Low Toxin Videos Cure depression (and more) with glucose

mosaic01

All of that to say, I'm not afraid to admit I'm desperate for this all to be true.

I started with 1g dextrose every waking hour after every 4 hours made me feel worse. Then I increased every day until I realized, the higher the dose, the better I feel. I think the crucial aspect is that taking a certain dose every hour is easier on the system than taking it every 4 hours.

When I take a certain dose, like 30g every hour, and then reduce to 25g on a given day, my symptoms worsen. Once I have decided on a dose for a certain day, I have to keep it, as if my brain allocates that amount. Maybe higher blood sugar levels reach brain regions that lower blood sugar levels can't reach. Dr. Stephens says it takes a couple weeks/months until the brain actually uses all the sugar effectively, once the glucose limitation is healed.

This observation has led me to use it every hour. I could tolerate 10 g every hour, but 30 g 3 times a day was really bad.

Regarding thiamine, 1-2 g is a therapeutic dose. But 50 mg is already a good backup in case taking glucose uses up too much.

Last edited:

Ras

All of that to say, I'm not afraid to admit I'm desperate for this all to be true. But taking dextrose makes me feel SO bad. I'm inclined to believe that usually, if it's causing more issues you need to stop or take less. However, after doing 3 TBSP 4x a day for 2 days, I went up to 5TBSP instinctively for 2 days, and started taking it with a few bites of beans for fiber. It did minimize some of the discomfort, but then I still wasn't feeling great with increased pressure in my head and eyes, so I decided to follow Dr Stephens advice for sensitive types and dropped the dose back down to 1TBSP which felt okay-ish. Today I tried just 1TSP, and had a horrible blood sugar spike or something. I felt like the energy was being sucked straight out of my muscles and was almost lethargic. This stopped after about 20 minutes. I'd really appreciate some input on this reaction to dextrose and if it can be explained by actually needing a super high dose, because what you said makes sense but I'm also wary of pushing it so hard. My sleep has improved as well as bowel movements, but my mood is borderline rage-y, my energy unstable, and my hunger signals and appetite are all over the place. If I can't figure out the dosage I'm going to have to stop altogether for a while because I feel like I'm on a roller coaster ride with this stuff.
I started with 160 grams four times a day the first day. Give something big and bold a shot. The worst that can happen is that you'll feel bad, but you already feel bad.

kamiak

Forum Supporter
I started with 1g dextrose every waking hour after every 4 hours made me feel worse. Then I increased every day until I realized, the higher the dose, the better I feel. I think the crucial aspect is that taking a certain dose every hour is easier on the system than taking it every 4 hours.

When I take a certain dose, like 30g every hour, and then reduce to 25g on a given day, my symptoms worsen. Once I have decided on a dose for a certain day, I have to keep it, as if my brain allocates that amount. Maybe higher blood sugar levels reach brain regions that lower blood sugar levels can't reach. Dr. Stephens says it takes a couple weeks/months until the brain actually uses all the sugar effectively, once the glucose limitation is healed.

This observation has led me to use it every hour. I could tolerate 10 g every hour, but 30 g 3 times a day was really bad.

Regarding thiamine, 1-2 g is a therapeutic dose. But 50 mg is already a good backup in case taking glucose uses up too much.
Very interesting. How long have you been dosing every hour? I guess everything I've read so far says it has to be in large doses to sort of force to brain to take enough in even with limitations. I wasn't sure that would be an effective option, but I'm willing to try it!

I never felt the need to take more than a maintenance dose of thiamine, but if I feel I need more I'm definitely open to a therapeutic dose for a while if I feel it's needed. Are there any other vitamins or minerals that could be depleted with glucose therapy to your knowledge?

Hidden49

So the dextrose was making me feel really good, but a few days in I am feeling very sleepy/fatigued from it, one day I couldn't get out of bed and felt very lazy, also I wouldn't say it was making me more refreshed from the sleep that day too. So I'm not sure what to think of this, do I carry on taking it or do I stop, my body isn't craving for me to take more atm.

orangebear

Usually I take the dextrose and then eat something within ten minutes. I took my third dose today but I still had to grill the meat for my tacos and about half an hour after taking the dextrose, while I was still cutting up the meat after grilling it, I got a bit of a headache and nausea, some massive adrenaline spike, and an inability to focus. I kinda felt like I wanted to poop but it didn’t happen until yet another half hour or more passed. In the meantime I just had to put down dinner prep and sort of half sit half lie down in a dark room until I could go to the bathroom. I’ve had similar symptoms with big bile dumps but I’m wondering if that’s the only thing going on in this case. Those symptoms don’t really sound like hyperglycemia, right?

Nebula

I had another amazing restorative deep nap today after a 100g dextrose dose after a workout, which I'm usually completely unable to do. I'm still adding a half teaspoon baking soda with a tablespoon vinegar. Also taking it with 500mg thiamin hcl, 500mg niacin, and 100mg magnesium glycinate. For me this combo seems to help the dextrose transport into my cells better. Not that I think my stack is optimal for others or even myself, but I seem to currently need some help transporting glucose and I am exploring what supplements might help. I originally thought to add the baking soda and vinegar to ensure that I'm not in some kind of metabolic acidosis, but maybe its having other effects that are helping insulin release and transport the glucose, because I wasn't feeling much before this, irritated if anything. I think I'll keep this stack going 3-4 times per day as it seems to be destressing my system in positive ways that just food or other interventions haven't been able to achieve. I'll maybe try fresh lemon juice instead of vinegar to see if it has a similar effect or if other Citric acid cycle acids help like succinic acid.

Ras

I'm still adding a half teaspoon baking soda with a tablespoon vinegar.
I don't understand the benefits of these substances. The sodium bicarbonate will react with the acetic acid in the vinegar, or the hydrochloric acid in your stomach, to form sodium acetate, sodium chloride, or both. Is that what you want to happen?

Nebula

I don't understand the benefits of these substances. The sodium bicarbonate will react with the acetic acid in the vinegar, or the hydrochloric acid in your stomach, to form sodium acetate, sodium chloride, or both. Is that what you want to happen?
acetate should be metabolized in the liver back into bicarbonate which might alkalize better than directly drinking baking soda. I'm not completely sure what its doing tbh, but the effect of the dextrose is completely different with the added baking soda/vinegar. It feels like its actually being transported into cells when before it wasn't.

Ras

acetate should be metabolized in the liver back into bicarbonate which might alkalize better than directly drinking baking soda. I'm not completely sure what its doing tbh, but the effect of the dextrose is completely different with the added baking soda/vinegar. It feels like its actually being transported into cells when before it wasn't.
Wouldn't citrate be the most effective means of increasing bicarbonate? I've read that sodium helps glucose enter cells.

Ainaga

the soda makes the stomach alkaline, signaling the pyloric sphincter to open, the acid (as per taught by tcm), having affinity with the liver, sends the substance there, replenishing it. perchance. also, in theory, due to ph, the stomach, when empty, is not ready to deal with carbs. the ph has to be raised.

gabys225

Wouldn't citrate be the most effective means of increasing bicarbonate? I've read that sodium helps glucose enter cells.
I too am finding that adding some electrolytes is improving how I feel after taking the dextrose. Last night I poured a little too much, 1 cupful of dextrose and said "ah what the heck it's fine" and felt strange, slightly panicked for about 20 minutes then felt great. The reason I say strange is because I laid down and had some extremely productive meditation, so it wasn't all negative.

All day today I've been adding a little potassium citrate (my food is adequately salted so that takes care of the sodium) and I am finding the dextrose to be much more thermogenic, which I take to mean it's getting utilized. If @mosaic01 theory that it detoxed copper proves correct, a little potassium doesn't hurt as it moved along, plus anyone with vA toxicity probably needs a little more potassium. I am also adding a pinch of thiamine with every dose, and will continue this for the coming days.

Maybe in the older studies with much less toxic folk it was suitable to take pure dextrose and one could easily handle it, but in my state, I definitely need the helpers like B1 and potassium and my body has been thanking me for it. Hopefully this helps others.

Nebula

I’m not sure. Both acetate and citrate have been used effectively clinically to increase bicarbonate. I just used vinegar because that’s what I had on hand. I’ll be trying fresh squeezed lemon juice next.

I just noticed that this chronic ache I would often feel in the center of my brain what felt like near the pituitary is gone. It wasn’t always constant but I haven’t noticed it at all in the last week. So I’m encouraged to continue with dextrose as a therapy.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals