Starch gives me optimal strength, energy and physical performance

jet9

you change your mind on your diet every other day, and drop and add supplements wily nilly
Exactly, I respect GreekDemiGod for all interesting threads he starts, but his diet experiences often are all over the place and are blurred by substances (thyroid, vitamins, etc) he frequently changes.

It seem to be more beneficial for him to simply start from clean empty base, change 1 thing at the time and give it at least 7 days to see how it works. (to avoid honeymoon, placebo, etc effects)

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Have you got your copper status checked? (serum copper and ceruloplasmin)

Copper deficiency is known to cause glucose intolerance and subsequently high blood sugar readings.

Never checked copper or investigated that angle. This morning, I saw of story from Matt Blackburn how copper was linked with Candida.
A girl I hooked up with 2 weeks ago told me she tested positive for Candida albicans and she thinks she got it from me. We did oral sex only.

jet9

In my experience I feel good on starch only when I eat frequently. I like to have narrow eating window, and when I eat lots of fruits I can become a bit hungry later on, but I never “lose it” like with when I eat starch. Starch always brings melancholic, a bit depressed mood in evening (or morning of next day), with fruits + meat / seafood / poultry / animal fats I am always mentally “on” as long as I ate enough calories in eating window.

youngsinatra

Never checked copper or investigated that angle. This morning, I saw of story from Matt Blackburn how copper was linked with Candida.
A girl I hooked up with 2 weeks ago told me she tested positive for Candida albicans and she thinks she got it from me. We did oral sex only.
Copper can kill off pathogenic bacteria, viruses, parasites and fungi.

With Candida you would feel bad on all types of carbohydrates in my opinion. (but especially simple sugars)

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Lysine seems interesting for digestion.

Lysine appears to not be a serotonin antagonist per se; it seems to be a gut lining healer.

The difference may seem trivial, but, in my eyes, lysine is not something to be taken when feeling symptoms, but rather, to be taken each day as a preventative measure.

Nomane Euger

Copper can kill off pathogenic bacteria, viruses, parasites and fungi.

With Candida you would feel bad on all types of carbohydrates in my opinion. (but especially simple sugars)
hi,during a period where i ate a lot of grass fed grass finished young lamb liver and had symptoms associated with to high copper,i had "auto brewery symptoms"feeling alcohol effects after eating carbohydrates doesnt matter wich quantity even honey,would you have any explanation?i had non existent digestion,and a lot of symptoms associated with high copper

youngsinatra

hi,during a period where i ate a lot of grass fed grass finished young lamb liver and had symptoms associated with to high copper,i had "auto brewery symptoms"feeling alcohol effects after eating carbohydrates doesnt matter wich quantity even honey,would you have any explanation?i had non existent digestion,and a lot of symptoms associated with high copper
I think excessive retinol causes a lot issues instead of copper. (Retinol powerfully and dose-dependently lowers acetylcholine, essential for buffering excessive stress and sympathetic drive. Acetylcholine is also needed for stomach acid secretion, which is essential for digesting food properly)

I feel very bad from eating liver, but I feel good with even higher doses of isolated copper.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

I already dropped all starch today. Cravings for starch have ceased, cravings for omelette, meat, milk have risen.
Last night, I went out, ate a whole pizza and some potatoes baked in probably sunflower oil, worst meal for mood.
Ended the night with an Aspirin, Mag. Citrate, Cascara and carrot salad, and decided to start fresh and take another shot at no starch peating starting today. Meat-eggs-milk-fruits-honey.
Already feel much better and much more motivated, might be some placebo.

I’m now also doing Glycine, Lysine, Glutamine, MSM as inspired from another thread.
Also on Inosine for a while and 5g Taurine daily.

Last edited:

Quelsatron

I already dropped all starch today. Cravings for starch have ceased, cravings for omelette, meat, milk have risen.
Last night, I went out, ate a whole pizza and some potatoes baked in probably sunflower oil, worst meal for mood.
Ended the night with an Aspirin, Mag. Citrate, Cascara and carrot salad, and decided to start fresh and take another shot at no starch peating starting today. Meat-eggs-milk-fruits-honey.

I’m now also doing Glycine, Lysine, Glutamine, MSM as inspired from another thread.
I think I might have asked you this before but have you tried dropping all supplements, "special" foods and weird ***t?

youngsinatra

I think I might have asked you this before but have you tried dropping all supplements, "special" foods and weird ***t?
I agree. Supplemental minimalism is very key. Each item manipulates physiology in a specific manner and at the point of taking above 2-3 supplements you don‘t know what does what.

I played around with manipulating physiology and hormones with compounds, vitamins and minerals, but it‘s a slippery slope and never fixed anything.

Even benign things like magnesium, B-vitamins or vitamin D can cause some weird neurochemistry changes (acetylcholine, NMDA, glutamate etc.) which may be counterproductive.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Thyroid probably messed me up more than any other supplements, or at least made me realize thyroid is not my main issue, digestion and liver are.

Quelsatron

Thyroid probably messed me up more than any other supplements, or at least made me realize thyroid is not my main issue, digestion and liver are.
How do you know your liver is wrong? Take every theory on these forums with a large pinch of salt, your body is actually not a glass box and determining the biochemical truth can be quite difficult, even if everything "makes sense". Which is why i recommend scaling everything back, you are tilting the table which is only good if you truly know what you're doing, and you aren't, I'm not either.

Sefton10

Dude this is turning into parody at this point.

aniciete

The reason I’m interesting right now in doing a high-fiber intake is that I stopped buying into the “sterile gut hypothesis”. If you think about it, Peatarians who just quit starch or restrict some foods are doing the same things the Keto / Carnivore people are doing. You’re not really fixing the root issues. Very few successful reports on the forum about fixing food intolerances/ sensitivities.
In contrast, I’ve read reports of people on high-fiber diets being able to tolerate gluten again.
??

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals