Without good fruit available would you eat starches?

I don‘t eat it so often anymore because I get tooth aches from any starch after a while, but yes, it‘s fine to eat regularly, especially with some cheese or butter. The nixtamalization process makes it pretty nutritious.

That is funny you say that boris because oats make my teeth sensitive too.

L

Lord Cola

I have been eating lots of refined sugar with milk after I no longer could get ripe fruit, but this seems to have been causing serious deficiencies, I think B vitamins, causing digestive problems and skin issues. I have always needed lots of food, and eating refined sugar seems to make it impossible for me to meet my nutritional needs even with reasonably high amounts of beef liver and oysters.

If I don't manage to find good quality fruit soon, I am thinking of trying well-cooked potatoes, maybe mashed potatoes with enough fat and salt, as they seem to be among the most nutritious and widely available.

Sefton10

I have been eating lots of refined sugar with milk after I no longer could get ripe fruit, but this seems to have been causing serious deficiencies, I think B vitamins, causing digestive problems and skin issues. I have always needed lots of food, and eating refined sugar seems to make it impossible for me to meet my nutritional needs even with reasonably high amounts of beef liver and oysters.

If I don't manage to find good quality fruit soon, I am thinking of trying well-cooked potatoes, maybe mashed potatoes with enough fat and salt, as they seem to be among the most nutritious and widely available.
Sprouted oats and lentils have been working well for me for a while now. A good middle ground between fruit and refined starches like white rice.

Sprouted oats and lentils have been working well for me for a while now. A good middle ground between fruit and refined starches like white rice.
The sprouted brown rice and oats have been a great find for me too! You cannot taste the difference, the anti-nutrientsxare gone so they don't bother my teeth and they digest perfectly, without bloating or heaviness. I bought the sprouted lentils and cooked them in homemade bone broth, but they wouldn't soften, no matter the extra cooking time, and I mean extra Black beans were the same way, they still had a "bite" to them. Do yours soften up?

Sefton10

The sprouted brown rice and oats have been a great find for me too! You cannot taste the difference, the anti-nutrientsxare gone so they don't bother my teeth and they digest perfectly, without bloating or heaviness. I bought the sprouted lentils and cooked them in homemade bone broth, but they wouldn't soften, no matter the extra cooking time, and I mean extra Black beans were the same way, they still had a "bite" to them. Do yours soften up?
I buy organic green ‘puy’ type lentils and sprout them myself. Soak for 8-10 hours then leave for maybe 16-24 hours (rinsing 2 or 3 times) and they sprout a treat. I then cook them for 1 min in the instant pot and they’ll last in the fridge a few days. It won’t be everyone’s cup of tea, but I add maybe 75g of cooked lentils to 50-60g of uncooked oats when I make my porridge ?

I buy organic green ‘puy’ type lentils and sprout them myself. Soak for 8-10 hours then leave for maybe 16-24 hours (rinsing 2 or 3 times) and they sprout a treat. I then cook them for 1 min in the instant pot and they’ll last in the fridge a few days. It won’t be everyone’s cup of tea, but I add maybe 75g of cooked lentils to 50-60g of uncooked oats when I make my porridge ?
You do go the extra mile for your food and think outside the box. I am always impressed :)