A Wish For More Energy

youngsinatra

I always had digestive issues and it did not really improve with all the bioenergetic stuff.

Adding in well-cooked white button mushrooms (boiled for 1h) changed that forever. Feels like leaving the matrix with low gut irritation. Also makes me have perfect stool consistency - I tend to have watery diarrhea and that did not improve with AC or raw carrot salad. Mushrooms are so wild.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

@GreekDemiGod have you been checked for gall stones before ?
I have not. I do not experience abdominal pains.
When I used to do light running, I remember I sometimes had discomfort where my liver is.
When I was Carnivore, I got some liver spots on my back, they went away.
I remember I was diagnosed with H. Pylori as a teenager, and that was 10 years ago. That's where my digestion issues started.

@youngsinatra Do you only boil them? I once tried boiling and frying them after and it gave me terrible stomach pain that night.
It is weird. I now have quite regular bowel movements, 2-3 times / day, that's an objective improvements. But they're incomplete bowels, I'd say.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

What about taking a step back and looking at the simple stuff.
Are you chewing food properly? Are you gulping down air while you eat? Are you drinking fluids immediately before/during/after meals? Do you eat hunched over with a plate on your lap or sat with good posture at a table? Have you tried going for a small walk after eating?
I eat fast and in a hurry. Guilty on not spending a lot of time on chewing. It's a habit.
I have tried being more conscious of it, but it's tedious. Not sure how much it would help.
Not drinking much fluids immediately before or after.
I take daily walks, might give me a 10-20% improvement.

I oddly don't crave a lot of salt. I have tried upping my salt intake, but my body just doesn't craves it a lot and I end up quitting.
Have tried Betaine HCL, feel absolutely nothing from it.

David90

Moral of the story: don't drink too much or at least between meals (and try to increase intermeal time?) and supplement betaine (which is itseld an osmolyte which helps with dehydration)?
It seems like it, yeah. At least not drinking Plain Water but rather Fruit Juice or Milk. I rarely drink between Meals. Only Exception is Coffee or Coffee with Milk and Sugar.
Red Beets has also Betaine in it, if i remember correctly. I eat it mostly every Day.

I also heard somewhere that the Urine should be a (throughout the Day) slightly Yellow.

ursidae

OP if you don’t eat beets I think they can give you a lot of valuable information. It’s not the best taste but you can eat one large steamed beet and note whether your urine and stool get coloured by them and how many hours it takes for that to happen after you ate them

1. If your urine and stool get coloured (beeturia) it means that potentially you have malabsorption, low stomach acidity. The pigment gets degraded by acid. I’ve noticed in periods when I’m decently healthy digestion wise (rare) beets don’t colour my stool
2. Recording how long it takes for the coloured stool to pass gives you an idea about the transit time. You can have many bowel movements a day but still be eliminating days old food. At least this has been true for me. I was eliminating three times a day, had an MRI done for other reasons and my bowels were described as “full and swollen with faecal contents”

Last edited:

LLight

We have shown that plasma betaine concentration and urinary excretion are tightly regulated and are controlled around individual set points (5). An increase in betaine intake, both acutely and persistently, significantly increases plasma betaine concentrations but does not result in increased betaine excretion (6, 7), nor are there large changes in plasma homocysteine or dimethylglycine concentrations relative to the dose of betaine supplied. This implies that a substantial amount of the ingested betaine is accumulated by the tissues rather than being metabolized; thus, dietary betaine is important for replenishing tissue betaine concentrations and is likely to have an important role in maintaining osmotic control.
I don't know how much and for how long you would need to supplement (or eat beets like it has been suggested) but from this citation, it seems like studies showed that people taking it seemed deficient and that their tissues retained it well.

Maybe there are tissues more privileged than the gut (like the brain). Maybe when you have a digestive issue, the deficiency is well settled and supplementation would be needed for a long time. I don't know.

Betaine HCL only worked for me after I experimented with the dosages and eventually was able to gradually lower the dose as my acidity levels improved over time.

ursidae

Betaine HCL only worked for me after I experimented with the dosages and eventually was able to gradually lower the dose as my acidity levels improved over time.
Did you use the burning sensation as a guide to the dose you needed and how many pills/mg was that dose?

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

OP if you don’t eat beets I think they can give you a lot of valuable information. It’s not the best taste but you can eat one large steamed beet and note whether your urine and stool get coloured by them and how many hours it takes for that to happen after you ate them

1. If your urine and stool get coloured (beeturia) it means that potentially you have malabsorption, low stomach acidity. The pigment gets degraded by acid. I’ve noticed in periods when I’m decently healthy digestion wise (rare) beets don’t colour my stool
2. Recording how long it takes for the coloured stool to pass gives you an idea about the transit time. You can have many bowel movements a day but still be eliminating days old food. At least this has been true for me. I was eliminating three times a day, had an MRI done for other reasons and my bowels were described as “full and swollen with faecal contents”
I like beets and have easy access to them. Will try.
But do you mean to use / eat them for diagnosis purpose or are they helpful to digestion too?

2. This may well be the case. Drinking coffee or eating some dried plums will trigger a small bowel movement for me almost always.

Did you use the burning sensation as a guide to the dose you needed and how many pills/mg was that dose?
Haha yes! But simply drinking water/fluids was enough to dilute my stomach acid and offset any discomfort. That’s when I realised it was burning dose minus 1 pill, and that was my start point.

ursidae

They’re a bile acid binder, beet juice improves bile flow and this is how it relieves constipation. Contain lots of folate. They are very oxalate and nitrate rich however so I don’t think safe for everyone/for daily consumption

ursidae

Haha yes! But simply drinking water/fluids was enough to dilute my stomach acid and offset any discomfort. That’s when I realised it was burning dose minus 1 pill, and that was my start point.
I can take 15 pills and not feel a burning. So I settled with about 6 until one day I woke up with horrible gastritis and couldn’t eat anything for the next three days. This is the problem with betaine, some people don’t feel anything and it’s not exactly cheap to take 20 pills a day: What was your highest non burning dose?

I can take 15 pills and not feel a burning. So I settled with about 6 until one day I woke up with horrible gastritis and couldn’t eat anything for the next three days. This is the problem with betaine, some people don’t feel anything and it’s not exactly cheap to take 20 pills a day: What was your highest non burning dose?
15?? Wow I’d start to question the quality of that supplement. Yeah for me it was around 6/7, but the size of my meal also was a varying factor. It didn’t take long for things to improve though, and with religious use of the carrot salad bloating and digestion is soo much better.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

I have used this product, up to 4 capsules at a time and felt nothing from it.
20210408_145343.jpg
20210408_145337.jpg

Vins7

I always had digestive issues and it did not really improve with all the bioenergetic stuff.

Adding in well-cooked white button mushrooms (boiled for 1h) changed that forever. Feels like leaving the matrix with low gut irritation. Also makes me have perfect stool consistency - I tend to have watery diarrhea and that did not improve with AC or raw carrot salad. Mushrooms are so wild.
you have not tried to take any type of antiparasitic, antibiotic or antifungal?

jet9

Do you eat them white button mushrooms daily? and how much? 100g?

For some reason when i try to add them i usually have less restful sleep and more fatigued next day. But yes, they do improve stools much better than carrots.
Apples also work great for me in terms of stools. But they are less consistent.

youngsinatra

you have not tried to take any type of antiparasitic, antibiotic or antifungal?
Some antibiotics that fixed constipation but caused watery diarrhea long-term. Wouldn't do it again.

Do you eat them white button mushrooms daily? and how much? 100g?

For some reason when i try to add them i usually have less restful sleep and more fatigued next day. But yes, they do improve stools much better than carrots.
Apples also work great for me in terms of stools. But they are less consistent.

I eat around 350g (raw weight) almost every day - equals to around 2 cups of cooked mushrooms.

Sefton10

I persisted with the raw carrot for a long time but it never quite sat right with my digestion. I find cooked mushrooms much more enjoyable/effective.

youngsinatra

I persisted with the raw carrot for a long time but it never quite sat right with my digestion. I find cooked mushrooms much more enjoyable/effective.
Same, carrots are too harsh for my gut. Mushrooms work wonders.

OP
G

GreekDemiGod

So T3 is a hit or miss for me. I reckon it works for me in the beginning, then some nutrients get depleted or out of range, because at some point, it stops working, then on some days it works again.
From my experience, T3 does not help in raising morning temps, but it does help in raising daytime temps.
I rarely reach 37.5 C wake-up temp. On average, it's 36.3C.

Hit 37.0 this evening after 2mcg T3 + 250mg B1 + a cup of coffee