Moderate Doses Of Aspirin Reverse Insulin Resistance

PurpleHeart

Isn't 1 mg of k2 excessive? I mean most supplements contain 100μg, having to take 1mg for every 325mg ASA sounds very expensive, I just take a little bit of aspirin here and there and I never had any issues with bleeding, I never take k2 with it.

you can take it the same day, not necessarily concurrent. Dr. Peat says 1mg of K2 MK4 per aspirin tablet.

Isn't 1 mg of k2 excessive? I mean most supplements contain 100μg, having to take 1mg for every 325mg ASA sounds very expensive, I just take a little bit of aspirin here and there and I never had any issues with bleeding, I never take k2 with it.
K2 MK4 can be and should be used in multiple mg doses, while K2 MK7 only in 100mcg or so doses. I have never found benefit from K2 MK7 and don't use it.

forterpride

K2 MK4 can be and should be used in multiple mg doses, while K2 MK7 only in 100mcg or so doses. I have never found benefit from K2 MK7 and don't use it.
So K2 should be split up throughout the day? Mom mom was just taking 15mg K2 (Kuinone) in the morning and then her aspirin split throughout the day.

Brandin

Thanks for your response Haidut. I recently brought up the whole K2 negating Aspirins blood thinning effects with my doctor. He is quite open minded so is open to many of Rays ideas. He told me that there are two ways in which you can clot (and consequently thin) blood. Aspirin thins the blood via a different process, and because of this K2 wont negate that. K2 would on the other hand can stop the thinning caused by Warfarin as Warfarin thins the blood via the same process in which K2 clots it.

He explained the process but it was too technical for me and unfortunately googling this has proven very difficult. Do you have any information on this?
but even if its via 2 different processes the k2 will make the blood thicker. It should then still negate the process. Ie = 1 proccess thinning blood and one thickening, right?

Brandin

Haidut, thank you for your responses. I was hoping you could take a look at the new post someone made about Aspirin still thinning blood and shed some light on this. The link is here:

Thorne’s K2 Not Effective At All - Aspirin Still Causing Bleeding

And also the following post where someone discusses the technical details behind what my doctor suggested:

I am wondering if maybe its K1 that needs to be used instead....or does my doctor have a point? Not sure. Thanks in advance for your response!
Also when I took 6grams of aspirin a day without k2 I had bleeding here and there in arms and legs in the form of visible bruising. after implementing 15mg k2 a day it stopped. That proved it works for me

Brandin

Thorne k2 in bottle is cheap asfuck and works. You can use that one.

LeeLemonoil

New study showing promising capacities of Aspirin to treat diabetic conditions (rats)

Alterations in Energy Metabolism, Mitochondrial Function and Redox Homeostasis in GK Diabetic Rat Tissues Treated with Aspirin - PubMed

Alterations in Energy Metabolism, Mitochondrial Function and Redox Homeostasis in GK Diabetic Rat Tissues Treated with Aspirin

Annie John et al. Life (Basel). 2022.

Our recent studies have demonstrated that aspirin treatment prevents inflammatory and oxidative stress-induced alterations in mitochondrial function, improves glucose tolerance and pancreatic endocrine function and preserves tissue-specific glutathione (GSH)-dependent redox homeostasis in Goto-Kakizaki (GK) diabetic rats. In the current study, we have investigated the mechanism of action of aspirin in maintaining mitochondrial bioenergetics and redox metabolism in the liver and kidneys of GK rats. Aspirin reduced the production of reactive oxygen species (ROS) and oxidative stress-induced changes in GSH metabolism. Aspirin treatment also improved mitochondrial respiratory function and energy metabolism, in addition to regulating the expression of cell signaling proteins that were altered in diabetic animals. Ultrastructural electron microscopy studies revealed decreased accumulation of glycogen in the liver of aspirin-treated diabetic rats. Hypertrophic podocytes with irregular fusion of foot processes in the renal glomerulus and detached microvilli, condensed nuclei and degenerated mitochondria observed in the proximal convoluted tubules of GK rats were partially restored by aspirin. These results provide additional evidence to support our previous observation of moderation of diabetic complications by aspirin treatment in GK rats and may have implications for cautious use of aspirin in the therapeutic management of diabetes.

Is there a way to find out if I am prone to bleeding from Aspirin? I am about to experiment with this but not sure if I should just go all out and start on the high doses.

Also, I read in one experiment where they used aspirin for insulin resistance, they found that bicarbonate levels decreased after use of aspirin....any idea why this would be? I thought it should increase...? (reference below)

Mechanism by which high-dose aspirin improves glucose metabolism in type 2 diabetes
“0” blood types are prone to bleeding. I also know this first hand, as I have to balance things, to keep my blood from thinning anymore than it already is….

“Blood group O has been associated with an increased bleeding tendency due to lower von Willebrand factor(VWF) and factor VIII (FVIII) levels.”

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals