Which Vitamin E Products Don't Contain Soy Oil?

Discussion in 'E' started by Dutchie, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Dutchie

Dutchie Member

Lately I've been researching the various Vit.E supplements over here in the stores, most of them are made with sunflower,saffloer,soy or wheatgerm oil which I all don't want.
    There's one brand which I bought the last couple of times that's based on olive oil,but it's also a very expensive brand and I really need to cut back financially since I'm unfortunately don't see me getting a regular paid job in the near future,which is seriously depressing me :( (has nothing to do with health btw)

Anyway,unfortunately I cant order the Unique E supplement and couldn't find what oil is in there. However I found a somewhat cheaper alternative that mentioned being based on glycerin. I don't know what it is, the shop owner could only tell me it's supposedly plant-based....so I was wondering if anyone knows if this might be an alternative to the olive oil one? or is glycerin also detrimental to thyroid?

2. charlie

charlie The Law & Order Admin

Is it too much to get it shipped(unique-e) from the states? Or its not allowed?

3. OP
    Dutchie

Dutchie Member

Combination of factors; dont have a creditcard,shipment is high even from uk and lately customs is really keeping an eye on packages and charging xtra fee.

4. OP
    Dutchie

Dutchie Member

I also cant find on the site of unique e what oil they use.

5. Wilfrid

Wilfrid Member

Hi Dutchie,

I think that the AC Grace vit E is made from soybean oil like 99% of all the vit E present on the market.
    On the other hand AC Grace says that there is no soybean oil/ protein left in the finish product.
    But , and I'm not 100% sure about that, it's seems that this vit E is made from GMO soybean oil....
    The only brand, which I think it's equal or even superior to AC Grace is 4Spectrum vit E but this one is really expensive and does contain a small amount of tocotrienols which is not Peat's approved thought is made from non GMO source.

6. charlie

Soybean oil? I didnt know that. :(

7. OP
    Dutchie

Dutchie Member

Well,my current supplement based on olive oil (and also the one based on glycerin) contains only D-Alfa_Tocoferol so is it really that bad that the others aren't in it? (bc I don't seem to notice any harm or whatsoever......actually don't even know if these supplements I'm taking work)

8. chris

chris Member

Dutchie - I am from UK also, I bought Unique E from here.

http://www.iherb.com/A-C-Grace-Company- ... tgels/8294

Didn't get any extra customs charges for it, I believe the charge is around 25 pounds, so this unique e just escapes it. If possible I would recommend this website.

Edit: Noticed you said you don't have a credit card. If it was something you would be willing to do, I would be more than happy to order it to your address if you posted me the money.

9. charlie

:clap

Chris, that is very kind of you.

10. OP
    Dutchie

Dutchie Member

That is indeed very kind of you Chris:) thanx 4the offer,i'll take it into consideration.
    However im not so keen on the soyoil in it.

I read at a site where they had a product with glycerin in it,that they stated glycerin is usually made of coconut or palmoil. I think this was about a beauty product though....
    Do you all think this would also be the case for the vit.e supplement?....as ive never seen one with sat.fat being used

11. kettlebell

kettlebell Member

I have Unique - E at home. Definitely no Soy oil in it.

Ingredients: Vitamin E, Gelatin, Glycerin, Water. Thats it. :):

12. OP
    Dutchie

Dutchie Member

Someone mentioned earlier in this or another thread that Unique E is based on soyoil. Today I also got a reply from the store where I asked about the glycerin,as glycerin is just a referration towards some kind of veggie oil, and they also answered that the glycerin is based on soyoil.
    So,it seems glycerin in supplements is based on soyoil. :(

13. shaadoe

shaadoe Member

What is the source of your Vitamin E?

Mixed Tocopherols – the source for the Vitamin E in this product is soybean oil. However, A.C. Grace uses a proprietary distillation process that extracts all soy oil out of the Vitamin E oil, thus providing a pure, natural form. So, inside the capsule or pump bottle is a pure, natural concentrate mix of alpha, beta, gamma and delta tocopherols with no fillers, additives, colors, wheat, gluten, soy oil, soy protein or flax. Our capsules are a beef gelatin. Our product is certified to be PCR-negative which is the industry recognized classification for products that have been produced and distilled to remove any and all contaminates that could affect purity.
    Tocotrienols – the source for the Vitamin E in this product is the Annatto Bean. The same processes are used to provide a pure Tocotrienol product with NO fillers, additives, colors, wheat, gluten, soy oil, soy protein or flax. Our capsules are a beef gelatin.

14. kettlebell

kettlebell Member

Doh!

It seems everyone is trying to kill us, even the people who say the aren't.

15. chris

chris Member

Had comments last night about my hair being very soft, only thing I've done differently is vitamin e really. Nice.