What Does A Bad Reaction To Vitamin E Feel Like?

wild-bee

I've finally pinpointed some horrible woozy experiences to a vitamin e concentrate:
Natural Vitamin E - d-mixed Tocopherols Concentrate 70L

I think it's extracted from Soy and blended with sunflower oil and not food grade:
INCI name: Tocopherol, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil

Specifications:
D- Tocopherol in total Tocopheryls (%): > 80.00
a-Toccopherol (%): 6.0 – 14.0
Beta and gamma Toccopherol (%): 40.0 – 45.0
Delta Toccopherol (%): 14.0 – 25.0
Total Tocopherols: 70

I took less than 300mg on Sunday and Monday, just started to feel normal again today (Thursday), symptoms included weak shaky muscles (when going down the stairs or holding a cup), slightly swimming vision, stumbling when walking a couple of times, pounding heart and waking up before my alarm two mornings

previously I felt like I'd had loads of coffee and couldn't stop talking and not being able to focus when driving

Basically the opposite to any calming effect I was hoping for. I don't know if I took too much, are you supposed to build up the dosage?

What are other people feeling when they don't get on with a certain brand?

peateats1

I think I'm experiencing the same thing right now My muscles are completely weak and shaky. I've been taking progest e for many years and then started idealabs e occasionally on my skin in the last couple of months. I read somewhere that e in excess can cause muscle issues.

wild-bee

weird how it's such a small dose but still getting this effect huh

I think I'm experiencing the same thing right now My muscles are completely weak and shaky. I've been taking progest e for many years and then started idealabs e occasionally on my skin in the last couple of months. I read somewhere that e in excess can cause muscle issues.

Do you guys and gals consuming plain sugar? I would
take an B-complex higher dosed to make absolutely sure this is not a Bvitamin-deficiency from
peating with plain sugar. i mean it that way.
muscle issues are neurological issues,it probably doesnt come from the vitamin e,its just time-coincidence.
Also,no non-foodgrade supplements.

wild-bee

I eat a couple of teaspoons of honey but also lots of liver, I may have had a similar reaction to iodine one time it's hard to know

peateats1

Do you guys and gals consuming plain sugar? I would
take an B-complex higher dosed to make absolutely sure this is not a Bvitamin-deficiency from
peating with plain sugar. i mean it that way.
muscle issues are neurological issues,it probably doesnt come from the vitamin e,its just time-coincidence.
Also,no non-foodgrade supplements.
You were right! I literally ran myself into the ground from lack of nutrition and over doing metabolism boosting supplements. I'm hopefully back on track somewhat with a way more nutrient dense diet and less supplement usage...People, don't ramp up your metabolism without adequate nutrition!! It sucks bad and now I owe a lot in medical bills due to er visit and drs.

wild-bee

I was so SURE it was the vitamin e, but nope turns out was homemade NDT :flushed: (bf knew right away and asked 'are you taking any weird glands again')

a fortnight after stopping it was okay lifting heavy boxes at work without my knees going to jelly, then tested the vitamin e oil separately for two weeks and didn't have any kind of reaction. What I don't understand is I increased the dosage ever so slowly over months and it did nothing the whole time then suddenly made me feel bad

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
OccamzRazer Why does everyone have post-nasal drip & bad breath all of a sudden? Symptoms, Causes 32
ecstatichamster Does Carrot/cooked ‘shrooms/bamboo Shoots Cause Anyone Bad Effects, Or Headaches Blood Work, Labs 30
M Does Ray Peat Actually Say Here That High LDL Can Be Bad? Cholesterol 9
D What Does It Mean When Temp Is Bad Upon Waking But Normal For The Rest Of The Day? Metabolism 3
C If Estrogen Is So Bad, Why Does It Immediately Help Female Issues 34
F Comedown / crankiness from lack of coffee - does this mean it's bad for me? FredSonoma 2
F Does any of these are fattening up the liver? Ask For Help or Advice 3
DrJ Reminder: number of Covid cases does not matter Viruses, Parasites, Fungus, Vaccines 7
Hans How much does muscle matter for energy expenditure and fat loss Articles & Scientific Studies 20
Julian Does Creatine supplementation raise phosphorus levels in the body? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 26
SatoshiPufamoto Does Ray Speak Spanish? Ray Peat Topics 7
D Does anyone here use Berberine regularly? Supplements 11
ddjd Homemade mitosynergy copper (copper 1) Does it really work?? Ask For Help or Advice 9
M Mandatory vaccines in Russia. How does this fit in the opinion of many that say Covid is exaggerated by the west for their political interests? Ask For Help or Advice 79
ValL What does this state correspond to? Ask For Help or Advice 6
J Melatonin - why does it work so well. Insomnia, Sleep Issues 11
S Does DHT REALLY cause hairloss?? With Hans Amato Hair & Nails 3
jpgio Why does coconut oil only upset my stomach past a certain amount? Coconut Oil 2
P Does high prolactin levels make you balls smaller? Ask For Help or Advice 1
A Does Peat have an opinion on the 90's? (ie Waco, Ruby Ridge, OKC, Kaczynski) Political Talk, Alternative World Theories 4
J Does anyone know of a good, EFFECTIVE moisturiser for hands? Skin 5
L Does adenosine triphosphate Lower serotonin Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 6
youngsinatra Does Coffee Inhibit B1 Absorption? Vitamins 8
P How long does alldaychemist usually take to ship? Ask For Help or Advice 16
F Does transdermal magnesium chloride get into the blood streem thru the skin? does it gets to the liver? Ask For Help or Advice 4
R Anybody eating Peat inspired and low sulfur? If so, what does your diet look like? Diet 2
M Would sleeping underneath a blanket/pillow replicate some benefits of bag breathing and high altitude living? does oxygen cause aging/degeneration? Ask For Help or Advice 7
S Why does my tounge go pink, face becomes less oily and less red seb dermitius when i stop carbs? Skin 22
J Why does trt cause hairloss? Hair & Nails 32
M Does wounding work for wrinkles prevention and reversal? Ask For Help or Advice 3
M Does coconut oil kill bacteria or not? Ask For Help or Advice 32
G How many grams of PUFA's does ur average gel have? D 2
A Does calcium sulphate (epsom salt+milk) increase endotoxin? Ask For Help or Advice 0
G Does sugar really break down collagen? Skin 1
S Does breast tissue (gynecomastia) increase aromatisation? Thyroid and Hormones 1
M Why does Ashwagandha cause anger issues? Ask For Help or Advice 5
L Milk Does Not Raise Cholesterol 2 million studied Dairy, Eggs 2
C Does muscle meat have more Glycine ? Diet 16
J Does anyone know a good quality Olive oil brand that is not laced with PUFA-UK accessible? Fats 8
P Does more dhea equal more dht? Male Issues 36
P How does this dhea complex sound to you guys Male Issues 5
P Does higher testosterone levels make the face wider Male Issues 71
wealthofwisdom Does increased hunger = increased metabolism? Metabolism 34
D Does Scalp Oil/Sebum Prevent New Hair Growth On Bald Heads ? Hair & Nails 3
M Why does harmless harvest coconut water have so much phosphorus? Beverages, Fruits, Sugars 5
T Thorne Research vitamin K2 liquid topically does nothing to me Ask For Help or Advice 6
soul_rebel Does the RPF Have a Global Reach? Society 7
J Does phosphatidylserine tolerance exist? Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 3
T Does coffee interfere with vitamin E oral absorption? Ask For Help or Advice 2
TypicalJock Hello, I used to suffer from thickness in blood, does consuming PUFA effect the thickness of blood Ask For Help or Advice 7