Vitamin A And E: Brands, Effects Noticed

dookie

#1 is sun
I can control estrogen for 2-3 days with just 30mins of sunshine.
Not even 8hrs of incandescent light can do this in my experience.
Light increases progesterone keeping its ratio to estrogen in check and Vitamin D produced from exposure to sunlight can assist opposing estrogen.
I don't think the sun's anti-stress effect is fully understood. Potency implies that there's more to it.

#2 clean gut
Less poison from food and bacterial activity. Thus, lower serotonin and estrogen. Better detoxification function.

#3 Vitamin E
It's potent. Two drops around on nipples can take care of estrogen for few hours. Large doses can take care of it for a day or two.

#4 good sleep
Those folks stuck in the hamster wheel of life know the difference between a full-night rest and a bedtime quickie.

I've seen little anti-estrogenic effects from other fat-souble vitamins and aspirin. I don't see them as part of an affective standalone therapy. Ceproheptadine is defintely more effective (by loweing histamine and sertonin) but I haven't tried it in large doses to judge.
Although Ray suggests that Naringenin works as an AI, I think fibre in OJ can offset this action by overfeeding bacteria.
Progestrone in excess can be problematic, especially for men. Unlike the sun it doesn't increase testosterone ruling it out as a main therapy method.
Carrot salad I think is good as a maintenance strategy but more powerful cleansing might be required in some cases.

The best strategy would be to tune in to how one feels when there's extra estrogen. Using light or some vitamin E at the first sign of an estrogen surge could smooth the overall pattern of stress induced by excess estrogen overtime. Adequate sleep and recovery from daily stressors allow for better capacity to handle stress. Building systematic health gradually like people suggested here is a better idea compared to trying something more dramatic.

Which type of Vitamin E do you use?

I've tried alpha tocopherol with mixed tocopherols, 400 IU in oil, and also "dry E" (tocopheryl succinate), and ironically they all seemed to increase a few estrogenic symptoms

OP
D

dookie

Just echoing what many have already written here as these are the things that have helped me the most, they are so important that I cannot compromise on any of them:

Lifestyle modification/stress reduction

Daily sunshine or red light sauna

Keeping gut and liver VERY clean

Losing excess body fat

Lots of vitamin E

30,000 I.U. of vitamin A (I use two of the Carlson brand you have on hand)

Magnesium

Progest-E & Thyroid meds, although both of these have been reduced as I heal

Perseverance and Patience

Can you say a bit more about how you use the Vitamin A, and which effects you notice from it?

Peata

I really like Swanson's Gamma Tocopherols. I could tell a difference fast with it, where with other vitamin E's, never even had any results.

Can you say a bit more about how you use the Vitamin A, and which effects you notice from it?

I take 30,000 I.U. orally pretty much every day, but not on days that I eat liver.

The effects are clear skin without resorting to antibiotics or Accutane for the first time in my entire adult life. I'll be 50 this year, the acne started when I began menstruating in Junior high (13 years old) and it never let up unless I was taking antibiotics or Accutane, which I did for years.

High dose vitamin A seems to help my guts and thyroid A LOT, which I suspect helps clear estrogen, but I'm not a scientist, so this is solely based on my own personal experience.

Vitamin A: Anti-Cancer and Anti-Estrogen – Functional Performance Systems (FPS)

Orion

I take 30,000 I.U. orally pretty much every day, but not on days that I eat liver.

The effects are clear skin without resorting to antibiotics or Accutane for the first time in my entire adult life. I'll be 50 this year, the acne started when I began menstruating in Junior high (13 years old) and it never let up unless I was taking antibiotics or Accutane, which I did for years.

High dose vitamin A seems to help my guts and thyroid A LOT, which I suspect helps clear estrogen, but I'm not a scientist, so this is solely based on my own personal experience.

Vitamin A: Anti-Cancer and Anti-Estrogen – Functional Performance Systems (FPS)

Curious what type or brand of vitamin A? Low or high dose Accutane can clear me right up, but stop and comes back. Nutrisorb, A-mulsion, (acetate or palmitate) etc... low or high doses seems to cause acne for me.

The RP liver and vitamin A for dandruff/acne recommendations are the opposite for me...

Lots of vitamin E

Read in the forum that tocotrienols should be avoided. Still best to use only tocopherols? Alpha/Beta/Delta/Gamma, which is best?

Peata

I use the Swanson's high Gamma E every day:

Swanson Ultra Maximum-Strength Gamma Tocopherol 30 Sgels - Swanson Health Products

Yeah, Accutane works great while you're on it, but the side effects really suck.

This is the vitamin A that I use, I take two per day....unless I eat liver, then I skip it:

Carlson Vitamin A Palmitate 15,000 IU 240 Sgels - Swanson Health Products

I started taking that same Swanson product a few weeks ago after seeing Haidut recommend it, and as I said above, it really helps. I also had that same Carlson Vit. A in my cabinet for a long time, and started it this week. I can't say yet if it is doing anything but it doesn't seem to be hurting, and hopefully is working synergistically with the E.

Orion

I started taking that same Swanson product a few weeks ago after seeing Haidut recommend it, and as I said above, it really helps. I also had that same Carlson Vit. A in my cabinet for a long time, and started it this week. I can't say yet if it is doing anything but it doesn't seem to be hurting, and hopefully is working synergistically with the E.

I ordered the Whole E from health natura today, once I am taking that, I will see how I react to vit A again.

The vitE I have now has 45mg palm tocotrienols included, but olive oil in the softgel. Searched many brands today and they all seem to have soybean oil in the softgel...

Ulla

Searched many brands today and they all seem to have soybean oil in the softgel...

I am using these two (well, still waiting for vitamin A)
Nature's Way, Vitamin E-400, 400 IU, 100 Softgels
Other Ingredients
Gelatin (softgel), glycerin, medium chain triglycerides, water.
Nature's Way Vitamin E contains no preservatives, yeast, milk, lactose, wheat, sugar or corn.

Country Life, Vitamin A, 10,000 IU, 100 Softgels
Other Ingredients
Gelatin, glycerin, purified water, (capsule shell), medium chain triglycerides. Contains fish (cod).
100% bovine gelatin, BSE-free.

I was convinced by containing MCT... hope I didn't buy bad products. :)

OP
D

dookie

I just procured some Vitamin E, mixed tocopherols. It says: Wheat germ oil, glycerol, Mixed tocopherols (d-alpha, beta, delta, gamma tocopherol). 30 mg per capsule. Take 1 or 2 per day.

So should I just break open a capsule and rub the oil on my skin?

What dose of vitamin E do you notice an anti-estrogenic effect from?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals