A Wish For More Energy

youngsinatra

How is your gallbladder working? Do you have good bile flow?

Good signs: brown, well-formed stool, good tolerance to fats, good gut motility.
Bad signs: pale, yellow, loose, undigested food in stool, fat malabsorption, upper right quadrant abdominal tension, constipation.

Bile flow is essential to sterilize the small intestine and keep it that way. Many get re-occuring SIBO when the root cause of it is not also found and fixed. (bile stagnation, low motility, low HCL..)

youngsinatra

Based on what you said, I would surely have poor bile flow. Any tips or root causes?
Bovine lactoferrin really strongly promotes bile flow in my experience.

Methylation support also helps in my opinion (B2, folate, B12, creatine, high protein diet)

Procholinergic substances also helps with bile flow (B1, B5…)

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Bovine lactoferrin really strongly promotes bile flow in my experience.

Methylation support also helps in my opinion (B2, folate, B12, creatine, high protein diet)

Procholinergic substances also helps with bile flow (B1, B5…)
Thanks. I notice I tend to have lighter colored stools especially when eating mostly fruits, grains, dairy.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Finally seeing some nice progress with my digestion. I feel less bloated, my intestinal inflammation has reduced, and as a consequence, the scalp inflammation/ dermatitis on head, beard has also reduced/ disappeared.
Body temperatures indicative of high thyroid fuction(36.7 C at wake-up, 37.0 or more during the day).
I'm also breathing better.
At this point, I am not sure if the treatment is what's effective, or the low FODMAP elimination diet, or both.

Some early conclusions:
- gluten is definitely a problem for me
- most grains are a problem(I tolerate rice or quinoa better in small quantities)
- pasteurized A1 cow's milk is bad for me
- FODMAPs are likely problematic. I've been careful to eat mostly low Fodmap fruits.

I'd be sad to give up honey, since honey is high FODMAP. Currently, I don't eat it.

Korven

Finally seeing some nice progress with my digestion. I feel less bloated, my intestinal inflammation has reduced, and as a consequence, the scalp inflammation/ dermatitis on head, beard has also reduced/ disappeared.
Body temperatures indicative of high thyroid fuction(36.7 C at wake-up, 37.0 or more during the day).
I'm also breathing better.
At this point, I am not sure if the treatment is what's effective, or the low FODMAP elimination diet, or both.

Some early conclusions:
- gluten is definitely a problem for me
- most grains are a problem(I tolerate rice or quinoa better in small quantities)
- pasteurized A1 cow's milk is bad for me
- FODMAPs are likely problematic. I've been careful to eat mostly low Fodmap fruits.

I'd be sad to give up honey, since honey is high FODMAP. Currently, I don't eat it.
Awesome sounds like you are making decent progress. What kind of SIBO treatment are you doing? Antibiotics?

I should also try cutting out A1 pasteurized dairy, don't think it is helping my dermatitis/redness on face. It's unfortunate because milk is such a convenient food/ way to get nutrients.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Awesome sounds like you are making decent progress. What kind of SIBO treatment are you doing? Antibiotics?

I should also try cutting out A1 pasteurized dairy, don't think it is helping my dermatitis/redness on face. It's unfortunate because milk is such a convenient food/ way to get nutrients.
No antibiotic.
Doctor prescribed me: Berberine, Neem, a prokinetic and one probiotic strain.

Spartan300

Good to hear you're having some success.

Where you have cut out grains what have you replaced them with?

aniciete

Based on what you said, I would surely have poor bile flow. Any tips or root causes?
I’m my experience, avoiding allergens has been the most important thing for fixing my bile flow. When avoiding milk and grains my stools are dark brown with no smell. Within a couple days of eating any grains or dairy my stools loses its form, floats and turns a light color.

brightside

I’m my experience, avoiding allergens has been the most important thing for fixing my bile flow. When avoiding milk and grains my stools are dark brown with no smell. Within a couple days of eating any grains or dairy my stools loses its form, floats and turns a light color.
Do you notice the same with things like heavy cream, or yogurt, etc?

brightside

I actually just tried kefir for the first time in a while and by day 3 my stools are back to pale and floating. I’ve never tried heavy cream but I assume it would be the same.
Hmm, I see. I'm wondering if it's the homogenization, casomorphins, or just the casein. What about goat milk, or raw cow milk?

aniciete

Hmm, I see. I'm wondering if it's the homogenization, casomorphins, or just the casein. What about goat milk, or raw cow milk?
Yep. I’ve tried raw, goat, cow, sheep, low temp, UHT, cheese, yogurt, kefir, etc. I’m pretty sure it’s the casein I react to because my symptoms are much worse from cheese. I can partially mitigate the bile problems if I consume lots of coffee all day but that’s not sustainable in my opinion.

I also have celiac so I’d assume that’s my problem with grains.

brightside

Yep. I’ve tried raw, goat, cow, sheep, low temp, UHT, cheese, yogurt, kefir, etc. I’m pretty sure it’s the casein I react to because my symptoms are much worse from cheese. I can partially mitigate the bile problems if I consume lots of coffee all day but that’s not sustainable in my opinion.

I also have celiac so I’d assume that’s my problem with grains.
Damn, that sucks, dairy is delicious. I might have to try that, though. Thanks

Jamsey

I eat them mostly just for flavor and taste with meat meals: things like well-cooked zucchini, onion, celery, avocado (I know it's a fruit lol), sometimes broccoli. I have been incorporating more foods and recently tried kimchi (fermented spicy cabbage) which I really enjoy.

I couldn't agree more. Overexercising (i.e. not listening to my body's signals) is one of my biggest regrets and I believe it was a huge contributing factor to me getting very sick.

Honestly not lifting when you're sick or tired or fatigued is just common sense to me:

Scenario 1 - Continue exerting yourself in a state of compromised health, risk end up with debilitating health issues that takes years to fix.

Scenario 2 - Stop exercising, start resting. At worst, your health doesn't improve. At best, you wind up feeling a ton better, sleep/mood/energy improves, and you make some real progress with your health.

Or to use an analogy, scenario 2 is a relatively risk-free investment for potential massive health gains (asymmetric return). Maybe I am biased though as quitting lifting allowed me to recover from a state of being seriously sick. Someone that is just feeling a little tired may be able to continue exercising without any major repercussions.

For a couple of weeks, up to 1 gram per day but most often around 500 mg. Cheers!

edit: I should add that I used both oral and intranasal lactoferrin. Maybe the lactoferrin spray went straight into my brain and was more effective that way? lol
Your mention of intranasal lactoferrin caught my eye. I’ve been thinking about trying this out for the past week/weeks in relation to this thread (Intranasal deferoxamine - Biohackers doing bio-hacker things) and studies like this one (Intranasal Lactoferrin Enhances α-Secretase-Dependent Amyloid Precursor Protein Processing via the ERK1/2-CREB and HIF-1α Pathways in an Alzheimer’s Disease Mouse Model).
So I had a few questions if you would oblige me.
1. Did you make your own nasal spray? If so, did you use saline or something more specialized? If not, what brand did you use?
2. Why did you use it? Was it for anti microbial effects in the sinuses or enhanced brain delivery?
3. Did you feel anything unique or particular? I’ve noticed with large lactoferrin doses that I get enhanced vision and calmness, which I generally attribute to anti serotonin effects.
Thanks for your time!

Korven

Your mention of intranasal lactoferrin caught my eye. I’ve been thinking about trying this out for the past week/weeks in relation to this thread (Intranasal deferoxamine - Biohackers doing bio-hacker things) and studies like this one (Intranasal Lactoferrin Enhances α-Secretase-Dependent Amyloid Precursor Protein Processing via the ERK1/2-CREB and HIF-1α Pathways in an Alzheimer’s Disease Mouse Model).
So I had a few questions if you would oblige me.
1. Did you make your own nasal spray? If so, did you use saline or something more specialized? If not, what brand did you use?
2. Why did you use it? Was it for anti microbial effects in the sinuses or enhanced brain delivery?
3. Did you feel anything unique or particular? I’ve noticed with large lactoferrin doses that I get enhanced vision and calmness, which I generally attribute to anti serotonin effects.
Thanks for your time!

Hi sorry I missed replying to your post.

Yeah I also saw that thread and started thinking whether intranasal lactoferrin could be a safer alternative to deferoxamine.

1. I used apolact TDC lactoferrin nasal spray, had to order it from Italy. Tried another brand but it burned like hell. I have also taken "lactoferrin lines", like snorting cocaine LOL

2. I used it to treat my CFS, I saw on a CFS forum that someone had great results using intranasal lactoferrin. Also I wanted the antimicrobial effects (to clean out staph aureus and Candida) because I have had terrible sinus issues with chronic sinusitis, polyps

3. I can't say if it had any unique effects compared to oral lactoferrin, because I took them at the same time. Having that said, lactoferrin is amazing for me and my CFS is 90% gone. Meaning I can work, sleep, function normally again.

Jamsey

Hi sorry I missed replying to your post.

Yeah I also saw that thread and started thinking whether intranasal lactoferrin could be a safer alternative to deferoxamine.

1. I used apolact TDC lactoferrin nasal spray, had to order it from Italy. Tried another brand but it burned like hell. I have also taken "lactoferrin lines", like snorting cocaine LOL

2. I used it to treat my CFS, I saw on a CFS forum that someone had great results using intranasal lactoferrin. Also I wanted the antimicrobial effects (to clean out staph aureus and Candida) because I have had terrible sinus issues with chronic sinusitis, polyps

3. I can't say if it had any unique effects compared to oral lactoferrin, because I took them at the same time. Having that said, lactoferrin is amazing for me and my CFS is 90% gone. Meaning I can work, sleep, function normally again.
Hahah no worries I assumed you were ignoring me cause of the slight out of pocket questions. But, glad you thought the same thing as me related to the deferoxamine thread.
1. Thanks for the brand recommendation. I have lactoferrin powder but it tends to gum and stick together so I wanted to dissolve it in something. Might just order that brand.
2. That also makes a lot of sense. I assume it would work great for sinusitis.
3. Somewhat of a bummer that it didn’t make you into Superman. But since oral lactoferrin should already pass the blood brain barrier, that makes sense. I’m glad to hear your CFS is better. I have had a feeling CFS is related to excess unbound iron, causing infections and oxidative stress everywhere, so it makes sense that lactoferrin would help.
Thanks for the response. And good luck with everything!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals