Biotin Promotes Glycogen Synthesis

I had her hormones tested and she was high in all the hormones, cortisol, testosterone, estrogen, DHEA, and sky high progesterone. I have been working on her liver, in clearing these hormones out of the system but difficult with university exam pressures. I think the gym workouts lifting weights was contributing to high testosterone levels.

Wow....this describes me to a T waaay back when I was in college. All of my hormones were through the roof. My liver enzymes were messed up and I was on Accutane for acne. My symptoms became so distressing that I had to quit school. I had wild mood swings. No doctor could ever figure out what was wrong with me and simply prescribed anti-depressants or birth control pills, both of which made symptoms worse so I quit after a few months. I wish I had thyroid medication back then....:mad:

I've never been diagnosed with PCOS, but I have my suspicions...at any rate, what's the consensus view? Is Biotin good for hyperglycemia or might it be bad due to extra insulin stimulation in those that are making too much insulin?

I've never had my insulin tested, is this pretty much required? Are there other ways to figure out what the driving force is?

I'd rather fix this myself....I don't really want to get tagged "diabetic" by my health/life insurance companies.:greedy:

Please help educate me...

Lucenzo01

Yes, and it is a biomarker of stress as it means you are catabolizing muscle to make glucose. Biotin inhibits both gluconeogenesis and excessive glycolysis, as well lowering blood lipids like FFA and triglycerides. Truly marvelous vitamins, I think it's one of the most neglected. Combined with thiamine and niacinamide it restores glucose metabolism to normal even in insulin-dependent diabetic patients. The only drawback is that it seems if you are diabetic you have to take it daily (orally) for years. I guess not a bad alternative compared to injecting yourself several times a day with insulin.

Does it apply to diabetes type 1 as well? My gf has diabetes type 1 and it would be great if she could stay off the injections.

What about when Biotin deficiency impairs Gluconeogenesis due to insufficient Oxaloacetate, in that case correcting the deficiency may improve hypoglicemia? I believe that Ketogenic diets may deplete Biotin.

FitnessMike

I remember when I started eating eggs again, I clearly felt that i could store glycogen better, I thought that it might be from choline that clears the liver and make it work better, but now I'm thinking it could be the biotin in them.

So if one is deficient in biotin, glycogen production will be somehow dysfunctional? considering its essential B vitamin.

FitnessMike

does body store biotin to some degree?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals