Advice About Vit E Supplement

ste199

Hi all, i want to try supplementing vit e but unfortunately i can't buy supplement online and the only available at local store are not the best,The ingriedients are the following
Soy oil,gelatin,wheat germ oil,vit E from sunflower oil,glycerol.
it contains 90 IU aka 60mg of mixed tocopherol.
i think it should not contain more than 1 gram of Pufa and they are hopefully balanced by E.
They're very cheap and i want to try it,Do you think the soy and sunflower oil are more harmuful than the benefits of vitamin?

Diokine

It probably won't be very effective. The vitamin E from costco is decent, still not the best option.

raypeatclips

As Diokine said, I am not sure what effect the soy and sunflower oil would have, but the Vit E itself might not be very good quality, so you might not notice much. I'd try other options if you can.

OP
ste199

ste199

ok thanks i'll search for something different

schultz

Sometimes these products contain less oil than you think. I have a vitamin A supplement (the vitamin A comes from cod liver oil) and the first ingredient is flax oil. This might seem like a bad supplement from reading the bottle but the pills are quite small. I weighed a pill on my micro scale and the entire pill with the oil and vitamin A in it weighs 193mg. I squeezed out all of the oil and weighed the capsule and it weighs 88mg. The product has 3,000mcg of vitamin A in it so that is another 3mg. This leaves 102mg of oil and flax oil is 68% PUFA. The pill contains 69mg of PUFA. Not very much at all for 10,000 IU's of vitamin A.

schultz

Follow up to my last post: I have a vitamin e supplement I give to my goats when they are pregnant. It says it has soybean oil in it. The entire capsule with oil weighs 580mg. With the oil squeezed out the gel cap "husk" weighs 200mg. The 400 IU's of vitamin E weighs 266mg. This leaves 114mg of soybean oil. Soybean oil is 58% PUFA so which means there is 66mg of PUFA per pill.

I would suggest if you have to buy a generic supplement from the store to shake the bottle and and listen to the sound in order to find the smallest pill size possible. This works with solid pills as well since smaller pills means less excipients, generally.

milk_lover

Whatever you get, don't ingest it. Rather, put it on your wrists. Less stomach irritation, more happiness!

cyclops

Whatever you get, don't ingest it. Rather, put it on your wrists. Less stomach irritation, more happiness!

For some reason I always felt Vitamin E would not absorb well on the skin. I guess it is the viscous texture. But really this is not the case? It absorbs well on the wrists?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals