A Wish For More Energy

Sefton10

And what do you do for being saturated with no bloating and a falta stomach?
Lots of trial and error to work out the foods that work best for me. Currently my foundation is whole Jersey milk, fruit, honey, meat, eggs, bone broth, cocoa butter/chocolate and mushrooms. Liver and oysters once or twice a week. I think the better the digestion the more nutrients we actually absorb from our foods too, which also compounds over time and helps raise metabolism, which improves digestion even further etc.

Vins7

Lots of trial and error to work out the foods that work best for me. Currently my foundation is whole Jersey milk, fruit, honey, meat, eggs, bone broth, cocoa butter/chocolate and mushrooms. Liver and oysters once or twice a week. I think the better the digestion the more nutrients we actually absorb from our foods too, which also compounds over time and helps raise metabolism, which improves digestion even further etc.
So, for you avoiding starches is the most important for a good digestion?

Sefton10

So, for you avoiding starches is the most important for a good digestion?
It’s definitely been a big part of the improvement I’ve seen. As has avoiding certain fruits like dates and bananas. I persisted with the raw carrot for a long time too and it never worked, daily mushrooms on the other hand have really helped.

Nomane Euger

It’s definitely been a big part of the improvement I’ve seen. As has avoiding certain fruits like dates and bananas. I persisted with the raw carrot for a long time too and it never worked, daily mushrooms on the other hand have really helped.
Hi,what did dates do to you?

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

Unfortunately, for me, starches, starchy fruits or fruits with fiber, and milk, ALL of these food groups bloat me.
Non-milk forms of dairy constipate me.
Starches are the worst.
I'm honestly thinking of going Carnivore again for gut health and add lots of honey and fiber-free juice and supplement Calcium.

Vins7

Unfortunately, for me, starches, starchy fruits or fruits with fiber, and milk, ALL of these food groups bloat me.
Starches are the worst.
I'm honestly thinking of going Carnivore again for gut health and add lots of honey and fiber-free juice and supplement Calcium.
It sounds very harsh on a psychological and social level. Personally, I don't think I could do this type of diet for more than a few weeks without failing, although I had 0 bloating with these foods.

Sefton10

Hi,what did dates do to you?
Bloating and just a general feeling of unease. I sometimes have date syrup as a honey alternative and that’s fine, so it’s the fibre in the dates I think.
If that included some egg yolks and maybe bone broth you’d be pretty well covered to be fair. Without starch I need to make sure I get enough fat with each meal too. The most important thing is to just tune into what works for you rather than sticking with a protocol or certain foods for the sake of it.

redsun

Starches are the worst.

You are just leaning towards orthorexia again it seems. Plant foods do create more bulk in the gut. Thats just how it is. Does not mean the plants are bad for your gut. If a food is causing pain, bowel issues... These need to be clear, obvious signs. Bloating is actually not one. Milk bloats because of the proteins expanding or something like that (cant remember exactly).

If you eat more fibers and plant substances you will have more bulk (and thus apparent bloat) in your gut. This is universal for everyone basically. What you probably need to do is do some ab work so that whole area is stronger and everything will keep in and reduce the bloat. Strong abs also helps bowel movements. This obsessive need to reduce bloat only hurts you in the long run by keeping your food choices limited.

gaze

did the carrot cause a neutral effect or was did it make things worse?

Sefton10

did the carrot cause a neutral effect or was did it make things worse?
To be honest it probably made things a little worse, it just didn’t sit right in my stomach. Same when I had on its own or with a meal. Cooked mushrooms in bone broth work a treat though.

OccamzRazer

Hi man, I'm new to your thread here...

But if I were you I'd go for it!

Perhaps go full carnivore and add back in one food at a time.

Carnivore's real utility IMO is as a lowish-PUFA elimination diet.

This is what I did last summer. Ate just meat and broth for a month. Then added in carrots and mushrooms and felt good. Then added in eggs and felt good eating less than a dozen a day. Then added in yogurt and felt better. Then added in honey and felt even better. Etc etc.

Nomane Euger

Hi man, I'm new to your thread here...

But if I were you I'd go for it!

Perhaps go full carnivore and add back in one food at a time.

Carnivore's real utility IMO is as a lowish-PUFA elimination diet.

This is what I did last summer. Ate just meat and broth for a month. Then added in carrots and mushrooms and felt good. Then added in eggs and felt good eating less than a dozen a day. Then added in yogurt and felt better. Then added in honey and felt even better. Etc etc.
what about fruits

Nomane Euger

Sure, reincorporate them too! I did that later on in the process, but of course it could be done anytime.
when you reintroduced honey,how much could you handle in one sitting,and daily?

OccamzRazer

when you reintroduced honey,how much could you handle in one sitting,and daily?
Started with about a few tablespoons a day I believe. Was eating 500 cals of honey each evening after about a week.

No issues with it, besides wanting to eat even more lol. And maybe a little bit of facial bloating/water retention.

That's another nice thing about carnivore. It might help you dial in your carb tolerance.

Vins7

Started with about a few tablespoons a day I believe. Was eating 500 cals of honey each evening after about a week.

No issues with it, besides wanting to eat even more lol. And maybe a little bit of facial bloating/water retention.

That's another nice thing about carnivore. It might help you dial in your carb tolerance.
And what foods did you notice that were causing your issues?

Vileplume

Hey Greek, I know you’ve tried raw milk, but have you tried raw goat milk?

Like you, I’ve had lifelong issues that stem from bad digestion.The other day I switched from pasteurized goat milk to raw goat milk, and my poops instantly improved a noticeable amount. Some other issues resolved too.

Also, I know you’ve tried thyroid, but have you tried NDT?

Just trying to brainstorm things yet to try.

OccamzRazer

So foods you eat know are meats, eggs, yogurt, carrots, mushrooms, honey and fruits?
Pretty much, mostly organ meats these days.

Also oysters, aged cheese, spinach, whey protein, occasional chocolate.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals