Interview With Dr. Michael Hamblin: Harvard Professor and Infrared Therapy Expert

Brian

Joe Cohen posted a great interview on his site with Dr. Michael Hamblin who is an expert on light therapy.

Joe did a great job summarizing the interview on his site. You can check that out here.

The interview covers a lot of ground over the mechanisms and uses for red, near, and far-infrared light therapy. Some things covered that might be new to Ray Peat followers:

• Intra-nasal red light is an effective way to give systemic benefits through light contact with blood platelets. A 5mw 660nm laser pen is appropriate for this application
  • 850nm panel on your forehead is an effective way to reduce brain inflammation and often results in improved sleep quality
  • Infrared on your thyroid is good for autoimmune thyroiditis
  • Infrared on testes improves fertility in animal models
  • And lots of other interesting bits of information on red-light history and application I have never heard before.

[bbvideo=560,315]https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=1186&v=wAW8Fvg-TJQ[/bbvideo]

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
:bump2

pboy

one look at the dude, its out...you cant ever cheat health man, its a conglomeration of your entire mental spiritual being and how you interact with the physical world...you cant just have those things be way off and.or wrong, and expect some cutting edge science technology to patch over that

Milky

Last edited by a moderator:

acrylic

By that logic, none of us should be following Ray's protocols -- we should all be copying the behaviors and diets of supermodels and bodybuilders.

ravster02

pboy said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/97275/ one look at the dude, its out...you cant ever cheat health man, its a conglomeration of your entire mental spiritual being and how you interact with the physical world...you cant just have those things be way off and.or wrong, and expect some cutting edge science technology to patch over that

if he's not a picture of health then whatever truths he says about health is to be ignored and ridiculed?

:lol:

Pjotr

Yeah... like Ray Peat is so healthy looking...

Bad hair line, looks very tensed:
vlxMv06.png

Yellow teeth, and teeth missing:
E3o9M9X.png

Water retention:
ey6ey9k.png

His voice sounds like he is over 90.

Over exaggerating of course... He looks quite healthy for his age. But indeed with this logic we should all copy the behaviors and diets of supermodels and bodybuilders. Besides that, looks can be such a moment thing... Just sleeping bad for a couple of nights, can change my looks completely...

Cohen is an elitist hipster.

Pjotr said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/97284/ Yeah... like Ray Peat is so healthy looking...

Over exaggerating of course... He looks quite healthy for his age.

Just say how you feel and be honest. Don't backtrack.

He's 80. Give him a break. That's quite old. I haven't even been alive for half the time he has.

Peat has amazing cognitive ability. In interviews he quickly goes to any subject and anything in his mind so fast. It's impressive.

Teeth are complicated. Not everyone cares enough to pay for the Hollywood smile (insert photo of person with bad teeth before and after they paid $10k+ for it).

I've never seen an 80 year old who looks as vibrant and does the things Peat does:

n2y04y.jpg

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Last edited:

narouz

Westside PUFAs said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/97301/ Cohen is an elitist hipster.

Pjotr said:
https://raypeatforum.com/forums/posts/97284/ Yeah... like Ray Peat is so healthy looking...

Over exaggerating of course... He looks quite healthy for his age.

Just say how you feel and be honest. Don't backtrack.

He's 80. Give him a break. That's quite old. I haven't even been alive for half the time he has.

Peat has amazing cognitive ability. In interviews he quickly goes to any subject and anything in his mind so fast. It's impressive.

Teeth are complicated. Not everyone cares enough to pay for the Hollywood smile (insert photo of person with bad teeth before and after they paid $10k+ for it).

I've never seen an 80 year old who looks as vibrant and does the things Peat does:

n2y04y.jpg

Well said, Westside.
I haven't watched the video and know nothing of the Cohen guy,
so...I don't know.
I will say: I might cast him in a movie as an elitist hipster based upon the photo. :D

Mountain

Pjotr said:
Yellow teeth, and teeth missing:
E3o9M9X.png

Ray apparently mentions in the On the Back of a Tiger documentary that he lost many of his teeth in the
'50s because of an experiment with living off of wheat germ.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom