Does Anyone Make Pate?

YourUniverse

Title?

The biggest holes for me are liver and oysters. I can blend both into a pate, with any necessary spices, and it tastes pretty good. Its easier (for me) to have a tbsp or 2 of pate in the morning, or on a carrot, than it is to make a meal of liver and toss in some oysters, for example. Plus, I can add extra oysters or liver as I want (I personally like 2-3 tins of oysters per week, instead of 1).

Here are some RP-inspired pates that I found:

Chopped Liver Paté - Perfect Health Diet | Perfect Health Diet

None of these combine liver + oysters into a single pate, though. Is there any specific reason why? I just made one and its delicious. A weeks worth of liver and oysters, spread through the week, cooked once. I hope I'm not missing something important.

Here's what I made, if anyone is interested:
4 tbsp cultured butter
2 tbsp coconut oil
2 tsp salt
2 tsp hot chilli powder (I prefer them a bit spicy)
2 medium onions
3 tins of oysters
~300g beef liver

(medium/medium-low heat)

1. Soak the liver in milk for at least an hour. This greatly enhances flavour, I think because the milk alkalinity neutralizes a lot of the pungent acids lingering in the liver, but I have no idea really. It works and its been done for a long time.

2. Saute the onions in the butter and coconut oil until translucent.

3. Add the liver, cook until browned.

4. Add all ingredients to a blender, along with the oysters, salt, and any spices you like. Garlic can work really well I think. Blend to a paste!

Screenshot

Was this post too authoritarian?

Anyway this seems like a maybe underutilized method of getting liver and oysters in.

somuch4food

My oyster spread is cream cheese, oysters and Dijon mustard.

I take a can of oysters, rinse them and proceed to smashing them with a fork. I add a few teaspoon of cream cheese, a teaspoon of Dijon and a pinch of salt and grossly mix it with a fork. It's quite good and toddler approved!

I've started looking into making liver pate, but I haven't settled yet on a recipe. I will certainly try soaking liver in milk to enhance flavor.

I don't think I would ever mix the 2 together. I prefer to have the choice to follow my cravings.