Estrogen dominance and testosterone pellets

Saphire

Hello, its been since 2019 since I have been on here. I started Peating in 2017 through 2019. I have been estrogen dominance since 2019. I ignorantly, because I could not get relief from ED went back to a somewhat low carb diet because of reading sugar increases estrogen and after all I couldn't shake the dominance symptoms. So fast foward 2 yrs and needless to say my health started declining due to the low carb. After the decline and the severe estrogen dominance and sever hypothyroidism symptoms and through much prayer I thought may be I should go back to square one, which was Peating.

So to give you a history, Feb 2019 started testosterone pellets. In Dec 2020 I noticed some health shifts. I began to have a lot of stomach bloating. then by Feb 2021 my hair started frizzing and brittle all over to the point of having to cut 6" inches of it off ?. I have dealt with adrenal fatigue for years but June 1st I went into a severe adrenal fatigue to the point I basically was working, cooking dinner and that's it. Anything extra would cause me to be on the couch for days.

I started Progest-e Oct 7th, 3 drops in the morning and 3 drops befor bed totalling 18mg/day. I take 2 Vit e in evening, b1&2 afternoon. Vit d3 & k in afternoon. Still estrogen is severe. So severe the week before cycle it gets unbearable. I even get tingles in my face and lips. I have tried everything, CDG, I3-c, DIM, I eat clean, my products are clean and organic. I don't eat nor cook out of plastic and everything is stored in glass.

I am suppose to redo my pellets in 2 wks. What are your thoughts? I really don't think pellets are helping and may be contributing to the increase of estrogen. Also, if I could get any type of help to lower this estrogen would be help ful

Health history:
Hypothyroidism
One ovary with oblation procedure 2 yrs later ( this was in 2005), so I don't bleed just have PMS for 5-7 days
Take 25 mg t3 6 am and 10 mg T3 at 4pm

I also take magnesium citrate, ZINC and L-lysine daily.
I have the Heterozygous MTHFR GENE 677 / Normal 1298

Sorry for Long post. But I am desperate for relief.
Thanks in advance
~Michelle

S-VV

You need to hit that progesterone way harder. 6 drops may not be enough. Im a man and i take 20 drops daily

Happycat

I am not 100%sure this is the case, but testosterone can be converted to estrogen in the body, through aromatase.

Not an advice, but if this was me I wouldn't get any more testosterone pellets, I would increase progesterone and eat carrot salad every day.

OP
Saphire

Saphire

I am not 100%sure this is the case, but testosterone can be converted to estrogen in the body, through aromatase.

Not an advice, but if this was me I wouldn't get any more testosterone pellets, I would increase progesterone and eat carrot salad every day.
Thanks Happycat, I have re ad this same thing somewhere else. So I think that is the best route to take as well .

OP
Saphire

Saphire

They are also progest-e. I think my drops have about 6 mg of progesterone, but it depends on size of the drop
Sorry, but I have called it wrong. I am taking Molecure Progesterone complex from Forefront health. Each drop is 3mg. I guess I need to start adding more drops. I am just concern cause in the past it has actually increased my estrogen when I tried adding more drops. So at one time I stopped taking it all together cause of this, boy was that a mistake...more symptoms. This is why I started back again at a lower dose. However, Estrogen symptoms are unbearable!

Beastmode

@Saphire
"Take 25 mg t3 6 am and 10 mg T3 at 4pm"

That's a very high amount of T3 at a time. 10 mg is really pushing it, even if you have a large meal with it. 25 mg is seriously outside the physiologic range in one dose.

OP
Saphire

Saphire

@Saphire
"Take 25 mg t3 6 am and 10 mg T3 at 4pm"

That's a very high amount of T3 at a time. 10 mg is really pushing it, even if you have a large meal with it. 25 mg is seriously outside the physiologic range in one

Hello, its been since 2019 since I have been on here. I started Peating in 2017 through 2019. I have been estrogen dominance since 2019. I ignorantly, because I could not get relief from ED went back to a somewhat low carb diet because of reading sugar increases estrogen and after all I couldn't shake the dominance symptoms. So fast foward 2 yrs and needless to say my health started declining due to the low carb. After the decline and the severe estrogen dominance and sever hypothyroidism symptoms and through much prayer I thought may be I should go back to square one, which was Peating.

So to give you a history, Feb 2019 started testosterone pellets. In Dec 2020 I noticed some health shifts. I began to have a lot of stomach bloating. then by Feb 2021 my hair started frizzing and brittle all over to the point of having to cut 6" inches of it off ?. I have dealt with adrenal fatigue for years but June 1st I went into a severe adrenal fatigue to the point I basically was working, cooking dinner and that's it. Anything extra would cause me to be on the couch for days.

I started Progest-e Oct 7th, 3 drops in the morning and 3 drops befor bed totalling 18mg/day. I take 2 Vit e in evening, b1&2 afternoon. Vit d3 & k in afternoon. Still estrogen is severe. So severe the week before cycle it gets unbearable. I even get tingles in my face and lips. I have tried everything, CDG, I3-c, DIM, I eat clean, my products are clean and organic. I don't eat nor cook out of plastic and everything is stored in glass.

I am suppose to redo my pellets in 2 wks. What are your thoughts? I really don't think pellets are helping and may be contributing to the increase of estrogen. Also, if I could get any type of help to lower this estrogen would be help ful

Health history:
Hypothyroidism
One ovary with oblation procedure 2 yrs later ( this was in 2005), so I don't bleed just have PMS for 5-7 days

Thanks in advance
~Michelle
Okay I have another issue on the rise from the above and would love some feed back. I have noticed everytime I drink coffee, (4oz coffee, 4oz milk, 1 tbs honey, 1tbs collagen) the estrogen symptoms increase in my breast. This is where I am also having alot of my symptoms anyway. But after coffee it is worse. Ant thoughts on this?

@haidut

Health history:
Hypothyroidism

Thanks in advance
~Michelle

I was reading on this website (which happens to be a fan of Ray Peat) that you need a lot more progesterone to combat estrogen dominance

” The term "estrogen dominance" was coined to describe the 'adverse' symptoms often encountered by men and women if they have a naturally high level of estrogen or, in the case of women, have been on HRT (hormone replacement therapy) or the contraceptive Pill for any length of time and therefore have low progesterone levels.

Initially progesterone has a stimulatory effect. This is because progesterone activates the oestrogen receptors so making oestrogen the dominant hormone which makes many men and women feel worse.

With progesterone therapy, progesterone gradually becomes the dominant hormone and symptoms begin to ease. Some women never experience estrogen dominance, in others it can take several days, whilst in others it can last longer. Much depends on the amount of excess oestrogen that is present.

*Men can also experience oestrogen dominance when first using progesterone.

It is essential to use enough progesterone, about 100-200mg/day, to overcome the excess oestrogen.
women use too little,

20-40mg/day, so progesterone is always in the stimulation mode. This leaves them in a permanent state of oestrogen dominance.

If symptoms are severe, for instance heavy continual bleeding or debilitating hot flushes, up to 400mg/day will be needed.

Normally men will benefit from 10-20mg/day progesterone, but if a higher than normal amount of oestrogen is present, it's advisable to use up to 100mg/day.

It is easy enough to reduce the amount of progesterone to the optimum level, once symptoms have resolved. The reduction should always be done slowly over several weeks.”

I really appreciate this. I have used progesterone in the past, but I was using it all wrong. I wasn’t using ENOUGH.

It left me in a constant state of estrogen dominance. I kinda backed off when I should have stayed with it and done it properly.

So now I’m trying it differently by using MORE PROGESTERONE …The author of this article says you can use 200mgs. a day or more to get balanced.

Men can even go as high as 100 mgs. A day if they have a lot of estrogen dominance.

*What you really have to do is push on through when you initially are experiencing the estrogen dominance symptoms IN THE BEGINNING of the PROGESTERONE THERAPY.

That’s what I failed to do the last time. Now I’m going for broke, but I’m going to do it the right way.

There’s a progesterone cream you can order on the website called Natpro. It has the higher dosage of 100 mgs per application.

golder

Interested in the natpro cream. I’m from the UK but can’t find the full ingredients of the product. I want to check the binders/additives/fillers etc before I buy it.

OP
Saphire

Saphire

I was reading on this website (which happens to be a fan of Ray Peat) that you need a lot more progesterone to combat estrogen dominance

” The term "estrogen dominance" was coined to describe the 'adverse' symptoms often encountered by men and women if they have a naturally high level of estrogen or, in the case of women, have been on HRT (hormone replacement therapy) or the contraceptive Pill for any length of time and therefore have low progesterone levels.

Initially progesterone has a stimulatory effect. This is because progesterone activates the oestrogen receptors so making oestrogen the dominant hormone which makes many men and women feel worse.

With progesterone therapy, progesterone gradually becomes the dominant hormone and symptoms begin to ease. Some women never experience estrogen dominance, in others it can take several days, whilst in others it can last longer. Much depends on the amount of excess oestrogen that is present.

*Men can also experience oestrogen dominance when first using progesterone.

It is essential to use enough progesterone, about 100-200mg/day, to overcome the excess oestrogen.
women use too little,

20-40mg/day, so progesterone is always in the stimulation mode. This leaves them in a permanent state of oestrogen dominance.

If symptoms are severe, for instance heavy continual bleeding or debilitating hot flushes, up to 400mg/day will be needed.

Normally men will benefit from 10-20mg/day progesterone, but if a higher than normal amount of oestrogen is present, it's advisable to use up to 100mg/day.

It is easy enough to reduce the amount of progesterone to the optimum level, once symptoms have resolved. The reduction should always be done slowly over several weeks.”

I really appreciate this. I have used progesterone in the past, but I was using it all wrong. I wasn’t using ENOUGH.

It left me in a constant state of estrogen dominance. I kinda backed off when I should have stayed with it and done it properly.

So now I’m trying it differently by using MORE PROGESTERONE …The author of this article says you can use 200mgs. a day or more to get balanced.

Men can even go as high as 100 mgs. A day if they have a lot of estrogen dominance.

*What you really have to do is push on through when you initially are experiencing the estrogen dominance symptoms IN THE BEGINNING of the PROGESTERONE THERAPY.

That’s what I failed to do the last time. Now I’m going for broke, but I’m going to do it the right way.

There’s a progesterone cream you can order on the website called Natpro. It has the higher dosage of 100 mgs per application.
Thank you for this. I have used Natpro before and am familiar with the site. It is expensive, so what I have been using through Forefront health is more cost effective when using a higher dose.