Low Toxin Videos Dr. David Stephens presentation

purple pill

I think it’s good for everyone to be cautious. Go slow and listen to your body is a good general rule for anything
. I think it’s his approach that really rubs me wrong. It’s never “this has validity, but he careful.” It’s always “Do it and then report back to me when you fail you idiot, I know you’ll come crawling back to me” and then some type of word vomit to defend what he’s saying, that often makes zero sense. And then it’s made even worse by the fact that he’s eventually started using many of the things he’s said this about.

My thoughts are the exact same as yours. Every cell in our bodies needs glucose to function and many people have trouble breaking down starches for glucose. Dextrose plus plenty of soluble fiber seems like a winning combo, but obviously time will tell.
He reminds me of Trump in lots of ways, i like trump, he cuts through alot of bull****, wrong about some things and cringe in a lot of ways but gets ***t done, I try not to take either of them too serious. But yeah soluble fiber and dextrose for the win!

DanDare

Forum Supporter
If anyone is in the LYL, did you see Dr. Garrett Smith’s post earlier? I try to like that guy, but I just can’t get over how he basically shoots down anything he didn’t come up with and acts like you are stupid scum for even considering it, without even attempting to fully research it himself. He did the same thing with niacin initially which is now a huge part of his program. His earlier livestreams were all about how stupid people who take niacin are and they were really going to hurt themselves and now look…

To add to this, I’ve always appreciated how in the RP forum it is assumed that the people coming here are just pretty intelligent, capable of doing their own research, and making decisions about what’s best for them. Even in my short time over in LYL, it seemed the opposite is assumed. That most people are complete dumbasses and will harm themselves if they don’t follow exactly what Dr. Smith says. Really rubs me the wrong way.

He does sounds like an angry Gym teacher scolding his class most of the time. I am guessing he gets a lot of really stupid questions and it gets really irritating.

lilrawhoney

Forum Supporter
He reminds me of Trump in lots of ways, i like trump, he cuts through alot of bull****, wrong about some things and cringe in a lot of ways but gets ***t done, I try not to take either of them too serious. But yeah soluble fiber and dextrose for the win!
Make soluble fiber great again!

lilrawhoney

Forum Supporter
He does sounds like an angry Gym teacher scolding his class most of the time. I am guessing he gets a lot of really stupid questions and it gets really irritating.
Very true. I sometimes hate how, in society, we are often forced to speak to the lowest common denominator and assume incompetency.

orangebear

Perhaps, but given the sheer number of stories about supposedly dumb people asking him dumb questions and how they all sound the same, I'm inclined to believe he makes some of them up.

lilrawhoney

Forum Supporter
Perhaps, but given the sheer number of stories about supposedly dumb people asking him dumb questions and how they all sound the same, I'm inclined to believe he makes some of them up.
And to this point, Ray Peat was probably asked plenty of dumb questions, yet he was kind and patient and didn’t treat the majority of people like they are complete idiots. The reason I didn’t look further into Low A five years ago is because I came across Garrett Smith and thought, “No way is something who is that angry all the time healthy.”

And to this point, Ray Peat was probably asked plenty of dumb questions, yet he was kind and patient and didn’t treat the majority of people like they are complete idiots. The reason I didn’t look further into Low A five years ago is because I came across Garrett Smith and thought, “No way is something who is that angry all the time healthy.”
It's easy to get caught up in self-inflicted emotional damage because of how someone is conducting themselves and speaking, but whatever potential value that might exist lies solely in what they are saying. Keeping a focus and experimenting with the principles a person is suggesting is where progress is made, for better or worse.

I for one heard Peat speaking and dismissed him on account of his voice for a number of months. I thought, "He sounds like broken glass and the conversations of coca-cola and antibiotics surround him. Yep, nothing to see here."

For Robert Morse I thought, "This guy is overweight and promotes fruit fasting. He must not be fruit fasting, then, therefore his advice is worthless."

For Paul Chek I thought, "This guy brags about himself and speaks boastfully about sex and money on every guest podcast he's on, what a turn-off. Because of this, all of his information is probably bogus."

After a while I tried to get over myself and actually practice the suggestions these men were making. I could write a similar line about every health speaker I've ever read or heard from.
Some suggestions are helpful, some are not, and even the helpful ones often became harmful at a point of excess... But the important part is to know and put the speaker to the test via personal experience before dismissing something (or all of) what they say.

I'm sure you already know this too, @lilrawhoney. The above is not intended to be a personal attack, but rather a public thought that stemmed from your comment.

Clyde

Mosaic01 was nice enough to post that the average glucose dose Dr Stephen uses is about 250 grams which is 1000 calories. But sometimes patients end up at adding 400 grams of glucose to their diet which is 1600 calories and he mentioned two cases people needing about 4000 calories.

I will gain weight taking in an extra 1000 calories of sugary liquid if I'm not careful. I think most people not tracking calories will gain at least some fat over 6 months of trying this protocol. (It's also worth mentioning that the doses Stephen ends up using will give large blood sugar spikes.)

I'm not saying it isn't worth trying but I'm not looking to gain weight right now so people in the same boat might want to track calories pretty carefully.

Krigeren

Mosaic01 was nice enough to post that the average glucose dose Dr Stephen uses is about 250 grams which is 1000 calories. But sometimes patients end up at adding 400 grams of glucose to their diet which is 1600 calories and he mentioned two cases people needing about 4000 calories.

I will gain weight taking in an extra 1000 calories of sugary liquid if I'm not careful. I think most people not tracking calories will gain at least some fat over 6 months of trying this protocol. (It's also worth mentioning that the doses Stephen ends up using will give large blood sugar spikes.)

I'm not saying it isn't worth trying but I'm not looking to gain weight right now so people in the same boat might want to track calories pretty carefully.

I posted this last night regarding my experience so far: Low Toxin Videos - Is your brain sugar deficient? with Dr. David Stephens. Also @mosaic01 has some great thoughts in here: Low Toxin Studies - The brain actively pulls out glucose from the blood.

You can always quit if you start to pile on the weight and/or don't feel good doing it. Dr Stephens work is really about healing the brain, I get the impression from listening to his interviews that the metabolic / liver / "detox" improvements are just along for the ride from his point of view.

Last edited:

lilrawhoney

Forum Supporter
It's easy to get caught up in self-inflicted emotional damage because of how someone is conducting themselves and speaking, but whatever potential value that might exist lies solely in what they are saying. Keeping a focus and experimenting with the principles a person is suggesting is where progress is made, for better or worse.

I for one heard Peat speaking and dismissed him on account of his voice for a number of months. I thought, "He sounds like broken glass and the conversations of coca-cola and antibiotics surround him. Yep, nothing to see here."

For Robert Morse I thought, "This guy is overweight and promotes fruit fasting. He must not be fruit fasting, then, therefore his advice is worthless."

For Paul Chek I thought, "This guy brags about himself and speaks boastfully about sex and money on every guest podcast he's on, what a turn-off. Because of this, all of his information is probably bogus."

After a while I tried to get over myself and actually practice the suggestions these men were making. I could write a similar line about every health speaker I've ever read or heard from.
Some suggestions are helpful, some are not, and even the helpful ones often became harmful at a point of excess... But the important part is to know and put the speaker to the test via personal experience before dismissing something (or all of) what they say.

I'm sure you already know this too, @lilrawhoney. The above is not intended to be a personal attack, but rather a public thought that stemmed from your comment.
Nope, totally agree with you! I was just explaining my line of thinking in the past and why I think a lot of people are dissuaded from that community. For what it’s worth, I’ve heard that Grant Genereux is a great guy. Very humble and all around nice person. I’m just not a big fan of Garrett at this point. He responded to my comments in LYL yesterday like a 5 year old throwing a tantrum, and then when I stood my ground in a respectful way he deleted his comments. After that, I got a lot of messages in my inbox from people saying they’ve had bad experiences with him. The guy clearly has some issues, however I still appreciate a lot of his work and it’s not going to change what I’m doing health wise, because I’ve seen lots of positive changes going low A and I appreciate Charlie, and other people on the RP forum (like you) for showing me the light with the things you’ve all shared.

lilrawhoney

Forum Supporter

Dr Stephens has certain people start on much smaller doses and then work their way up, and the protocol is meant to be relatively short lived for most people. Somewhere around 6 months. But I’m sure it’s something that won’t benefit everyone the same.

For me, I’ve been very thin my entire life even after 4 children. I’m not underweight at this point, but I can easily get there when I don’t pay attention to diet/calories. I believe the majority of issues I’ve had with my health stem from trauma I experienced as a child. When I was around 5 I actually developed a condition where I would pass out any time I was under stress and doctors had no answers for it. As an adult I still experience low blood sugar, disorientation, and feel faint when I’m under stress. My body would pump out adrenaline at the smallest stressor and I’ve always had symptoms of low cortisol. I’ve always had to eat lots of small meals throughout the day to prevent hypoglycemia. The last time I had my thyroid tested around 2 years ago, I had slightly elevated TSH and t4 on the lower end of normal, but reverse T3 was through the roof. Adding back beans and grains (lots of complex carbs) into my diet has already made a huge difference in how I feel. Dr Stephens work really spoke to me, because I feel like my body has been stuck in a state of fight or flight mode ever since I can remember. So for people with a similar history, this seems like it could be a Godsend, but time will tell.

OP
M

mosaic01

Does Dr. Stephens list in his book the pathologies he has cured or alleviated with glucose?

He is a bit vague and only says "depression, anxiety, concussions, diabetes, memory problems, seizures, attention problems, dementia, severe traumatic brain injuries, headaches and migraines, and many other things."

Krigeren

Dr Stephens has certain people start on much smaller doses and then work their way up, and the protocol is meant to be relatively short lived for most people. Somewhere around 6 months. But I’m sure it’s something that won’t benefit everyone the same.

For me, I’ve been very thin my entire life even after 4 children. I’m not underweight at this point, but I can easily get there when I don’t pay attention to diet/calories. I believe the majority of issues I’ve had with my health stem from trauma I experienced as a child. When I was around 5 I actually developed a condition where I would pass out any time I was under stress and doctors had no answers for it. As an adult I still experience low blood sugar, disorientation, and feel faint when I’m under stress. My body would pump out adrenaline at the smallest stressor and I’ve always had symptoms of low cortisol. I’ve always had to eat lots of small meals throughout the day to prevent hypoglycemia. The last time I had my thyroid tested around 2 years ago, I had slightly elevated TSH and t4 on the lower end of normal, but reverse T3 was through the roof. Adding back beans and grains (lots of complex carbs) into my diet has already made a huge difference in how I feel. Dr Stephens work really spoke to me, because I feel like my body has been stuck in a state of fight or flight mode ever since I can remember. So for people with a similar history, this seems like it could be a Godsend, but time will tell.

Same for me except the trauma was mostly (self-inflicted) physical I believe. But my personality / behavior (maybe in part due to the physical trauma) has lead to other mostly self-inflicted mental trauma as well. I'm finally starting to recognize this.

My brain seems to be operating on another level since starting the Dextrose, and I agree with starting low and slow. Never a bad idea.

ETA: Most of those symptoms regarding adrenaline and such are the same for me, except for my BG is high and I generally haven't had problems gaining or maintaining weight.

Last edited:

lilrawhoney

Forum Supporter
Same for me except the trauma was mostly (self-inflicted) physical I believe. But my personality / behavior (maybe in part due to the physical trauma) has lead to other mostly self-inflicted mental trauma as well. I'm finally starting to recognize this.

My brain seems to be operating on another level since starting the Dextrose, and I agree with starting low and slow. Never a bad idea.

ETA: Most of those symptoms regarding adrenaline and such are the same for me, except for my BG is high and I generally haven't had problems gaining or maintaining weight.
I’m sorry for what you went through. Self inflicted trauma is often the result of past trauma, even things we can’t remember. My mother died when I was an infant, which is the worst trauma a baby can go through and I believe that’s where it started for me, but I experienced a lot more trauma in my childhood as well. It sounds like you are making positive changes and that’s something to be proud of.

Poisoning obviously has a huge effect on our health, but I think so many downplay the profound effect trauma has on our physical health as well. I have long suspected that my one son’s autism has largely to do with the fact that he was born in the middle of the Covid scam and I was under a severe amount of stress during that pregnancy. I also lost my dad the month before he was conceived. Dr. Stephens just explained the why for me, and how that’s actually scientifically plausible.

Ras

He is a bit vague and only says "depression, anxiety, concussions, diabetes, memory problems, seizures, attention problems, dementia, severe traumatic brain injuries, headaches and migraines, and many other things."
Thanks.

purple pill

Nope, totally agree with you! I was just explaining my line of thinking in the past and why I think a lot of people are dissuaded from that community. For what it’s worth, I’ve heard that Grant Genereux is a great guy. Very humble and all around nice person. I’m just not a big fan of Garrett at this point. He responded to my comments in LYL yesterday like a 5 year old throwing a tantrum, and then when I stood my ground in a respectful way he deleted his comments. After that, I got a lot of messages in my inbox from people saying they’ve had bad experiences with him. The guy clearly has some issues, however I still appreciate a lot of his work and it’s not going to change what I’m doing health wise, because I’ve seen lots of positive changes going low A and I appreciate Charlie, and other people on the RP forum (like you) for showing me the light with the things you’ve all shared.
I thought that was you on the lyl program, I'm "Joe smith" lol
Had to bite my tongue and ignore his comment he was far too defensive at the suggestion to keep an open mind.
Feel like I would be flushing $99 down the toilet if I replied, not that i use the site much lol

lilrawhoney

Forum Supporter
I thought that was you on the lyl program, I'm "Joe smith" lol
Had to bite my tongue and ignore his comment he was far too defensive at the suggestion to keep an open mind.
Feel like I would be flushing $99 down the toilet if I replied, not that i use the site much lol
I thought that was you too, but I wasn’t sure! 😂 I noticed today that he deleted his comments to me. I guess he realized he sounded like an **** after other people called him out. It killed me how when I mentioned that niacin used to be on the “never touch it, it’s poison and everyone that uses it is stupid”, list and now it’s a huge part of the program. Then he said, “don’t you twist my words. I don’t appreciate it. I only support one form of niacin! You must be new here, etc. Go eat your cupfuls of sugar and neglect your nutrients, just don’t come crying to me when you fail,” If I meant niacinamide, I would have said niacinamide. And then accusing me of twisting words, while literally twisting my words. No one said that they are going to eat cupfuls of sugar. Plenty of perfectly intelligent people were simply exploring a theory that could be helpful to some.

I was laughing to myself yesterday that if I kept going I was going to set a record for the quickest LYL ban. Thankfully I only signed up for the pay monthly so it would only be $9.99 down the drain.

Krigeren

I’m sorry for what you went through. Self inflicted trauma is often the result of past trauma, even things we can’t remember. My mother died when I was an infant, which is the worst trauma a baby can go through and I believe that’s where it started for me, but I experienced a lot more trauma in my childhood as well. It sounds like you are making positive changes and that’s something to be proud of.

Poisoning obviously has a huge effect on our health, but I think so many downplay the profound effect trauma has on our physical health as well. I have long suspected that my one son’s autism has largely to do with the fact that he was born in the middle of the Covid scam and I was under a severe amount of stress during that pregnancy. I also lost my dad the month before he was conceived. Dr. Stephens just explained the why for me, and how that’s actually scientifically plausible.

Thank you, and I should've communicated my "trauma" better. Mine was self-inflicted mostly due to stupidity -- too many years of contact sports, falling out of trees, ATV riding with no helmet, etc.

Sorry for what you had to endure also. Very glad you're healing and for the family you're raising.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals