Would Fruit / Fruit Juices / Milk Fill Up Muscle Glycogen Just As Good As Starches Do Such As Rice /

thms

Would fruit / fruit juices / milk fill up muscle glycogen just as good as starches do such as rice / potatoes ???

I cant find a backed up answer on this question so far

any help is appricieated

nikolabeacon

If you are looking for published studies you wont find an answer...because it depends on many things

Such as your Liver Health, Digestion, Bowel health, Macronutrient proportions( especially amount of fat), levels of thyroid, CO2 ....

For majority of people Sugar(sucrose) is probably not enough and as good as glucose( starch) for filling up muscle glycogen

OP
thms

thms

If you are looking for published studies you wont find an answer...because it depends on many things

Such as your Liver Health, Digestion, Bowel health, Macronutrient proportions( especially amount of fat), levels of thyroid, CO2 ....

For majority of people Sugar(sucrose) is probably not enough and as good as glucose( starch) for filling up muscle glycogen

Thanks for clearing that up

i ask this because i want muscles to be as full as possible for various reasons.

What would be the best way / source to fill them up ?

thank you

nikolabeacon

Thanks for clearing that up

i ask this because i want muscles to be as full as possible for various reasons.

What would be the best way / source to fill them up ?

thank you
You can experiment with different sources of starch in order to find ones which are digested quickly without bloating and which , do not cause allergic reactions, gas ( fermentation), and runny and stuffed nose

And include sucrose as well from safest sources you can find.( non allergenic honey, coke, fresh, squized juice from ripe fruits..in this order)....100-150 g probably will be enough

Last edited:

X3CyO

Fructose is supposedly good for increasing liver glycogen if you read haiduts quote on elchapchapchapo's thread on glycogen storage.

Pretty sure its not as effective as glucose for muscle glycogen though.

Perhaps in combination with glucose itll more readily push glucose into the muscles since the fructose will fill the liver quickly.

OP
thms

thms

You can experiment with different sources of starch in order to find ones which are digested quickly without bloating and which , do not cause allergic reactions, gas ( fermentation), and runny and stuffed nose

And include sucrose as well from safest sources you can find.( non allergenic honey, coke, fresh, squized juice from ripe fruits..in this order)....100-150 g probably will be enough

What would you reccomend for me? I am a bodybuilder and have 300 grams of carbs to spend when on a diet. tried spending these on orange juice/milk/sugar but felt like i wasnt as full as on rice and potatoes.

what would a good split be? i love rice only it lacks potassium and i am struggeling to get over 3500 mg a day...

What is non allergenic honey?

nikolabeacon

What would you reccomend for me? I am a bodybuilder and have 300 grams of carbs to spend when on a diet. tried spending these on orange juice/milk/sugar but felt like i wasnt as full as on rice and potatoes.

what would a good split be? i love rice only it lacks potassium and i am struggeling to get over 3500 mg a day...

What is non allergenic honey?
Only 300 g of carbs?

OP
thms

thms

Yes this is on a diet to lose fat, would you consider it too little?

diet is 300 carbs
180 protein
80 fats

Stats are 180 cm 93 kgs 10-11 % fat

beta pandemic

cant give you any studies but heres my experience (i lift 3x/week and do bodyweight exercises on off days):

fluid milk is good for bloating.

strained yogurt mixed with honey or fruit jam/marmalade is better

but nothing beats combination of refined starch + 1-2 cups of fruit juice to wash it down

nikolabeacon

Yes this is on a diet to lose fat, would you consider it too little?

diet is 300 carbs
180 protein
80 fats

Stats are 180 cm 93 kgs 10-11 % fat
If thats your goal I would drop fat to 30-35 g, protein to 100-120 and carbs 500-600,g

OP
thms

thms

If thats your goal I would drop fat to 30-35 g, protein to 100-120 and carbs 500-600,g

Thanks for your reply.

My goal is to drop bodyfat while keeping sex drive up and glucogen stores as full as possible

also dont want to loose lean mass

i thnk that 100 grams of protein is too little for my LBW ( 182 lbs) and 1 pound of lbw is the minimum i need??

i also work out 5 times a week,.

thank you

nikolabeacon

Thanks for your reply.

My goal is to drop bodyfat while keeping sex drive up and glucogen stores as full as possible

also dont want to loose lean mass

i thnk that 100 grams of protein is too little for my LBW ( 182 lbs) and 1 pound of lbw is the minimum i need??

i also work out 5 times a week,.

thank you
100 is more than enough if you have 500 -600g of carbs....i think 2-3 times a week of muscle stimulation is all you need....5 is I think way too much

OP
thms

thms

i am a fitness model so going from 5 times to 2-3 times in my business d
100 is more than enough if you have 500 -600g of carbs....i think 2-3 times a week of muscle stimulation is all you need....5 is I think way too much

i am a muscle model so training less than 5 times a week doesnt seem right to me...

also when you are in a caloric defecit is 100 grams of protein enough ?

how does this look for starters?
IMG_6244.JPG

paymanz

i am a fitness model so going from 5 times to 2-3 times in my business d

i am a muscle model so training less than 5 times a week doesnt seem right to me...

also when you are in a caloric defecit is 100 grams of protein enough ?

how does this look for starters?View attachment 4751
I think to some point lowering protein intake rather than carb is better.

Because you gonna burn some of that protein as fuel anyway,in a calorie restricted diet.

OP
thms

thms

I think to some point lowering protein intake rather than carb is better.

Because you gonna burn some of that protein as fuel anyway,in a calorie restricted diet.

thank you, any more insights on this??

paymanz

thank you, any more insights on this??
When you want restrict your calorie its better to first remove fats, then cut some protein , and carbs last one to cut.

If possible, remove all of fats, as much as possible.

I don't know the formula to calculate it,but at certain point of calorie restriction your not anabolic anymore,your protein requirement falls a bit.

Sorry don't let my post confuse you on protein, only thing I'm sure about is to remove fats as much as possible.

OP
thms

thms

When you want restrict your calorie its better to first remove fats, then cut some protein , and carbs last one to cut.

If possible, remove all of fats, as much as possible.

I don't know the formula to calculate it,but at certain point of calorie restriction your not anabolic anymore,your protein requirement falls a bit.

Sorry don't let my post confuse you on protein, only thing I'm sure about is to remove fats as much as possible.

doesnt cutting fat inferfere with hormone production:? That is what ive always learned...

protein would be around 1 gram per pound of lean bodyweight i suppose?

thank you

paymanz

doesnt cutting fat inferfere with hormone production:? That is what ive always learned...

protein would be around 1 gram per pound of lean bodyweight i suppose?

thank you

Surely there should be a difference between protein intake of bulking period ,or maintenance period with that of weight cutting period.my point is that if some of dietary protein has to break down for gluconeogenesis then its better to replace that with carbs,so your body access that glucose without the need for cortisol and catabolic paths to break that protein.

Here also keto acids from potato comes to mind, they can absorb the nitrogen from protein catabolism to form a amino acid again.

A high carb diet fully supports chlosterol synthesis,anyway some of your carbs get converted into triglycerides in your body.and according to ray sugar is best tool to increase cholesterol.

OP
thms

thms

any more insights on why starch fills up muscles more than sugar does??

Because glucose is better for that purpose and sucrose is only 50% glucose. Why not just eat half of your carbs from starch and half from sucrose?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals