Diet changes and smelly farts...

DKayJoe

Hi all,

I have recently made changes to my diet which are having a clear positive impact (clear mind, increased energy, less agitation, improved mental continuity etc) however it is not optimal. I have been farting very frequently for quite sometime and suffer symptoms of SIBO and poor digestive health in general. Since my dietary changes (switching from many processed foods and fortified starches to a more fruit based and unfortified starch, gluten free diet) I have been farting less often and violently however, occasionally now when I do fart they smell like what I can only imagine is death after he's been squatting in a heroin addicts bedsit for six months, worse than my dogs farts.

Due to the positive physical/mental changes across the board I am wondering if the change in smell is due to undesirable bacteria dying off in my gut and releasing endotoxins which are being expelled as gasses?
Anyone else have the same experience after positive dietary changes or know if my theory might have some traction? I'm hoping i'm not having some adverse effect on my gut and this is an early warning sign.

Thanks for reading.

Perry Staltic

My guess is you don't have enough yet of the right bacteria to handle the changes. Mine used to be crimes against nature, but bacillus coagulens, and maybe some others, took that away. I can point you to a study that mentions coagulens reducing offensive smell.

bogbody

i get the death farts when i eat too much potato. might be worth trying to figure out if it's a specific food causing it.

equipoise

Always ease into making changes in diet - life general. Keep tracking notes of what you respond good to, gas=undigested food for bacteriae.

CARROT SALAD!