Low Toxin Videos Is your brain sugar deficient? with Dr. David Stephens

gabys225

All I can find from him is the Snake Diet.

I'm taking about 160 grams of dextrose four times a day: that's 640 grams (2,560 calories) total.

I'm feeling very good. Blood pressure this morning is 93/61.
Did you have BP issues prior to this? Great results!

Krigeren

All I can find from him is the Snake Diet.

I'm taking about 160 grams of dextrose four times a day: that's 640 grams (2,560 calories) total.

I'm feeling very good. Blood pressure this morning is 93/61.

None. I usually measure around 120/80, or a little lower.

Just now, mine was 116/74, a tad lower than usual. My (high) resting pulse rate looks to be a bit lower also. At 60, with "metabolic syndrome" and just getting back from shopping at Trader Joe's, I'll take it!

I'm still ramping up after the first week and taking 32g Dextrose 4x/day today and for the next week.

Ras

Just now, mine was 116/74, a tad lower than usual. My (high) resting pulse rate looks to be a bit lower also. At 60, with "metabolic syndrome" and just getting back from shopping at Trader Joe's, I'll take it!

I'm still ramping up after the first week and taking 32g Dextrose 4x/day today and for the next week.
I was taking nothing but dextrose and psyllium in about 700 mL of water, four times a day for a week. The lost sodium and zero protein likely had a lot to do with my low blood pressure.

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
I was taking nothing but dextrose and psyllium in about 700 mL of water, four times a day for a week. The lost sodium and zero protein likely had a lot to do with my low blood pressure.
@Ras
Are you a patient of the doctor?

Sebastian B

Forum Supporter
Interestingly, despite consuming copious amounts of carbohydrates through white rice, black beans and dextrose powder throughout the day, I still crave an apple every afternoon.

Mitchell777

So... a certain doctor posted his thoughts about dextrose/glucose and he thinks it's as dumb as eggs. I read the post and it seems to me like he's not quite understanding the premise but I'm not going to risk my membership by confronting him.
I assume you are referring to Garrett Smith?

This is one of my problems with Smith, his blunt sarcasm and dismissal of certain things he’s ignorant on, makes him sometimes plain frustrating to listen to. It’s as if he thinks he knows best without really understanding what’s being said (in this case, with dextrose therapy) It was the exact same for niacin therapy, he not only disregarded niacin but mocked and clowned on anyone saying it was beneficial via research and anecdotal experience, and reduced it to a mere histamine reaction…

This isn’t even an attack on Smith, I actually keep up to date with what he says as I do respect the work he does, I just find his personality hard to get on with sometimes.

The fact you are scared to innocently confront him due to you potentially losing your membership makes it sound like it’s some sort of cult? Why on Earth would he cut you out of the membership by simply trying to explain dextrose therapy. I myself can vouch for Dextrose! It’s fascinating stuff. I’ve seen great effects from it.

orangebear

@Mitchell777 Yep. Dr. Smith. I feel the same way about his antics. It’s not so much that I fear confronting him as I simply don’t want to risk losing the membership I paid for, as he does ban people with no refunds, and I also don’t have the energy to try to craft a response that might have a slim chance of getting through to him without risking getting banned. In other words it’s simple not worth the drama.

Pranananda

Forum Supporter
I assume you are referring to Garrett Smith?

This is one of my problems with Smith, his blunt sarcasm and dismissal of certain things he’s ignorant on, makes him sometimes plain frustrating to listen to. It’s as if he thinks he knows best without really understanding what’s being said (in this case, with dextrose therapy) It was the exact same for niacin therapy, he not only disregarded niacin but mocked and clowned on anyone saying it was beneficial via research and anecdotal experience, and reduced it to a mere histamine reaction…

This isn’t even an attack on Smith, I actually keep up to date with what he says as I do respect the work he does, I just find his personality hard to get on with sometimes.

The fact you are scared to innocently confront him due to you potentially losing your membership makes it sound like it’s some sort of cult? Why on Earth would he cut you out of the membership by simply trying to explain dextrose therapy. I myself can vouch for Dextrose! It’s fascinating stuff. I’ve seen great effects from it.
I completely agree here, that one's personal experience is more important that what any "expert" says. I am six days into this process, and the improvement in consciousness and reduction of blood sugar is amazing for me.

Krigeren

I completely agree here, that one's personal experience is more important that what any "expert" says. I am six days into this process, and the improvement in consciousness and reduction of blood sugar is amazing for me.

I have seen both also, so far. 8 days in for me. FBG levels are creeping up a bit after an initial big drop the first day, but I'm not all that surprised. And Dr Stephens Glucose 101 book says he often sees symptoms get worse before they get better during the 1st week or two.

Today my BG level ("post-prandial glucose response") appeared to drop much faster after a 32g dose than it had earlier in the week w/ a smaller (24g) dose. I went and bought a new and different meter to double-check it's function, ha. Old and new match, glad they are not super expensive.

kamiak

Forum Supporter
What's most frustrating to me is the number of people in LYL who are having amazing experiences so far with dextrose, and he's scared them into believing it's duration paradox or "stopping detox" and that's the only possible reason they could be feeling good. It's like they think he's above reproach, and they're not even willing to keep trying and find out for themselves. Most of them still seem open-minded and supportive of experimentation but they've recanted their original impression of the protocol. If one more person says "here's Doc's thoughts on it" I'm going to have to politely tell them yes I've seen it but I still like to think for myself, thank you very much, because "it slows down ALDH" is just his cop out response.

orangebear

@kamiak it also doesn’t make sense because ALDH function and bile flow are two different things. If you slow down the former but not the latter you’re likely to experience more toxicity symptoms rather than less.

kamiak

Forum Supporter
@kamiak it also doesn’t make sense because ALDH function and bile flow are two different things. If you slow down the former but not the latter you’re likely to experience more toxicity symptoms rather than less.
Seems that way to me, too! Which is part of my argument, because some people experience amazing results right away and some people, like me, go straight into a myriad of detox symptoms and worsening discomfort in certain areas. According to Dr Stephens this is common and can take a few weeks to begin improving, which sounds extremely similar to the way a lot of things from smiths program are explained. Nobody wants to see it that way though because it's sugar. Sugar bad. I'm just tired and rambling now but I just know there's more to the story and instead of trying to refine and replicate Stephens results like they initially wanted to do, now people are insinuating that he's lying and some sort of charlatan with no reason to believe that he is other than that Garrett doesn't approve. Starting to feel more and more like a cult in there.

YourUniverse

It will be interesting if the glucose fixes the thyroid, and allows the people who felt better off vitamin A, to feel good again with vitamin A, making Ray's stance on vitamin A valid - hypothyroid people can tolerate only a little of it, and it completely depends on context.

:raypeatcoffee

Mitchell777

What's most frustrating to me is the number of people in LYL who are having amazing experiences so far with dextrose, and he's scared them into believing it's duration paradox or "stopping detox" and that's the only possible reason they could be feeling good. It's like they think he's above reproach, and they're not even willing to keep trying and find out for themselves. Most of them still seem open-minded and supportive of experimentation but they've recanted their original impression of the protocol. If one more person says "here's Doc's thoughts on it" I'm going to have to politely tell them yes I've seen it but I still like to think for myself, thank you very much, because "it slows down ALDH" is just his cop out response.
Oh don’t get me started about one of Garretts defence terms … “duration paradox”. Really? He repeats the same concepts (without any evidence) when a particular concept or view doesn’t fit his cult like rules and regulations. I’ve seen it after watching at least 15 of his long form YouTube videos. Anything he doesn’t understand/ doesn’t want to understand, he will say “well don’t be stupid people, the reason they feel better is because they are slowing down ALDH, this is the duration paradox” then he continues to finish with the classic Garrett smith “don’t come back to me crying, I told you so”. I really wanted to respect him more but he’s personality, which is in fact a reflection of your health, is a desired taste to put it diplomatically…

I don’t know if he actually thinks he’s been given this from god, but I can assure that isn’t true. His mentality and way he likes to run his program is cult like. You can’t speak up without being potentially mocked and banned! That isn’t god or Christian like at all.

Krigeren

It will be interesting if the glucose fixes the thyroid, and allows the people who felt better off vitamin A, to feel good again with vitamin A, making Ray's stance on vitamin A valid - hypothyroid people can tolerate only a little of it, and it completely depends on context.

Speaking of RP, this seems to coincide with the theory Dr Stephens bases his recommendations on: "When the brain senses a lack of glucose, nerves are activated to increase the amount of glucose in the blood, to correct the problem. As long as the brain senses the need for more glucose, the regulatory systems will make the adjustments to the blood glucose level." (Glucose and sucrose for diabetes.).

orangebear

I’m in the vA toxicity group on Facebook and while I don’t agree with every idea there, I think they’re right about allowing for 50–100% of the RDA of vA in order to not become nutrient deficient. I feel better with that approach than going as low vA as possible. Super low vA is a bandaid and it can have serious drawbacks for some people, including myself. As I’ve gotten a bit better, my tolerance for some moderate vA foods has increased. Like I’ve said before though, it’s not a license to overindulge, but there are plenty of foods that are a net positive in reasonable amounts to many people. Eggs being the classic example in the low vA community.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals