wrong when that’s the sort of mentality being promoted within a group.

lilrawhoney

Forum Supporter
What's your dosing? I think it better to trust your sweet tooth on this one and go slow if you're body/brain isnt asking for it. I'm kinda treating it the same way I treat salt....salt to taste.
Same!

I have a friend trying dextrose who said that 3 TBSP tastes overly sweet to her, but I can do 5 TBSP and it doesn’t taste super sweet to me. I also have a high need for salt though and my salt to taste is probably a bit higher than the averages person’s 😅

Hidden49

What's you're dosing? I think it better to trust your sweet tooth on this one and go slow if you're body/brain isnt asking for it. I'm kinda treating it the same way I treat salt....salt to taste.
Was taking like a teaspoon per dose 1 or 2 times a day, occasionally I think it was more like a tablespoon but I can't remember exactly. The thing is when I was taking it once per day I didn't feel like taking a second dose at all.

And Will of Europa the original dextrose promoter is now saying it slows down ALDH so I think I agree with him now.

Screenshot 2024-06-24 at 14.05.37.png

OP
M

mosaic01

Was taking like a teaspoon per dose 1 or 2 times a day, occasionally I think it was more like a tablespoon but I can't remember exactly. The thing is when I was taking it once per day I didn't feel like taking a second dose at all.

And Will of Europa the original dextrose promoter is now saying it slows down ALDH so I think I agree with him now.

View attachment 62657

He doesn't provide any evidence that it "slows down ALDH", which is just a knockout argument used in these circle for anything. He was called off by Dr. Smith and now tries to justify his way out.

Last edited:

purple pill

Same!

I have a friend trying dextrose who said that 3 TBSP tastes overly sweet to her, but I can do 5 TBSP and it doesn’t taste super sweet to me. I also have a high need for salt though and my salt to taste is probably a bit higher than the averages person’s 😅
😅 interesting, my salt needs are very high too, always get odd looks and comments when I'm going at it with the salt shaker lol.

Hidden49

He doesn't provide any evidence that it "slows down ALDH", which is just a knockout argument used in these circle for anything. He was called off by Dr. Smith and now tries to justify his way out.
Well I eat Vitamin A and now suddenly I'm getting pancreas pain from eating eggs since taking the dextrose which I wasn't getting before. Was also feeling constipated on some of the days from dextrose which I was never before.

I also experienced the pancreas pain when I first had bad Vitamin A toxicity and went on the low Vit A diet a couple of years ago.

OP
M

mosaic01

Well I eat Vitamin A and now suddenly I'm getting pancreas pain from eating eggs since taking the dextrose which I wasn't getting before. Was also feeling constipated on some of the days from dextrose which I was never before.

I also experienced the pancreas pain when I first had bad Vitamin A toxicity and went on the low Vit A diet a couple of years ago.

I don't disregard your negative experience. But just because you react negatively, you can't conclude that the problem is related to ALDH or any negative aspect of dextrose itself. These people aren't able to think scientifically. They just look up random biochemistry pathways and proclaim their ideas. We know from past studies that dextrose regenerates the liver, fills it with glycogen and protects against toxins.

Hidden49

I don't disregard your negativ experience. But just because you react negatively, you can't conclude that the problem is related to ALDH or any negative aspect of dextrose itself.
Yeah I can't say 100% but it's just a hunch of mine. Also despite the pancreas pain and fatigue I did feel extremely good from the dextrose at times and definitely felt like my brain has a glucose issue. There was one sauna session after the dextrose too where I felt incredible afterwards.

purple pill

That's a super low dose was expecting something crazy. A can of coke alone has like 1.5 tablespoons worth of glucose.

lilrawhoney

Forum Supporter

View attachment 62657
I’m not going to say they are wrong, because I don’t know at this point. But they all backpedaled after Garrett Smith came out and said he doesn’t support it, without any type of evidence to support that opinion. Slowing ALDH is the convenient excuse he uses for everything he tells people not to touch.

My autistic son who is currently on dextrose has had major snot and chest congestion the last couple days. He’s also having huge bowl movements right when he wakes every morning, and then several times throughout the day. I also can’t say it’s making him feel better right now, because he’s actual been slightly more irritable since taking it. It’s too soon to really say whether it’s having a negative or positive effect.

For me, I’ve felt better mentally, the quality and regularity of my bowel movements have improved, my appetite has increased and I’ve been eating huge meals (which is good for me, because I’m someone who is very thin). I’ve had some annoying post nasal drip and coughing up mucus since starting low VA and that hasn’t stopped since taking the dextrose, but hasn’t gotten worse either.

There are also plenty of people who don’t just feel better when they start taking it. Some feel worse at first. I truly don’t get that argument though. Meat makes feel exponentially better when I’m eating a lot of it. Is that a drug? Niacin makes certain people feel much better when they first start taking it and Garrett Smith is fine with that.

Anecdotal evidence is extremely valid and helpful, but one persons anecdotal evidence is also not enough to prove the exact mechanisms behind taking a certain substance.

lilrawhoney

Forum Supporter
😅 interesting, my salt needs are very high too, always get odd looks and comments when I'm going at it with the salt shaker lol.
Same 😂 When my husband cooks now he just hands me the salt shaker with my food because he knows I’m going to add a bunch more haha

If there are evident anecdotes of people getting better with any protocol, then our most optimistic option is to try it for ourselves and seek to achieve similar results.

If a protocol is bogus, then the health progress will stop sooner rather than later... and for further validation, if your state of health worsens when you stop a protocol to an even lower point than it was before you started said protocol, then it's safe to assume that protocol was putting your detox on hold and potentially making you store more poison during the time your symptoms were resolving/you were feeling better.

Throwing fingers at people for defending or promoting protocols is neither here nor there. One guy says eat 10 eggs, another guy says eat 1 egg, the third guy says eat no eggs. One of those suggestions is going to have a better outcome for you - the individual experiencing the egg consumption - than the others. Stick to the one that provides the greatest improvement of overall health and take it away for days or weeks at a time and observe where you're at without it.

The drama of, 'this guy doesn't use the words I like' and 'this guy is suggesting caution' is childish and irrelevant to the health outcome of what happens to you, RPF forum member. Take a suggestion, find out for yourself, please let everyone know how it goes, and leave it at that.

Catty gossip on the other hand, is less than productive... and if it makes you feel good to throw shade at people who are running their own health practice whom you've benefitted from because of their contributions, then you should evaluate what you value in life. Spite is not cool no matter how it's sliced.

Ephesians 4:26-27 (KJV)
[26] Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:
[27] Neither give place to the devil.

purple pill

Same 😂 When my husband cooks now he just hands me the salt shaker with my food because he knows I’m going to add a bunch more haha
😂😂 wish my wife would learn that trick, I get the eyes rolling everytime I ask for the salt because shes "already salted it" 😅

Hidden49

I’m not going to say they are wrong, because I don’t know at this point. But they all backpedaled after Garrett Smith came out and said he doesn’t support it, without any type of evidence to support that opinion. Slowing ALDH is the convenient excuse he uses for everything he tells people not to touch.

My autistic son who is currently on dextrose has had major snot and chest congestion the last couple days. He’s also having huge bowl movements right when he wakes every morning, and then several times throughout the day. I also can’t say it’s making him feel better right now, because he’s actual been slightly more irritable since taking it. It’s too soon to really say whether it’s having a negative or positive effect.

For me, I’ve felt better mentally, the quality and regularity of my bowel movements have improved, my appetite has increased and I’ve been eating huge meals (which is good for me, because I’m someone who is very thin). I’ve had some annoying post nasal drip and coughing up mucus since starting low VA and that hasn’t stopped since taking the dextrose, but hasn’t gotten worse either.

There are also plenty of people who don’t just feel better when they start taking it. Some feel worse at first. I truly don’t get that argument though. Meat makes feel exponentially better when I’m eating a lot of it. Is that a drug? Niacin makes certain people feel much better when they first start taking it and Garrett Smith is fine with that.

Anecdotal evidence is extremely valid and helpful, but one persons anecdotal evidence is also not enough to prove the exact mechanisms behind taking a certain substance.
Well autistic kids have major issues with pathogens so likely the dextrose is feeding something, I would be careful

Hidden49

That's a super low dose was expecting something crazy. A can of coke alone has like 1.5 tablespoons worth of glucose.
Well if I was to have a can of coke or ice cream they wouldn't give me pancreas pain afterwards so I guess it might be to do something with the dextrose going straight to my brain which then causes my pancreas to play up I'm not sure.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals