Delicious beef kidneys, not lying šŸ¤„

A.R

I've tried a few times to eat beef kidneys and I just couldn't stomach the flavor. So I tried something different and it turned out amazing so I wanted to share it here...

Starting out with two large beef kidneys, I trimmed the fat from the inside and slice them into one and a half inch chunks or so. Next, I soaked them in a salty solution of coconut milk, a little apple cider vinegar, salt and water- for 4 hours.

Drain the liquid, rinse the pieces, and toss them into a slow cooker along with some grape juice, a few squirts of ketchup, salt, garlic, and any other seasonings that you like.

Cook on low for at least four or five hours. Then I kind of forgot about it and unplugged it and went to bed because I was too tired to deal with them.

8 hours later I tasted them and they were soft and tender and full of delicious flavor, nothing like the pungent gross experience I'd had previously...

I hope you guys like this recipe and if anyone has any other ideas and success stories I'd love to hear them!
Look forward to trying this.

I also have been using ketchup on my lamb liver recently! Greatly helps in making it palatable.

OP
LadyRae

LadyRae

Look forward to trying this.

I also have been using ketchup on my lamb liver recently! Greatly helps in making it palatable.
Yes, although I think that the most important part of this recipe is soaking the kidney chunks for a good 4 to 6 hours in a vinegar and milk solution. Or you could use buttermilk but I don't eat any dairy products.

I've also noticed that after the kidneys have cooked in the slow cooker for 6 or 7 hours on low, I will turn it off and just let them sit for a few hours to reabsorb some of the moisture as it all cools down.

A.R

What's the real advantage over liver?

I understand a hunter may take a bite or two but I never understood why they always tasted like pure piss to me .
Yes, although I think that the most important part of this recipe is soaking the kidney chunks for a good 4 to 6 hours in a vinegar and milk solution. Or you could use buttermilk but I don't eat any dairy products.

I've also noticed that after the kidneys have cooked in the slow cooker for 6 or 7 hours on low, I will turn it off and just let them sit for a few hours to reabsorb some of the moisture as it all cools down.
Yes great point about soaking.

Since the kidneys are an integral part of the animals urine system, to remove the ā€˜pissā€™ smell ( @SonOfEurope ) , itā€™s important the inside membranes of the kidneys are removed with a knife before cooking, and that will remove the bad smell.

A.R

Oh I was getting mixed up with lamb kidneys. Cutting membrane method is for the lamb ones, it seems soaking is the best option for beef kidneys.

A.R

8723885C-05B5-4C42-B471-2F7A67EE7319.jpeg

@SonOfEurope These are the lamb kidneys, and if they are trimmed correctly before cooking, have a much more light and pleasant taste compared to beef kidneys ime

akgrrrl

I dont understand why we want to eat a filter organ expressly there to contain anything bad

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals